Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here’s how Americans rank the 50 states

Cooked Crack

13 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And no part of Virginia can match driving down PCH on a sunny weekend...

I agree and there is a lot to like and CA, but I will never live somewhere that has named fires. I lived in Moorpark next to Simi Valley. Truly loved the people and the golf (Tierra Rejada is still one of my top 5 golf courses I have ever played - since I have played in 17 countries and 38 states that I think says a little something 🙂).  But the named fires - especially the one that went up one side of our plant, and down the other, was enough for me. Moved back east a few months later. Also too far from family. Mom and Dad in their 80s. 

VA still has too much snow. I always thought I wanted to retire in NC. Lived there for 11 yrs but too much snow and cold weather and get away from the Research Triangle and it's Deliverance all over the place. But liked that area and could live there other than the weather. I lived in IN and all I can say is **** NO!  Thought about FL for a minute then decided like IN **** NO! People are bat**** crazy and I hate thunderstorms. 

I have decided on Savannah, GA in the end. GA has it's problems but Savannah is not one of them - nor Buckhead in Atl either for that matter. Very blue area with lots of culture and golf. And the weather is mostly good - better than anywhere north. A month or so it's a little chilly but mostly good. Bought a house that I will rent out until I retire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Finally I know EB's Extreme Skins handle.

EDIT:

And anyone who thinks any beaches in NC are "nice" beaches haven't traveled to many beaches.  Anyone saying anything along the east coast, north of southern Florida, in general is a nice beach hasn't traveled very far.

Only states I haven't been to beaches in are Alaska and Hawaii. 

I said the gulf coast has excellent beaches. I prefer the outer banks.

Now go back to playing SF Rush in your basement arcade. 🤪

41 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Why does SC hate Nebraska of all places?  Admittedly could be my color blindness kicking in but purple, who else is purple?

Ohio not Nebraska. 

Mostly due to all the rust belt folks that move down to these parts. So many Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan transplants here.

Edited by clietas
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I agree and there is a lot to like and CA, but I will never live somewhere that has named fires. I lived in Moorpark next to Simi Valley. Truly loved the people and the golf (Tierra Rejada is still one of my top 5 golf courses I have ever played - since I have played in 17 countries and 38 states that I think says a little something 🙂). 

I lived in Newbury Park and Simi Valley lol (as well as Redlands when I first moved out there). And Tierra Rejada was always just a street name to me (or an exit, can't remember). Didn't realize there was a golf course by that name as well.

• Like 1

Texas at #10 is bull****. I have spent many, many nights in: Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Seguin, Lubbock & Kerrville (probably a few other places I've washed from my memory). The only redeeming quality in that state is the brisket. The rest of that state is pure suck. Hot & humid with dust blowing through the air & a bunch of wannabe cowboys/girls.

It takes them about 20 seconds into your first conversation to hear "Everything's bigger in Texas". Yeah, Hoss, that little heifer you're sitting with sure looks hungry. Snatch those Shiner Bock's out of her hands & let her go outside to graze. 

Somebody paid money to get them in at #10. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

To add to the Va/Md debate, until Va stops ripping sooks out of the mud in Dec. and harvesting sooks that are in the process of laying eggs in the summer just for some soup, you ****ers are cannibals.  

WTF is a sook?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I lived in Newbury Park and Simi Valley lol (as well as Redlands when I first moved out there). And Tierra Rejada was always just a street name to me (or an exit, can't remember). Didn't realize there was a golf course by that name as well.

It's just before you cross the 23 going towards Moorpark. You can see The Ronald Reagan Library on one side of the course and look out of Moorpark on the other. On a clear day you can jsut about see to Thousand Oaks. Not a huge fan of him as a president obviously, but the library is worth going through. Lots of interesting history. 

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And it's more likely to occur in Orange County or SanBernardino County than out in the sticks.

Yep. Orange County is where the Nazi party leadership escaped to, not Brazil.

You don’t have to get too far from San Bernardino before you meet some real crazies in the high desert. It should be changed to West Nevada/Arizona. I worked with professional people there who were nuts.

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

My friend lives in Arizona, I showed him that list. He got super pissed about Nevada, maybe I should go check that place out.

it really makes no sense. arizona isn't great either, but at least they have spots like sedona that make up for the rest of the state. Nevada is literally just desert, Vegas, and Reno (2 of the worst cities in America)

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I've been all over California...never once saw a confederate flag. Not saying they don't exist in Cali, but it is (or was) most definitely not a state where you're likely to see one. California isn't really part of the South, so there's no real connection to the Confederacy for people to be proud of. The white supremacists in California will use propaganda moreso than Confederate symbolism. And it's more likely to occur in Orange County or SanBernardino County than out in the sticks.

same, ive lived all over CA as well and have never seen a confederate flag. that's why its so startling to me when i visit family in VA and see them as I drive south. not used to it anymore.

i lived in huntington beach for a little bit and people there are absolutely, overtly racist. but never a confederate flag

• Like 2

@Califan007 @goskins10

If you guys started name dropping other cities in the Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, Simi neighborhood you would hit my current city   Moved here after college to the Valley... SoCal has one of the best climates in the country.  

70 and sunny, for the most part.  A hop skip and a jump away from the beach.  People save their money up to vacation in my neck of the woods.  I never would have thought about moving here except for a job... but would not move back to NoVa.  

• Like 2

My best friend lives in Simi Valley on Erringer Rd. I go up there all the time. Definitely nice and quiet but there aren't enough places to go out to eat, not enough variety. Not all that diverse either. It's the burbs. Very pretty though, I love the mountains. Not that far from some nice beaches, much less crowded than LA. Him and his family are actually looking to move to Arizona cuz they can't afford a house out here. They don't make tons of money. 

Yeah our friends who used to live in San Diego moved back to NoVa last year.  Only reasons were because COL is ridic out there and all their family is back here.

But now we have no reason to go visit San Diego really.  I liked going out there but without having friends to visit, I wouldn't go out there.  I would come back every time looking for jobs out there but the jobs out there pay way less than the DMV and the COL is like double, so F that.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah our friends who used to live in San Diego moved back to NoVa last year.  Only reasons were because COL is ridic out there and all their family is back here.

But now we have no reason to go visit San Diego really.  I liked going out there but without having friends to visit, I wouldn't go out there.  I would come back every time looking for jobs out there but the jobs out there pay way less than the DMV and the COL is like double, so F that.

lived in San Diego for a few years, and its still my favorite place ive ever lived. best beaches in southern CA, amazing food and beer scene, perfect weather. but yeah your complaints about it are correct. home prices there are out of control, so its mostly older rich people that own them. so all the younger, less rich people mostly rent apartments downtown. then you have to go inland quite a bit if you want to buy without being a multi-millionaire. that's why i moved north and havent looked back. still love to visit San Diego though

Edited by mammajamma

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@Califan007 @goskins10

If you guys started name dropping other cities in the Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, Simi neighborhood you would hit my current city   Moved here after college to the Valley... SoCal has one of the best climates in the country.  

70 and sunny, for the most part.  A hop skip and a jump away from the beach.  People save their money up to vacation in my neck of the woods.  I never would have thought about moving here except for a job... but would not move back to NoVa.  

Agoura Hills? Camarillo? That one place near the temple whatever that city is called? lol...

2 hours ago, mammajamma said:

i lived in huntington beach for a little bit and people there are absolutely, overtly racist. but never a confederate flag

This is so ****ing true lol 😂...

Edited by Califan007

4 hours ago, China said:

WTF is a sook?

Female crab.  Here’s a picture of one during the egg bearing process.  That’s right, look at her and hear the cries of her offspring as you rip them from her......womb(?) for your frigging soup.  Ya bastahds

5B610CAA-4318-4CD3-95EE-D1E40079B9FB.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Nevada at 4 is hilarious. That place is a ****hole. Vegas and Reno are 2 of the trashiest cities in the country

You do realize there's more to do in Nevada then Vegas and Reno right?

Some great National Parks there.

• Like 1