Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s not even close imo. Brisker isn’t very good.

He’s OK but I’ll grant that we don’t have access to all of their games. Matt Bowen who I think does killer film reviews and played safety and he loves Brisker. So I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that I might not have seen his best games. But to my eyes for the games I’ve watched I definitely prefer Pitre. 

26 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I remain surprised so many didn't want 1 of the top 11 consensus studs in this draft. Good or bad only time will tell especially what we do with those 2 ~early 4th rounders we got.

For myself it's not that I didn't want one of those players. It's a very deep draft. We only had 3 picks in the top 120. We now have 5. That's a huge difference. Drafting is more about numbers than individual picks once you get outside the top 3 to 5. You could argue it was a little deeper at the top this year, but were players 5 - 11 all capable of being the #1-3 picks? Are they that good? 

I like picking up the extra draft picks this year. Makes up for the 3rd in the Wentz trade and an additional 4th. Going from 3 players in the top 120 picks to 5 is not a minor deal. It's pretty big, especially in such a deep draft. Let's see what they do with them. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1