Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

They have 11 draft picks though including 2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 3rd and 2 4ths

Again, the Chiefs and Packers are now perfect trade partners to move up to #11. At least Wilson or London should be there. Given that all 1sts involved are late 1sts, it would take a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd, which would give us 4 top 100 picks

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure I agree with Orlovsky’s specific comparisons. Wilson isn’t a Julio in size for example.  But I agree with his point that they are good 

Just rewatched some cut ups of those receivers. Personally prefer the 2 Ohio State prospects over London.

Olave, he just looks so natural. Crisp routes, smooth, fluid runner. Makes the catches look easy. Great anticipation. Field awareness. Where his feet are landing. Drives into another gear after catch. 

I really wasn’t too keen on WR at #11. He’s a damn good player though. Better than that I’d say. The other are too in all fairness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not drafting DL again. Its just a poor usage of resources unless you're guaranteeing me the guy is Aaron Donald or Reggie White.

Reg. DB, I'd sprint to the podium for Hamilton or Gardner. Stingley I'm not sure about, the injury history scares me.

I like the 2019 Stingley a lot. The 2021? Not so much. And that is the rub with the guy. A lot of mocks I have been seeing make it seem like there will be no trade down possibility at 11. No one to move up for. If that is the case I am taking the best WR left. 

London ain't Keyshaun. Keyshaun went number 1 overall. London's best case scenario would be Mike Evans. But I think its more likely he ends up like an Alshon Jeffrey type. His floor though is terrible, he could be Josh Doctson bad.

I like Olave a lot. He just looks like Justin Jefferson. Fast but also smooth and unassuming. Him and McLaurin as a duo for the next decade is something that this fan base can get behind, they wouldn't be malcontent pests like Garcon/Jackson were.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

London ain't Keyshaun. Keyshaun went number 1 overall. London's best case scenario would be Mike Evans. But I think its more likely he ends up like an Alshon Jeffrey type. His floor though is terrible, he could be Josh Doctson bad.

I like Olave a lot. He just looks like Justin Jefferson. Fast but also smooth and unassuming. Him and McLaurin as a duo for the next decade is something that this fan base can get behind, they wouldn't be malcontent pests like Garcon/Jackson were.

I disagree. I think London is the best big body WR in the draft. By a LONG ways. In fact I have never seen a big man WR in college with better hands than that guy has. He is a long strider for sure. But he has elite athleticism. He gets knocked for not getting open. But that is total BS. His QB was incapable of throwing him open. The guy is a mauler. And looks to lay the lumber after the catch as well. He actually reminds me of Plaxico a lot.

CF48A461-C393-4C2B-9F08-858ABBD0B186.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

4F8BA957-2763-42D7-8144-774E88078BE7.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

6'5 220? With this kind of juice?

88187AED-E475-44E1-8C63-954CC6B7F2CF.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, evmiii said:

If Stingley tests out at his pro day I think his upside is the highest of all the DBs.  His health is a bit scary, but that’s the only thing that will let him slip to 11.

Stingley is IMO one of those enormous boom or bust players. There's no doubting his natural talent but most of what everyone is basing his draft stock on his is freshman year. Over the last 2 seasons he's played in a total of 10 games with 0 interceptions and only 5 passes defended. 

His injury history is really worrying. Not just because he was injured but because of the type. Lisfranc injuries are pretty serious and can really rob a person of explosiveness and agility...two things that are pretty essential for a CB. There's no way to know if he'll ever be the same guy he appeared to be his freshman year. If I had to choose, I'd probably pass and go with Gardner. 

• Like 1

Breh those highlights are against San Jose State, Utah, and an 0-7 Arizona team lolol. 

Josh Doctson has college highlights too.

Just now, mistertim said:

Stingley is IMO one of those enormous boom or bust players. There's no doubting his natural talent but most of what everyone is basing his draft stock on his is freshman year. Over the last 2 seasons he's played in a total of 10 games with 0 interceptions and only 5 passes defended. 

His injury history is really worrying. Not just because he was injured but because of the type. Lisfranc injuries are pretty serious and can really rob a person of explosiveness and agility...two things that are pretty essential for a CB. There's no way to know if he'll ever be the same guy he appeared to be his freshman year. If I had to choose, I'd probably pass and go with Gardner. 

Agreed I'm not taking Stingley unless we trade down to like 20 or even farther. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Breh those highlights are against San Jose State, Utah, and an 0-7 Arizona team lolol. 

Josh Doctson has college highlights too.

Agreed I'm not taking Stingley unless we trade down to like 20 or even farther. 

Yeah I think someone will take a chance on Stingly in the top half of the 1st...I just don't really think I want it to be us. Gardner is a proven lockdown corner with speed, size and physicality, so it's not like we'd be settling for an inferior talent.

As far as London, I think he's a good prospect but yeah I wouldn't compare him to any NFL greats at this point. Good size and speed, decent route runner but not great. Not sure I'd take him at 11 though. Maybe if we traded down.

And yeah that Arizona defense was horrid. I actually remember watching some of that Arizona vs USC game and internally commenting on how terrible Arizona's players seemed to be at tackling. It was like they'd never done it before.

27 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I disagree. I think London is the best big body WR in the draft. By a LONG ways. In fact I have never seen a big man WR in college with better hands than that guy has. He is a long strider for sure. But he has elite athleticism. He gets knocked for not getting open. But that is total BS. His QB was incapable of throwing him open. The guy is a mauler. And looks to lay the lumber after the catch as well. He actually reminds me of Plaxico a lot.

CF48A461-C393-4C2B-9F08-858ABBD0B186.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

4F8BA957-2763-42D7-8144-774E88078BE7.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

6'5 220? With this kind of juice?

88187AED-E475-44E1-8C63-954CC6B7F2CF.gif?resize=480%2C270&ssl=1

If we stay at 11 and Malik Wilson isn't there but London is...

I want Drake "BigDaddyLongSnake" London!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Gardner will probably be gone by 11. Texans have pick 13 I was reading they want Stingley possible trade down with minn at 12.

What a haul they could get with a double trade down!

Trading down to 12 or 13, then again to within 17...perfect!

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder which we prefer. Garrett Wilson plays big and could be the kind of go up and get it guy that Wentz likes. Olave is so polished. 

One thing that McLaurin talked about was that he felt comfortable playing against press coverage as a rookie because Ohio State practices against press coverage every practice. Drake London also was great against press coverage FWIW. 

31 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

What a haul they could get with a double trade down!

Trading down to 12 or 13, then again to within 17...perfect!

Who are other teams going to trade up for? The same issues we see on tape with players they see. No one is trading to 11 unless someone falls out of the top 5 for some reason. We are going to be picking a player. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Who are other teams going to trade up for? The same issues we see on tape with players they see. No one is trading to 11 unless someone falls out of the top 5 for some reason. We are going to be picking a player. 

I could see the Ravens wanting to move up to 11 to leap frog the Vikings at 12 for Linderbaum. Both teams need OL help bad. 

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

And? You can only play who is front of you. He only played one ranked team this year, ND. And he had 15 catches for 171 yards in that game. Against a top 5 safety in the draft. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder which we prefer. Garrett Wilson plays big and could be the kind of go up and get it guy that Wentz likes. Olave is so polished. 

One thing that McLaurin talked about was that he felt comfortable playing against press coverage as a rookie because Ohio State practices against press coverage every practice. Drake London also was great against press coverage FWIW. 

There's a rumor our staff looked giddier when talking to Olave at that pro-day.