Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here’s how Americans rank the 50 states

Cooked Crack

48 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's probably because people equate it with politics. Can't tell me states like Nebraska or West Virginia is better.

I've not spent much time in WVA and I've never been to Nebraska.  But having spent a considerable amount of time in DC I can tell you I'd rather check out Nebraska and WVA before doing anything in DC.  

I'm sure that has everything to do with the fact that the older I get, the more I want to get the hell away from everyone and are less and less concerned with what cool restaurant just opened and whatever neighborhood is considered hip and trendy.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Maryland way too high. Should be down by alabama

virginia is a pretty nice place to live. Outside of cost of living in NOVA it’s a petty legit state. Damn near everything you could ask for within a pretty short drive

the humidity sucks I suppose and out beaches aren’t all that great. But when you have a little bit of everything it can’t all be great 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@Spaceman Spiff not a museum person either. 

Perhaps Nebraska can interest you with some nice corn. 

Oooooo, PB with the museum takedown!  Didn't see that one coming!

You know why it's called the Nation's Attic?  Because just like an attic in a real house, it's hot as **** and no one wants to go there.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oooooo, PB with the museum takedown!  Didn't see that one coming!

You know why it's called the Nation's Attic?  Because just like an attic in a real house, it's hot as **** and no one wants to go there.

Who calls DC the Nation's Attic?  Sounds like some real Nebraska **** right there. 

• Haha 5

Real history.

1492, Columbus?  Lands in the VI.  Literally everybody dies from hurricanes, malaria, Syphillis, humidity and...humidity.

1620, Mayflower?  Lands in Massachusetts.  Literally froze to death before they could starve to death while trying to eat their shoes.

Virginia 1670+?  They wrote books about trout jumping into the their boats and oysters as big as their fist and hemp plants 10 feet tall.

For people from Europe, in the 17th century, Virginia was essentially the Garden of Eden.*

*disclaimer: They still froze to death every winter for a few years.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

When I see rankings like this it just goes to show how little people (in general) actually travel outside of their own suburb/county/city/state so they end up developing opinions about other places based on any headine news or stereotypes:

California = Los Angeles

Florida = beaches

The South = rednecks

Midwest = farmers

etc etc etc.....

I know financial means can come into play, but for your own peace of mind and experience, pack up the car and go somewhere once in awhile

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've not spent much time in WVA and I've never been to Nebraska.  But having spent a considerable amount of time in DC I can tell you I'd rather check out Nebraska and WVA before doing anything in DC.  

What if you wanna smoke crack or bang a toothless hooker? Can't do that in Nebraska.

I seriously love VA, the bluer it gets, the better it gets.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Who calls DC the Nation's Attic?  Sounds like some real Nebraska **** right there. 

C'mon, Peeb, you're the man about town.  You should know that.

It's actually what some people call the Smithsonian but it's also applied to DC as well.

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

What if you wanna smoke crack or bang a toothless hooker? Can't do that in Nebraska.

I seriously love VA, the bluer it gets, the better it gets.

Nebraska certainly seems more like a meth/heroin place.  I dunno if any mayors in Nebraska have been doing crack though.