Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Undrafted Free Agent Tracker

gooseneck

14 minutes ago, carex said:

honestly, I think the second TE slot could be open, Bates could easily be the third guy

Now, for the people who are concerned about us not drafting a QB, I think there is only one thing we can do about making sure we address the QB situation in 2022

We have to trade for Josh Rosen

Please No Super Troopers GIF - PleaseNo No SuperTroopers - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 7

I went to University at Buffalo so I keep up with their football team each year. Jaret Patterson is no joke. I hope he gets a good shot at competing as I think he's overlooked because of the school and competition. Even against better competition where his OL was outmatched, he was always getting yards, and in chunks.

And you look at his size and assume he's only a receiving back, but he runs about 40lbs heavier than he is.

Edited by Rocket442Olds
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Rocket442Olds said:

I went to University at Buffalo so keep up with their football team each year. Jaret Patterson is no joke. I hope he gets a good shot at competing as I think he's overlooked because of the school and competition, but even against better competition, where his OL was outmatched he was always getting yards.

And you look at his size and assume he's only a receiving back, but he runs about 40lbs heavier than he is.

I expect a lot of out him this year.  Might be the biggest steal of an UDFA in this team's history.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Holy ****, welcome to DC Mr. Patterson........

I don't know 3 of his touchdowns in his 8 touchdown day were under 30 yards on the carry.  We would really prefer a running back who averages over 40 yards a carry

• Haha 8

He's so small it's hard for the defenders to get a good hit on him.  And his balance is amazing.  Being so small must mean his center of gravity is just that much lower...or something.  He looks built to the max despite being 5'5...5'4?  Wait, he measured in at 5'6 and a half?  He can't be that tall.  Was he jumping?

He's going to be a fan favorite in preseason, calling it now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

This will blow ALL of your all's minds!  Let it sink in.  He had this pick taking when he was a kid.  That's him.

Think about it... any one of us likely bumped into this kid some 15 years ago at TC. Who would've thunk it? I bet Patterson bleeds burgundy and gold like the rest of us.  

Edited by JaxJoe
  • Like 2

Patterson is a beast.

He reminded me of Joe Morris.

I thought he even looked shorter, and I checked, and he is actually shorter than Joe Morris !

But I can see, in some ways, he can use that to his advantage, and become harder to tackle. A defender, out of habit may reach for the area they're used to reaching for, to grab a runner's legs, but you reach at that level with Patterson, and you'll either get a stiff arm, or his slippery hips, and BOOM, he's gone !

Here's what I would like to see :

A photo-op of these 2 undrafted players of ours, standing side by side...

Sammis Reyes and Jaret Patterson.

It would be like Father/Son.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaxJoe said:

Think about it... any one of us likely bumped into this kid some 15 years ago at TC. Who would've thunk it?

Probably ran up to some of us bobbling a football, barely able to hold it, and shouts "I'm gonna be a Redskin one day. You. just. wait. and. see !"

And you just chuckled and said "Awww, how cute"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

He's so small it's hard for the defenders to get a good hit on him.  And his balance is amazing.  Being so small must mean his center of gravity is just that much lower...or something.  He looks built to the max despite being 5'5...5'4?  Wait, he measured in at 5'6 and a half?  He can't be that tall.  Was he jumping?

He looks like he was drafted out of pee-wee league...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Already one of mine. I talked about him a bit in the Comprehensive Thread (as did a few others).

The only reason he fell was his size and he didn’t have a teammate do similar things (Williams/Carter). Carter isn’t much bigger. If at all.

But because he mirrored Williams success against an ACC schedule that gave him some ruse (though he was still drafted lower than I thought he would be).

Patterson is a tough runner and he’s still lightning in a bottle personified.

He’s my favorite Day 3 get on this team. Followed closely by Cheeseman (yes, I’m serious.)

IMO our top draft picks/signees have been:

1) Jamin Davis

2) Brown

3) Cosmi 

4) Patterson

Patterson is going to make this team. And play.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Don't get this approach. We traded super early into the 6th round to get 2 more picks at the end of the 6th and the middle of the 7th because (I guess) there seemed to be multiple players left on their board that they like. And then after the draft they do not even try to bring in additional guys?

I know there are some capacities due to COVID this year but why not even try to sign some more players? Atlanta for example has signed 16 guys already. Last year we also only signed 4 or 5 guys. Not sure what the rationale behind that is. I'd at least look for a kicker to compete with Hopkins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Don't get this approach. We traded super early into the 6th round to get 2 more picks at the end of the 6th and the middle of the 7th because (I guess) there seemed to be multiple players left on their board that they like. And then after the draft they do not even try to bring in additional guys?

I know there are some capacities due to COVID this year but why not even try to sign some more players? Atlanta for example has signed 16 guys already. Last year we also only signed 4 or 5 guys. Not sure what the rationale behind that is. I'd at least look for a kicker to compete with Hopkins.

it’ll be a combination of COVID/logistical restrictions, plus having a good level of confidence in the group as it stands.

ATL likely wants a load of rookie contracts in to help with the salary cap burden. They still have issues to resolve before they can even get draft picks in, thus the Julio trade coming post June 1st I’d guess.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

it’ll be a combination of COVID/logistical restrictions, plus having a good level of confidence in the group as it stands.

ATL likely wants a load of rookie contracts in to help with the salary cap burden. They still have issues to resolve before they can even get draft picks in, thus the Julio trade coming post June 1st I’d guess.

Sure, those are good reasons to not sign 16 players. But 1 guy seems ridiculously low. We have had an UDFA making the final roster in many of our recent seasons. It just seems odd that there are no guys left where we feel they could contribute. Also it's always nice to get a look at some guys for the inevitable situation that someone gets hurt and you need to bring players in either to fill the roster or the practice squad.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

Sure, those are good reasons to not sign 16 players. But 1 guy seems ridiculously low. We have had an UDFA making the final roster in many of our recent seasons. It just seems odd that there are no guys left where we feel they could contribute. Also it's always nice to get a look at some guys for the inevitable situation that someone gets hurt and you need to bring players in either to fill the roster or the practice squad.

Agree it is a different approach to the normal across the league. I’m sure we’ll end up with a couple more over time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Panninho said:

My best guess? They tried to get a few other guys in and they signed elsewhere. The only one that they got that they really wanted was Jaret Patterson who signed here because 1) we're kinda thin at RB and 2) Grew up a Skins fan. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

My best guess? They tried to get a few other guys in and they signed elsewhere. The only one that they got that they really wanted was Jaret Patterson who signed here because 1) we're kinda thin at RB and 2) Grew up a Skins fan. 

That is probably true. But we also signed only 4 or 5 guys last year. Seems like a theme. Worked out last year so I won't complain, I just generally like to give guys a chance and it's not like we didn't rely on players who originally went undrafted last year. Danny Johnson, Jeremy Reaves, Steven Sims, Cam Sims, Marcus Baugh, Taylor Heinicke, Cornelius Lucas, J.D. McKissic, Steven Montez, Isaiah Wright and Jared Norris are all players who played for us last season and didn't get drafted.

It's a numbers game and while it's awesome if they feel confident about the draft class it's never a bad idea to keep looking.

Ultimately they will probably sign a couple of more guys. Just feels a bit odd that they are not competing for the high priority UDFA.

10 hours ago, Number 44 said:

When I saw Paddy Fisher wasn't drafted, I hoped we would sign him.  Unfortunately, he signed with Carolina.  I'm surprised that he wasn't drafted.

I agree. He was one of the UDFA that stood out to me. While lacking in speed he is so smart and instinctual that I think he could have worked into a 2 down leader in the middle and removed any need to keep Bostic and his cap hit. He is better than Bostic versus the run. I would jumped at Dylan Moses also at LB and take chances with the knee as he is loaded with talent