Jamar Johnson

Caden Sterns

Tyler Shelvin

Shaun Wade

Dylan Moses

Richard LaCounte

Agreed, especially TE Brevin Jordan and LBs Jabril Cox and Cameron McGrone

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I never sat down and studied Stevenson but when I happened to watch him, which was quite a bit during the last college season he was steamrolling guys and was a fun watch.  But his pro day which I try not to fixate on but at times I do was so "meh" that it turned me off.  Among other things for a strong type RB "15" reps on the bench press?

Michael Carter:  one of my favorite players in the draft.  Years ago I liked Kamara and took him in the board's draft.  He doesn't have the build of Kamara but I think he brings similar explosion.  Best stop and go RB in this draft.  Electric IMO. 

Gainwell is a lot of fun to watch but I've mentally checked out on him figuiring they wouldn't go twice for a Memphis RB hybrid type.   But i like him.

Kylin Hill I've talked a bit about recently.  He strikes me as the type of guy they'd like.  He's a do it all type -- runs inside/outside.  Good pass blocker.  Good hands. 

Khalil Herbert:  jack of all trades, nothing special.  But really solid IMO and has sneaky explosivess -- breakaway runs

Chubba Hubbard: nice jump cut

in the later rounds I've liked Jake Funk (injuries though are scary with him) and Kene Nwangwu

I bet Carter goes in the first 15 picks in the 4th. I’d like Hill. We need a featured back if Gibson misses time because we lost our running game last year when he got hurt. I think Hill’s complete game helps him on that front and maybe his presence can help boot Barber off the roster.

I’d sit on RB for at least one more round though. I think the smart play is getting one of the TEs (unless they are actively converting AGG or Harmon to one) or the LBs (lets make a weakness into a strength and build good depth with Cox, Moses or Barnes).

Just now, ejay183 said:

I like Jamar Johnson as the one of the safeties left. Not the prototype centerfielder the team could use, but seems like a good player and value. Really liked his game against Justin Fields.

I’d rather have Tre Boston and Reaves. Everett and Curl are locks and you typically carry 4 safeties. Injuries happen but good chance Jamar wouldn’t make the team

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's actually a "Mount Cleveland" in the U.S.

It's in Alaska, and is also called the Cleveland Volcano.

Probably what his girl there, calls him when he erupts. Erupts in laughter, that is

Girls probably in lots of pain on a nightly basis....

Not sure if there was much talk of Kary Vincent Jr in the draft thread. Undersized DB from LSU. Having looked through the remaining prospects, he stands out with high athletic ability that we seem to be going after. Like the look of him day 3.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Today’s guys for me: 

Caden Sterns

Ar’Darius Washington

Jamar Johnson

Tyree Gillespie

Trill Williams

Shaun Wade

Jabril Cox

Derrick Barnes

Dylan Moses

Brevin Jordan 

Matt Bushman

Yeboah (athletic freak kind of dude at TE)

Quincy Roche (can’t believe he’s on the board)

Rashad Weaver

Cam Sample

Hamilcar Rasheed

Rhamondre Stevenson

Michael Carter

Chuba Hubbard

Kylin Hill

Jimmy Morrissey

Shane Buechele

I had to lol when I got down to the bottom of your list and saw Shane Buechele. After yesterday's picks and the Press conference with MM and RR( which was fabulous), I have given up on 'wasting' a pick on QB this year. If we get to the 7th and it's a choice between QB and LS, I would take the LS. But it's quite possible they have Buechele on their board, circled, with three gold stars next to his name because he's the ONE. lol

On another note, and this will show that I'm getting up there in years; every time someone talks about LS Cheeseman, I think of a Golden Girls episode of the Cheeseman( who was a mob hitman) trying to kill Myles. But luckily for Myles, the girls, in all their whimsical hijynx, rescue Myles and send the Cheeseman back to jail.

2 minutes ago, mudhog said:

I had to lol when I got down to the bottom of your list and saw Shane Buechele. After yesterday's picks and the Press conference with MM and RR( which was fabulous), I have given up on 'wasting' a pick on QB this year. If we get to the 7th and it's a choice between QB and LS, I would take the LS. But it's quite possible they have Buechele on their board, circled, with three gold stars next to his name because he's the ONE. lol

On another note, and this will show that I'm getting up there in years; every time someone talks about LS Cheeseman, I think of a Golden Girls episode of the Cheeseman( who was a mob hitman) trying to kill Myles. But luckily for Myles, the girls, in all their whimsical hijynx, rescue Myles and send the Cheeseman back to jail.

Who said anything about drafting him?

Just now, KDawg said:

UDFA ;)

Don't get me wrong KD. When you talked about Buechele weeks ago, I picked that up and ran with him in most of my mocks. Then someone made a comment about him, that mocks with him in it were idiotic because a 7th round QB is a wasted pick. 

I'm just happy to see someone keep the dream alive!

25 minutes ago, method man said:

I bet Carter goes in the first 15 picks in the 4th. I’d like Hill. We need a featured back if Gibson misses time because we lost our running game last year when he got hurt. I think Hill’s complete game helps him on that front and maybe his presence can help boot Barber off the roster.

I’d sit on RB for at least one more round though. I think the smart play is getting one of the TEs (unless they are actively converting AGG or Harmon to one) or the LBs (lets make a weakness into a strength and build good depth with Cox, Moses or Barnes).

I’d rather have Tre Boston and Reaves. Everett and Curl are locks and you typically carry 4 safeties. Injuries happen but good chance Jamar wouldn’t make the team

Yeah I am trying not to get attached to Michael Carter early today, just like I wasn't thinking much of Elijah Moore at the beginning of yesterday's draft.  Don't want to get my hopes up. 

I got to give some props to Sheehan.  When Sheehan described what he heard they wanted in a WR and said Elijah Moore was the prototype my mind raced to Dyami Brown.  As I said in the draft thread when I heard that -- the dude he's describing would be Elijah Moore light (but not that light) -- Dyami Brown. 

As for TE some of my three favorite guys still there:  Brevin Jordan, Briley Moore, Kenny Yeboah.  I like all three more than the typical mock drafter for reasons I explained many times.

Barnes or Cox would be great. 

Yeah i've become a Kylin Hill person late in the process.  I'd be happy with him.  But some smoke they like (including from TK) Jefferson.  I plan to watch him some more this morning.  I recall liking but not loving him earlier in the process but I got to refresh myself on it. 

If feasible, I would like to see them trade down in the fourth to pick up a 6th-round pick since they don't have one.  Then pick people who have the best chance of making the team and contributing regardless of position.  In other words, trust their board.

2 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

If feasible, I would like to see them trade down in the fourth to pick up a 6th-round pick since they don't have one.  Then pick people who have the best chance of making the team and contributing regardless of position.  In other words, trust their board.

I’m totally with you. There are so many quality players left that they can get someone they like in the 4th while still grabbing another pick

I noticed Brevin Jordan trending on twitter now

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Depends for me as to who is there.  IMO there are give or take 12 players right now that I wouldn't pass on -- so it would depend on how many if any are left on the board at that time. 

But in theory I agree.  

Nice haul of quality players that fit team needs.  I'm excited about the possibilities.

LB - if all of the former LB coaches love this kid then I'm sold.

OT - yes, he will compete to start and the existing OTs will battle it out for swing tackle or starting G

DB - positional flexibility CB or Free Safety.  He gets to compete for a starting role and could move around to different DB positions depending upon the opponent.  

WR - deep threat.  Finally, a complete WR squad.  The holdovers that we thought could be #2,#3,#4 WRs now have to compete to be good enough to make the team.  With a quality WR squad the team may be reliant more on a blocking TE

The remaining picks should be BPA with the goal of upgrading the depth positions.  Fingers crossed that they can find some gems.  I wouldn't be surprised if they find another WR and I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I wasn't overly familiar with some of the dynamics of the 4-2. With your explanations of it along with RR's remarks regarding the LB play and what we watched, Davis was the best option. Probably the next best would have been Werner and then possibly Barnes who interestingly is still there... He has a lot of qualities that make him an interesting possibilities.

I am a little upset McKitty went in the 3rd. If they missed on the top few TEs, he was my guy, really liked his skills better than most of them. I saw you mention Ben Mason in the 7th, I think the need to get him in the 6th. He will bring a ton of versatility and take pounds of flesh!

I have always seen the 4th round as the best place for a RB and there 5 great fits waiting to be called

I think Mason is a great TE3/H-Back/FB. Excellent culture guy and he was supposedly Harbaugh’s favorite player at Michigan

It'll be interesting to see how Darrisaw and JOK develop. We could have had Darrisaw at 19 and JOK at 51 instead of the Davis/Cosmi combo. This is of course assuming our coaches even saw JOK as a scheme fit here(I'm not sure he is).

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Darrisaw and JOK develop. We could have had Darrisaw at 19 and JOK at 51 instead of the Davis/Cosmi combo. This is of course assuming our coaches even saw JOK as a scheme fit here(I'm not sure he is).

I wonder if the coaches just look at LC and JOK as the same player.   If they can talk LC into playing some WLB, we have a proven version of JOK already on our defense.  Albeit for a lot more money, but it allowed us to address other needs.

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I wonder if the coaches just look at LC and JOK as the same player.   If they can talk LC into playing some WLB, we have a proven version of JOK already on our defense.  Albeit for a lot more money, but it allowed us to address other needs.

Yeah that's possible. But I don't think Collins wants to and to be honest I'd rather just cut him post June 1st.

I don’t think Tre Boston is an upgrade over our current roster. I know he’s low hanging fruit, but not sure why his name continues to pop up.

I’m hoping that Cox is there when we pick but I doubt it. Not as high on Jordan as most here. Would be happy with several guys. Let’s find a couple of diamonds today.

Archived