Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Undrafted Free Agent Tracker

gooseneck

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How about this guy ?

(apologies that some of his highlights were against Washington, but it actually shows how good he really was, because this was back when we were great)

Guess pick your flavor.  See some of Morris in him too.  :)

On 5/1/2021 at 8:48 PM, Number 44 said:

When I saw Paddy Fisher wasn't drafted, I hoped we would sign him.  Unfortunately, he signed with Carolina.  I'm surprised that he wasn't drafted.

Yeah i was disappointed that he wasnt drafted but glad he has signed on with a team.  I work with his older brother so obviously I was looking out for his name.

2 hours ago, PCS said:

I'll just link to this thread with that cool title ;) in the Draft Index thread,(last post in thread).  Cool.  Oh yeah. This young man looks like he can do some running with that football. :) 

Should have called it "Jaret Patterson Tracker"

I think the reality is that we already have a ton of people contracted, don’t know what the offseason camp numbers are this offseason, but I would guess we have room for a couple of vet additions, maybe another teams roster cut etc, and aside from that we are set for the offseason.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Of course, they're not locked into that. That can change in an instant.

As you know, a lot of those guys are either borderline players or simply camp fodder.

So it would be nothing, to cut one of them, in order to make room for an UDFA they really like.

Oh sure, Im not suggesting the 90 pkayers they have is carved in stone. But if they don't like anybody more than the guys they got, then that explains the lack of movement.  UDFAs are inherently marginal players as it is.

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rivera talked about the increasing financial commitments it takes to sign these UDFA make them less attractive.

Makes sense.

Marginal NFL player coming to a place where they have pretty thick competition at practically every position, so you're chances of making the team are slim, and you're not making much salary, and you have to pay moving expenses to relocate to DC, and probably living in a high COL area around DC.

Has me wondering, if anyone knows more about how NFL salaries work...

If a UDFA signs with an NFL team on a typical UDFA contract, but he gets cut before the season starts, roughly on average, about how much cash does he typically walk away from that with ?

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Makes sense.

Marginal NFL player coming to a place where they have pretty thick competition at practically every position, so you're chances of making the team are slim, and you're not making much salary, and you have to pay moving expenses to relocate to DC, and probably living in a high COL area around DC.

Has me wondering, if anyone knows more about how NFL salaries work...

If a UDFA signs with an NFL team on a typical UDFA contract, but he gets cut before the season starts, roughly on average, about how much cash does he typically walk away from that with ?

Short answer is that it depends. There is a cap in how much of a bonus teams can give. Plus teams can guarantee some or all of the salary. But getting twenty to thirty thousand is generally very good. Supposedly, the Chiefs gave Steve Buechele $175,000 guaranteed, which is really high.

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Short answer is that it depends. There is a cap in how much of a bonus teams can give. Plus teams can guarantee some or all of the salary. But getting twenty to thirty thousand is generally very good. Supposedly, the Chiefs gave Steve Buechele $175,000 guaranteed, which is really high.

Well, I mean... it’s Shane Buechele. Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Yea only 4 and clearly had more holes last year so not surprising there's only 1 this year.

It's pretty surprising to me. When Washington only signed four guys last year, that was by far a league low. And they've now cut that number by 75 percent. Maybe Rivera's the smartest guy in the room, but no one else seems to agree with him. We always hear about the draft being a lottery. You generally want more tickets, not less.

Archived