Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Someone snapped him up late last night.  I can't remember who but I saw it happen because the college game day crew ran a feature on him when he got picked.

Bummer.  Thanks SM.  

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just watched Jamar Johnson's game against Ohio State.    Very short sample but i like what I saw.   Finds himself in the mix of the action.  Playmaker.  Picks.  Bltizes well, too.  Looks really fluid.   Miss tackles in the run game. 

I could be wrong but I think we got our FS yesterday in the 3rd round.  The Minnesota CB reminds me of Tre Boston a little bit.  I think TE and RB are the players looked specifically at today and of course depth.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jefferson is a nice value proposition.  He's going to be like a seventh round pick I think, and he was productive this season and maybe could have gotten into some awards conversations if they played a long season.

I'm a Gainwell fan, but I think Hubbard is better than him.  Hubbard is kind of like Dyami Brown in that he's faster than he timed.  He's actually a pretty good track athlete who won some big competitions in the 100 M IIRC.  Can't remember exactly what they were, but I remember he was a high level sprinter.  But the main things to like about him are that he is a decisive zone runner with a smooth game and a ton of production.  He's a good fit for our offense.

Funk is interesting too because of his rare measurable.  But Hubbard is my favorite RB still left, and I think he's fair value in the fourth.

Someone snapped him up late last night.  I can't remember who but I saw it happen because the college game day crew ran a feature on him when he got picked.

For me its Carter and its not close.  I think his stop/go elusiness is special.  He can catch, too.   He's on the small side by plays bigger than his size including with pass blocking.  

I like Hubbard and took him on the board's mock draft.  I do like Gainwell more because of what he brings to the passing game.

I just took a look at my RBs rankings that I did awhile ago.   I think I am pretty much in the same place on these guys as I was then.

Funk is a gamer IMO.  A dude that I don't think anyone has talked about aside from me, in spite of my efforts to get company on him. :ols: unless I missed a post is Kene Nwangwu.  He's sort of more of a scat back type but he's explosive and a killer good returner IMO. 

Kylin Hill has been the biggest grower on me.  My pause on him he was suspended for a game for some outburst in the locker room -- so not sure if that speaks to character issues?

I'll see if I have time to rewatch Jemar Jefferson (running out of time) I watched him long ago.  Only thing I recall is i liked his elusivess -- he was slippery and brings some physicality if I recall but I wasn't blown away. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 11.33.12 AM.png

• Like 4

I would like to see us throw a 2022 3rd round pick plus our 5th rounder at a team in order to move up in the 4th to nab Carter from UNC.  Yes, I think he's that good and we need insurance behind Gibson.  

Edited by RWJ

I’m looking for safeties:

- FSU Hamsah Nasarideen, likely SS

- Ind Jamar Johnson, likely SS
- USC Talanoa Hufanga

i’d consider another Tackle for depth like:

~ UF Stone Forsythe

- OK Adrian Ealy

- Minn Daniel Faalele who at 6’8” 400lb would be a fun project. Go watch cut-ups of Rashod Batemen and watch RT Faalele just simply destroy edge defenders. He’s a converted rugby player so naturally I have a bias but I do think he could easily be a situational lineman especially near the goalline.  

I would love, Michael Carter, Brevin Jordan, Jabril Cox, Derrick Barnes, and any number of the WR's. I see Michael Carter, Cox and Jordan coming off the board before we pick. I can't believe there is still so much talent on the board. 

I really want more of what we've already been doing. Guys with elite traits and no character concerns. 

I don't like the talent enough at safety to be drawn to dip there in round 4 or 5. The draft didn't fall our way and that's ok. If Kaden Sterns or someone else is available in the 7th, fine. I like Sterns as a single high, but his injury history and his build are terrifying. He has that same genu valgus (knock knee) build and running style as RG3. I think he's another injury waiting to happen. 

Speaking of injuries, I can't help but wonder if Dylan Moses is off of people's boards and could go undrafted. I think there were rumors that his medicals were a catastrophe. 

Also, you'd have to think that every undrafted FS, LB and TE would want to sign here. Tons of talent around you, great coaching staff, not a daunting amount of talent in front of you. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me its Carter and its not close.  I think his stop/go elusiness is special.  He can catch, too.   He's on the small side by plays bigger than his size including with pass blocking.  

Maurice Jones-Drew on NFL.com loves Michael Carter and had him higher than teammate Javonte Williams. Said he runs better in the scrum and avoids taking big hits and that will prolong his career. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I could be wrong but I think we got our FS yesterday in the 3rd round.  The Minnesota CB reminds me of Tre Boston a little bit.  I think TE and RB are the players looked specifically at today and of course depth.

Could be.   The RBs/TEs to me are really tempting.  I got a bunch i like still.  There are IMO 4-5 TEs who are really close in ability with Jordan being the best one IMO.   If they are looking for a TE who can block really well the list though gets shorter:  Briley Moore, John Bates, Soehner, maybe Poljan.  I haven't really thought much about Poljan but if Keim is right and they love TEs who convert from other positions than he would fit that. 

I know we have a zillion receivers but I'd dump Cam, Gandy-Golden, Sims for Tylan Wallace, Shi Smith, Smith-Marsette among others in 2 seconds.

Shi Smith is also one of the late growers on me.  Rewatching the Senior Bowl which he was great in got me to rewatch him.  He's explosive.  If Sheehan is right and they like receivers with explosion than Shi fits that big time.   But we probably have enough there now at WR. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

don't like the talent enough at safety to be drawn to dip there in round 4 or 5.

I’d take a chance on FSU Hamsah Narideen. Before his 2019 injury, he was a stud. He was able to come back and play I think 2 games this past season. He’s a question mark for sure but could also be a replacement for Landon Collins this time next year if things work out. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hamsah-nasirildeen/32004e41-5363-5310-e2a7-39ad93df1412

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Maurice Jones-Drew on NFL.com loves Michael Carter and had him higher than teammate Javonte Williams. Said he runs better in the scrum and avoids taking big hits and that will prolong his career. 

I can see that considering that he's just about identical size to Carter.  For myself, I think J. Williams is the better back.  I think Najee, Etienne, Williams are going to be studs.

But I think Sermon and Carter at that next group have the potential to be really good.  And things drop off a peg after them at RB.  

But yeah Carter has been my guy so to speak from the context that I like him better than most.  But just like my other guy so to speak Elijah Moore (going early yesterday), I expect Carter to go early today so i am not going to get emotional about it unless he's there close to our pick. 

Carter's stop and go ability IMO is similar to Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore.  IMO those 3 are the elite guys as for stop and go and juking defenders.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can see that considering that he's just about identical size to Carter.  For myself, I think J. Williams is the better back.  I think Najee, Etienne, Williams are going to be studs.

But I think Sermon and Carter at that next group.  And both will be really good.  And things drop off a peg after them at RB.  

But yeah Carter has been my guy so to speak from the context that I like him better than most.  But just like my other guy so to speak Elijah Moore, I expect Carter to go early today so i am not going to get emotional about it unless he's there close to our pick. 

Carter's stop and go ability IMO is similar to Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore.  IMO those 3 are the elite guys as for stop and go and juking defenders.   

Only way I see us getting Carter and I'd love to see us do it (already posted this) is have RR send our 2022 3rd and 2021 5th to get Carter.  So people don't get confused.  We'd still keep our 2021 4th rounder.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As we get closer it keeps popping in my head that I want Kylin Hill more than any other back. I’d still love Carter though.

There seems major consensus here about Kylin Hill.  He's one of my favorite backs too.  I'd just would love to know why they suspended him for one game.  All I read about it was it was for an outburst.  So not sure if that was a one time thing or not.  In other words, don't know if there are character issues?

I know for Brevin Jordan I read somewhere he wasn't a good interview.  Whatever that means.  It's vague but considering he's dropping it makes me wonder.

Both players are among my favorites.  Should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As we get closer it keeps popping in my head that I want Kylin Hill more than any other back. I’d still love Carter though.

Well rounded, and therefore maybe the quickest to get up to speed to be able to back up Gibson... I think I’m with you.  

and there goes Carter