Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Undrafted Free Agent Tracker

gooseneck

5 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Nice, we’ve signed Jarrett Patterson RB. A squatty bowling ball of a man with good production.

Your description of him sounds a little like another RB we took, out of a small school, and also late in the 3rd Day - Mr Morris.

That worked out pretty well.

Just a suggestion, to avoid confusion. Since we have a Free Agency thread, maybe edit this title to show this is just for Undrafted FA's ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Nice, we’ve signed Jarrett Patterson RB. A squatty bowling ball of a man with good production. I haven’t watched him in depth but I’ve heard good things. Maurice Jones Drew loves him. 

He should. :)  He's his mini me clone.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m a big Patterson fan. I didn’t think he’d be a high pick because of his size but I’m utterly baffled he went undrafted.

So true.  I knew about him but we are fortunate to get him since we didn't land Hill or Jefferson.  Kid can run!

• Like 1

Patterson's a local kid, too.  Went to Pallotti High School in Laurel, Maryland.

Holy cow:  On November 28, 2020, Patterson scored 8 touchdowns against Kent State in a 70-41 win, and ran for 409 yards on 36 carries.  That's a whole season for mere mortals.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Patterson's a local kid, too.  Went to Pallotti High School in Laurel, Maryland.

Holy cow:  On November 28, 2020, Patterson scored 8 touchdowns against Kent State in a 70-41 win, and ran for 409 yards on 36 carries.  That's a whole season for mere mortals.

True, I can't tell you the last time I ran that much in one day, let alone when people were trying to knock me down from the exercise. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think if he works with the team's Nutritionist, and puts on a little weight from that frame, he might have a good chance of making the team.

Carbs, yes!  More Carbs!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

When I saw Paddy Fisher wasn't drafted, I hoped we would sign him.  Unfortunately, he signed with Carolina.  I'm surprised that he wasn't drafted.

I’m surprised someone named Paddy Fisher hasn’t already been indicted in the US District Court of Massachusetts for racketeering.

• Haha 8

I know we interviewed Trill Williams. If that wasn't just to get info on his teammate, Cisco, than I wonder if there is a chance we bring him in. 

I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Tamorrion Terry. Jamie Newman also went undrafted. Not that he does much for me.

I think Dylan Moses may be done. I didn't know he couldn't even participate in his pro day because of that same knee. I can live without another Malcolm Kelly/Bryce Love. I bet Ron Rivera feels the same way. If he never has to answer another, "How is Bryce Love's rehab coming along? How is Reuben Foster doing?" type question, I doubt it will break his heart. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I know we interviewed Trill Williams. If that wasn't just to get info on his teammate, Cisco, than I wonder if there is a chance we bring him in. 

I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Tamorrion Terry. Jamie Newman also went undrafted. Not that he does much for me.

I think Dylan Moses may be done. I didn't know he couldn't even participate in his pro day because of that same knee. I can live without another Malcolm Kelly/Bryce Love. I bet Ron Rivera feels the same way. If he never has to answer another, "How is Bryce Love's rehab coming along? How is Reuben Foster doing?" type question, I doubt it will break his heart. 

Newman with the Eagles.

Williams signed with the Saints.

Moses with the Jags.

Terry with the Seahawks.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Newman with the Eagles.

Williams signed somewhere already. 

We've only signed one UDFA.  Hoping that number goes up.  Most all the other teams have at least 3 + signings.  Just saying.  :)

Edited by RWJ

don't know how to edit a title

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Your description of him sounds a little like another RB we took, out of a small school, and also late in the 3rd Day - Mr Morris.

That worked out pretty well.

Just a suggestion, to avoid confusion. Since we have a Free Agency thread, maybe edit this title to show this is just for Undrafted FA's ?

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Newman with the Eagles.

Williams signed with the Saints.

Moses with the Jags.

Terry with the Seahawks.

Now that I think about it, maybe we aren't that appealing as a UDFA destination. You have to think that this roster is now going to be difficult to crack. There is probably some room for a FS or LB, but there isn't a lot of quality there to bring in. Why would an UDFA WR/OL/DL/CB/TE/QB prospect sign here?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

As I recall, we signed few UDFAs last year. Must be part of Rivera's way of doing business.

IF he only signed the one (Patterson), he made it count!  :) 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Now that I think about it, maybe we aren't that appealing as a UDFA destination. You have to think that this roster is now going to be difficult to crack. There is probably some room for a FS or LB, but there isn't a lot of quality there to bring in. Why would an UDFA WR/OL/DL/CB/TE/QB prospect sign here?

If I was a TE like Briley or Yeboah, I’d look here.  They both signed elsewhere.  You have Thomas, now Bates, but that 3rd TE slot is open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If I was a TE like Briley or Yeboah, I’d look here.  They both signed elsewhere.  You have Thomas, now Bates, but that 3rd TE slot is open.

Think they’re going to try to shoehorn Reyes in there. I don’t know the international player rules but since he actually signed I’m not sure he’s protected on the PS. But I’m not sure of the rules and admit I could be wrong.

• Like 1

honestly, I think the second TE slot could be open, Bates could easily be the third guy

Now, for the people who are concerned about us not drafting a QB, I think there is only one thing we can do about making sure we address the QB situation in 2022

We have to trade for Josh Rosen

• Haha 3