Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think teams are going to try and jump Seattle who has the 8th pick in the second round, if I’m not mistaken.  You’d have to think that would be a good spot to draft Willis. 

And watch the Giants.  They didn’t pick up Jones’ option and they pick 4th tonight.

The Steelers got their guy by just staying put.

Carolina is totally screwed because they don’t pick again until the 4th.

I could see the Saints, Colts and Falcons all be interested in a QB in the second who could sit for a year or two.  And they’d most likely have to at least jump Seattle, maybe the Giants.   

Giants may want a RB to replace Barkley with his injuries of late.  

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Howell and Willis have starter upside. But I’m not sure using a 2 on QB the year before a great QB class is wise. Having said that… if they think they are going to get a fair shake and pull the trigger I understand. But it needs to work.

Having also said that, there’s a chance next years class isn’t what everyone thinks it’s going to be. It’ll have at least 1 top end talent, likely 2

Graham Mertz maybe as well?

But outside of that are we sure Rattler is a high end guy? Kedon Slovis sure as heck isn’t. Can Ward? DJ Ukelele?

So if that class isn’t as loaded and everyone is saving ammo now WOULD be the time to strike.

I could see Howell or Willis at 47 but I would be happier if they filled many of the other needs. I feel like a QB in the 1st or 2nd could go bad with Wentz...who we know is a little sensitive.

They really do need to go QB at some point though and as you have seen, I have made it clear I think they like Strong for various reasons and he should be had in the late 3rd or 4th.

I could see them being interested in Zappe also, he has thrown up incredible numbers and would be a good pro....but I don't think he is ever a true starter.  There are a few 7th rounders they could grab to just have to figure they too will not be starter quality...that's why I think Strong is the guy probably late 3rd so they insure they get him 

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Greg Dulcich needs to be the 3rd rd pick for us tonight. Dude is a baller.

He’s a big play machine. Reminds me of Kittle. Think he gets picked between our picks. If he’s there at our 3rd of course make it happen, I just think he gets scooped before then. Hoping we do scoop him though somehow somewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

He’s a big play machine. Reminds me of Kittle. Think he gets picked between our picks. If he’s there at our 3rd of course make it happen, I just think he gets scooped before then. Hoping we do scoop him though somehow somewhere. 

Really digging the Dulcich love in the 3rd!

For those in the camp that want a TE to be drafted this weekend, keep an eye on James Mitchell from Va Tech on Saturday. My son played against James in high school. I was able to meet this kid and his family, and got to know them a bit. If he stays healthy, he will become a productive player in the NFL. Super smart, super hard worker, good athleticism.

https://ontapsportsnet.com/2022/04/25/the-other-guys-james-mitchell-draft-profile-2022-nfl-draft-prospects/

EDIT: He came from the same high school that produced Thomas and Julius Jones. Very small, rural area, but lives and breathes football. The area has produced a few professional athletes.

Edited by skinzdar55
Added info
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm completely okay with taking a quarterback tonite, folks,  I hope you are, too.

I’m on the fence. Just going to come down to the board for me. But I’m not against it. We can’t roll with Heinicke as QB2

• Like 2