Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim has referenced trading down.  If its Olave, I am doubting they got to take him at 11, you can probably get him in the 17-22 range in the first. 

GB pick 22 and 28 with a major need at WR, that would be a concern. 

Edited by Est.1974

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My concern now is you can’t get cute IF he’s your guy. Both GB and KC now have 2 1’s and 2 2’s to move up for anyone they want between, well let’s just say 11 and 22. 

Well throw in Philly has 3 picks in that range too. Difficult to gauge a trade back. PITT looks the spot.

3 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I think you guys are very optimistic about we could expect to get in a trade down with KC.

KC has jumped the board before. Granted for a QB. How about the let Mathieu walk and jump right up for Hamilton? Add WRs day 2 ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

GB pick 22 and 28 with a major need at WR, that would be a concern. 

I didn't mention trading down that far back.  I like Olave but 11 feels a bit rich to me for him.  

IMO you'll likely have London and Wilson going first among the receivers.  That next tier IMO is Olave and Burks.  Williams i think is the wild card because of his injury -- judging by what Miami just gave for Tyreek Hill, it feels like a player with Williams kind of skills might go higher than some expect.  The Jets chased the Hill trade too.  So I am guessing they might go WR at 10.   

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't mention trading down that far back.  I like Olave but 11 feels a bit rich to me for him.  

IMO you'll likely have London and Wilson going first among the receivers.  That next tier IMO is Olave and Burks.  Williams i think is the wild card because of his injury -- judging by what Miami just gave for Tyreek Hill, it feels like a player with Williams kind of skills might go higher than some expect.  The Jets chased the Hill trade too.  So I am guessing they might go WR at 10.   

I know you didn’t. GB may move up though.

I agree on Williams. A team will multiple firsts is going to take a shot at him. 

13 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Olave's cool. Doesn't trash talk or worry about being noticed for anything other than just playing good football.

I've been eyeing Olave for a couple years now, so I am a bit biased. I also have a thing for OSU WRs ... they tend to be incredibly good and out-perform their draft position.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

There are 11 former Buckeyes set to participate including running back Master Teague; wide receivers Chris Booker, Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson; offensive linemen Thayer Munford and Nicholas Petit-Frere; tight end Jeremy Ruckert; defensive end Tyreke Smith; defensive tackles Haskell Garrett and Antwuan Jackson; and cornerback Demario McCall.

5 minutes ago, Blanka said:

I know according to mocks it could be a reach but Olave strikes me as a guy scouts/execs are higher on than media.

I wouldn’t rule him out at 11

Yeah it’s around this time that the mocks start reflecting a bit more closely what the real scouts and GMs think. You see guys like London and Burks falling down to the 20’s and Olave and Wilson climbing up the boards. I’ve seen Wilson go Top 8 in so many mocks lately I just assume he’s WR1 on most boards. Olave could start creeping up as well. 

Seems to me like it’s quite clear we have almost no pull in free agency at the minute. The rich keep getting richer of the lesser teams, like the Jags for example, simply blow their wad on anything. We don’t appear willing to do that.

Makes the draft more critical to us. Now that the QB trade is done, I’m not sure how we justify sitting at #11 with only 1,2,4,6,7,7. We’re gonna have to trade back to add a couple more picks in rounds 2-5 range to bolster those selections out. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

So London can literally only play on the left side? Sounds like Dyami Brown part 2.

That's basically where they played him.  so he didn't really have a chance to work the right side.  I mentioned that before I even saw that chart.  It was hard to miss.  But I don't think that precludes him playing Z or Y.  But yeah he was almost always playing X on the left side in the games I watched.   They didn't really move him around and when they put him in slot what I saw it was still on the left side.