Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We also have Cam Sims, who they like, who has size.   They have said they want to get him more involved.

I'm not necessarily worried about size though.  Remember when Andy Reid drafted and signed a whole bunch of short fast WRs (DJax was one, I don't really remember who else, but there were a bunch) and they terrorized everybody because 1) Reid is a genius and knew how to use them and 2) the defense was forced to cover every blade of grass on every play?

In theory, we have a very similar makeup now.  

I’d be a bit more excited if we didn’t have Scot turner running the offense 😂

Based on everything I have seen or read the WRs were separated into the top 6, and then the rest.  Dotson was the #6.  He will be just fine.  His projections are right up there with Olave.  He will be a starter on Day 1.  Not very big, but very fast and catches the ball and can run all the routes and stretch the defense.  If we get a good player in the 3rd it is definitely worth it.

• Like 1

I'll say this as a Penn State guy, I think some of you will be pleasantly surprised.  The only thing Dotson is missing is he isn't 6'3".  He's fast, runs good routes, great hands, did not disappear in big games.

His numbers would have been astronomical if Penn State had consistent QB play.  Give him 1-2 years and see if your mind isn't changed.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Yeah that’s my worry is that they are either giving up on our 3rd last year already, have the willingness to let terry go or Samuel isn’t going to cut it.  If there’s any of the above that’s not great  and May be an ok pick but if none of the above then it’s a bad pick for what other needs were

You need weapons in today's NFL and lots of them. As I've said many times the Bucs had Godwin and Evans and STILL signed AB and Gronk.

McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, Brown, Gibson. Speed kills. Make em cover every blade of grass.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So, this isn't the first time that Baltimore snatched the guy I wanted right before we picked. Never trust Baltimore. 

As to the pick, sounds like he has ever thing you want but size. Given the modern NFL and it's rules, I think speed and elusiveness matter more than height. Don't know enough about the college game to know if he is a great pick or not, but we did need a punt returner and Rivera clearly wanted a weapon for Wentz. If I had any qualm about the pick it might be that it feels a bit like a need pick vs. a BPA pick. On the other hand, the analysts on TV were gushing about this pick more than a bunch of the picks that went before him. So, there must be a lot to like around him.

Just now, Vanguard said:

If they were taking a receiver all along, why wouldn’t they go for Wilson or Williams, they were still on the board at 12.  Stop defending them for making stupid decisions.

Wilson was not and Williams could be complicated with the medical. But if that checked out and we didn’t take him that is disappointing.

But let’s not take out our FO frustrations on Jahan.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Kinda reminds me of last years Jamin Davis pick. Not real exciting.   Hopeful it works out.   

He is far more exciting than a LB that cant read anything on the field. Dotson might bust. But his tape is FAR better than Davis' was coming out. 

• Like 2

I would feel better if we had rolled the dice on Sam Howell. A tough guy that takes things personally. Played hurt for his team in their bowl game this past year while guys like Pickett thought only of themselves.

Edited by wolfsire

Steelers just stole the best QB in the draft. And a top ten player on my board. **** isnt fair. They lose Big Ben to retirement and replace him with QB in the next draft. This is what good organizations do. He will play well this year. You can quote me on that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

We still needed more mid round picks....remember we lost a 3rd this year....

We are already moving on from our 3rd round pick from last year, I dont think this FO deserves the benefit of the doubt like they seem to get. They've made a lot of questionable decisions so far. 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It really isn't that complicated, you can have two WRs on large contracts. Just don't pay other mediocre players like Daron Payne a second contract. 

You really can't have two WR's on $25M+ contract, no. The cap hasn't blown up to THAT degree yet 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

You need weapons in today's NFL and lots of them. As I've said many times the Bucs had Godwin and Evans and STILL signed AB and Gronk.

McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, Brown, Gibson. Speed kills. Make em cover every blade of grass.

I get that but you’ve got to be able to stop others doing the same as well where backend help would have helped more imo.

im now more confused at your thoughts on this pick though 😂