Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

19 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

You do agree that this take is clinically insane though right? Nothing Williams did approached Chubb's freshman pre-injury season at Georgia, McCaffrey was basically the best two way college RB since Faulk, Kamara was an absolute freak of nature as a pro though not as a collegian, and Bell was a once in a generation talent at his approach as well. To compare him to those guys in terms of just comps, is so <expletive> stupid it beggars belief, and for the record, I like Williams more than Harris (due to age, he's two years younger) and a lot in general, but this is like saying, Justin Field's is as if Steve Young, Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Joe Montana went into burning man Orgy tent, and out came Ohio State's future stud QB an hour later. It's absurd. Feels like an Onion sports piece. 

Now that we managed to skirt around the Ruggs pothole of this draft (Thank You Giants), we can focus on WR's that drop and are as good as any not named Chase like Marshall and Rondale Moore. 

I hear you on that however I wasn't commenting about her comments.  I was saying I like the player.  On another note, If we are going to live and die with PFF, they love the dude by the way and even they think he's 2nd round value.   He's PFF's top RB.

11 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Given that our 2nd rounders always bust anyway, I would rather waste a second on him so we can pick up a solid player in the 3rd

Sure seems that way huh, RT.  LOL  Hopefully whoever we pick that changes.  :)

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No thanks to Bolton. Zero desire to add him.

Not a Marshall fan but no need to continue rehashing that... if we are going boundary receiver they are fairly scarce... give me Tylan over him.

I go back with Tylan, two seasons running with me touting him.  He's been my go to guy in the third round for a long time.  So I'd be plenty happy with Tylan.   Terrace is more inconsistent but he's arguably the biggest athletic freak among the receivers and the dude can play.   Both with high intangibles.

I'd love either one.  The hard thing for me is the receiver crop is so deep that's its likely better to go elsewhere early on.  But I bet I get emotional before the pick comes and throw that out the window. 😀

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I really don't want us to go QB.

How do you guys rank/like the remaining OT's for our team? I think I'd love a traitsy, high upside guy like Cosmi, that the coaches could work with for a year. LT isn't an emergency this year but Cosmi certainly has the physical makeup to be a long term solution there. 

In a fantasy world, I would love to to somehow grab Moehrig and Tyson Campbell. I feel like that would be a finished defense with elite speed all over the field. 

After reading posts since we all started looking at the draft I believe there are some in our fan base who would take the Phillie Phanatic over the QB's we have signed right now just based on the Phanatics potential. We even have some now looking into rounds 2,3,4 for the future franchise QB. I'm not blaming anyone for looking for the next franchise QB but I really believe we have 3 guys right now who can take us far with a well built and healthy roster. I actually think we're building a defense that can take us far. If we take Mills, Trask or someone else I'd be surprised because I think we've got the QB's in house who will be here the next 2-3 years or longer. Call me an optimist but I think RR and company like who we have and I can dig on that. Lets pass on the QB in round 2 and grab a nice TE, or safety....round 3 lets grab another LB, corner or WR. Build this already solid roster with more weapons and depth. We can win with Fitz.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

After reading posts since we all started looking at the draft I believe there are some in our fan base who would take the Phillie Phanatic over the QB's we have signed right now just based on the Phanatics potential. We even have some now looking into rounds 2,3,4 for the future franchise QB. I'm not blaming anyone for looking for the next franchise QB but I really believe we have 3 guys right now who can take us far with a well built and healthy roster. I actually think we're building a defense that can take us far. If we take Mills, Trask or someone else I'd be surprised because I think we've got the QB's in house who will be here the next 2-3 years or longer. Call me an optimist but I think RR and company like who we have and I can dig on that. Lets pass on the QB in round 2 and grab a nice TE, or safety....round 3 lets grab another LB, corner or WR. Build this already solid roster with more weapons and depth. We can win with Fitz.

I’ve seen Phillie Phanatic’s antics.  Doesn’t seem like a Rivera guy from a culture standpoint.  Plus, if you think Trask lacks mobility...

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hear you on that however I wasn't commenting about her comments.  I was saying I like the player.  On another note, If we are going to live and die with PFF, they love the dude by the way and even they think he's 2nd round value.   He's PFF's top RB.

I don't live and die with PFF, I think we probably feel similarly about him, I think he could easily be the best RB, and he definitely is the best value considering his youth. 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/23/nfl-draft-2021-andre-cisco-went-from-long-shot-to-top-safety/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Syracuse coach Dino Babers described Cisco as a rare player, because of his work ethic, the kind of guy who will always do more. Ask him to put on eight pounds of muscle, he’ll gain 14, but not lose any of his speed. Ask him to spend an hour in the weight room, he’ll be there for 90 minutes.

Cisco, Babers recalled, was always the last player on the practice field working on his technique, perfecting his craft, whether he was coming off a great performance or a poor one. The Syracuse coach has a rule for himself: he can’t leave until all of his players are gone. Cisco frequently made him late for appointments. It is one of the reasons Babers is convinced his star safety will excel in the NFL.

“There’s two types of guys in the National Football League,” Babers said. “You got the freaks and then you got these guys who are just Steady Eddies, overachievers with ability, but they don’t act like they have ability. They’re always fine-tuning their craft and getting better and better and better. I think Cisco is more in the latter group, where he has very good athletic ability, but his work ethic puts him over the top.”

If not for the ACL injury he suffered during warm-ups prior to the third game of the season, Cisco would have had a shot at the Syracuse interception record of 19 held by Markus Paul, and could’ve possibly played his way into the first round.

As a freshman, he was the 2018 ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and the first Syracuse true freshman to receive All-America honors, after picking off seven passes. He was an All-ACC second-team selection as a sophomore despite missing three games due to injury. Expectations were through the roof for him last year. He was named to a series of preseason All-America teams and watch lists. Then came the freak injury. His season was over after two games.

“It was heartbreaking,” he recalled. “That was the only thing I’ve cried over in the past five years. That was one of those moments I just broke down.”

Cisco is hopeful the injury won’t hurt him too much in the draft. He is ahead of schedule, able to run and do field work, though he was only able to bench press at Syracuse’s Pro Day. He has been able to send teams videos of the progress he has made and expects to be ready for training camp.

“I still think I’m in a good place,” he said. “What I did in college is hard to ignore.”

The last five years have been a roller-coaster ride for Cisco. It started with his decision to leave home. Then came a sterling three-year stint at Syracuse that was cut short. Up next is a professional career that seemed like a longshot not so long ago.

“Honestly, it’s hard to imagine,” Cisco said. “That’s the part that’s going to get me the most, hearing the commissioner say my name. Everything [I’ve done] is for one moment. I’m sure it will be emotional.”

I can’t speak highly enough of:

Carlos Basham

Nick Bolton

Azeez Ojulari

JOK

Landon Dickerson

Jalen Mayfield 

Creed Humphrey 

Joseph Ossai

Christian Barmore

Levi Onwuzurike

Dayvion Nixon

Ronnie Perkins

Ben Cleveland 

Jay Tufele

Jaylon Twymon

Milton Williams

Let those guys be the first 16 picks tonight. GMs, don’t miss out on these guys. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Going on record as saying I think we stay at 51 and wait for the draft to come to us. I think my favorite guys will be gone. 

I agree but I suspect some of my favorite guys will still be there.  Maybe my top 5 will be gone.  But I suspect someone i like a lot will be there.  Fingers crossed. 

My top guys for tonight: (not necessarily in “like” order but a combo of like/need:

1. Trevon Moehrig

2. Samuel Cosmi 

3. Jevon Holland/Andre Cisco 

4. Dillon Radunz

5. Javonte Williams

6. Pat Freiermuth

7. Pete Werner

8. Caden Sterns

9. Amari Rodgers 

10. Tyson Campbell

JOK could be considered a BPA candidate anywhere after Holland/Cisco 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My top guys for tonight: (not necessarily in “like” order but a combo of like/need:

1. Trevon Moehrig

2. Samuel Cosmi 

3. Jevon Holland/Andre Cisco 

4. Dillon Radunz

5. Javonte Williams

6. Pat Freiermuth

7. Pete Werner

8. Caden Sterns

9. Amari Rodgers 

10. Tyson Campbell

JOK could be considered a BPA candidate anywhere after Holland/Cisco 

Damn, good list