Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

Sorry everyone, last night was a mess.  Just got caught up on my big board and removed names that had been selected.  Pick will be in within the next 5-10 minutes.

I'll edit it into this message:

Edit: With the 147th pick in the 5th Rd the Houston Texans select Offensive Guard David Moore, Grambling

After witnessing every single person remaining fly off the Texan's big board during the 4th round, we may have over drafted value slightly but feel Moore is the best remaining project to protect our franchise qb.

Edited by thelongestbreath
  • Like 7

Just now, goskins10 said:

With the 148th pick the Atlanta Falcons select Patrick Johnson, EDGE Tulane - Need to keep reworking the defense. Solid hard hitting versatile S. Should at least provide depth and could develop into a starter with some good coaching. 

image.png.45f90ff18dd14f5b42ca2a062e537ed2.png

@WelshSkinsFan and the bengals are on the clock. 

I like this guy, he was on my short list for 152.  Versatile, can play edge in 3-4, strong, athletic and smart.  Seems like a guy that will be in the league for awhile.

• Like 3

With the 149th pick in the draft the soon to be World Champion Cincinnati Bengals select, Simi Fehoko, WR Stanford.

It's time to add more weapons for Joe and Simi has tremendous upside and the ability to make circus catches with the strength to hold off defenders and make contested catches along with great height and speed.  A small sample size from college due to a 2 year Church mission and then a COVID interrupted season have seen him fly under the radar but with the right coaching he can develop into a true WR1.  For an idea of his ability check the tape of his breakout game against UCLA last year.

2021 Rookie Profile: Simi Fehoko - Wide Receiver | Dynasty Nerds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats a steal for Tyler Shelvin. He was my last top 75 player left on my board. 

26 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Sure is and Tyler was one of the guys I missed on my board. He'd be perfect for the Titans woeful run defense.

Yeah, I really like him. He was my next pick. Lol I'm not sure if I will even have any names left on my board by the time we reach my next pick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, thelongestbreath said:

Sorry everyone, last night was a mess.  Just got caught up on my big board and removed names that had been selected.  Pick will be in within the next 5-10 minutes.

I'll edit it into this message:

Edit: With the 147th pick in the 5th Rd the Houston Texans select Offensive Guard David Moore, Grambling

After witnessing every single person remaining fly off the Texan's big board during the 4th round, we may have over drafted value slightly but feel Moore is the best remaining project to protect our franchise qb.

I actually flipped a coin between him and D’ante

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duffy said:

Yeah, I really like him. He was my next pick. Lol I'm not sure if I will even have any names left on my board by the time we reach my next pick. 

Me either! My board has been pretty much obliterated and now have a few sticky notes with some names in its place :). I have to stop underestimating my fellow GM's draft acumen. It bites me in the butt every year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Me either! My board has been pretty much obliterated and now have a few sticky notes with some names in its place :). I have to stop underestimating my fellow GM's draft acumen. It bites me in the butt every year.

I think next year I am going to really make an attempt at building a draft board.  I am curious how many members participating in the mock actually made one?

3 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I think next year I am going to really make an attempt at building a draft board.  I am curious how many members participating in the mock actually made one?

Good poll question perhaps :) I just use Excel but it does make the process easier.

18 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I print out a list, I usually just choose one that has at least 250 prospects and is easy to print.   I use that to cross names off, but then I cross reference with sites on the web that I trust their analysis better (just that their lists aren't as easy to print).  I usually only form a "board" for my first rounder, and then when each of my picks approaches I rank a few guys and create a mini board for my selection. 

I give ppl a lot of credit who watch film and actually create a big board on their own.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I have a list of my top 100 players. Then I have extra lists at each position with my top 10 players not on my big board. That is how I do it. I am sure I miss a lot of players that way. But I dont have time to watch film on 250 guys. :)

The other thing that has changed for me over the years is the way I watch film. I used to concentrate on one player say a QB and watch an entire game. Now I watch each play and see what everyone is doing on the field. For example I was watching some more of Mond  yesterday and watched Jalen Wydermyer and some other players I wont list because they havent been picked yet at the same time. Really cuts down the amount of tape I have to watch. And now I know Wydermyer is a guy I want to really watch next season. He is a special player. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I print out a list, I usually just choose one that has at least 250 prospects and is easy to print.   I use that to cross names off, but then I cross reference with sites on the web that I trust their analysis better (just that their lists aren't as easy to print).  I usually only form a "board" for my first rounder, and then when each of my picks approaches I rank a few guys and create a mini board for my selection. 

I give ppl a lot of credit who watch film and actually create a big board on their own.  

I do pretty much the same except I try to get the top 350.  I look at the top 100 to 125 pretty closely and rearrange as I see it. .  Then I build the lower half by who will be left when I pick and take a casual look.  If I see someone I really like I will watch video   

I do not have time to truly start from scratch and build a board.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

I don't do a full board, but I have a ranking system of 4-5 guys at most important position of needs for the team per round and an overall group of other players not at need positions that I'd target later. QB is always an exception and sometimes if someone falls or you like someone so much there you have to bypass draft projections.

• Like 2

With the 152nd pick, the Broncos take Joshuah Bledsoe, S, Missouri.  

Broncos like the value they are getting with this pick.  Bledsoe can be the heir apparent to kareem jackson at SS and team up with Justin simmons for the foreseeable future.  At the very least, he provides solid depth as a box safety who has had a lot of success in man coverage in the slot and is a willing defender in run support.   Also can contribute on teams.

@Ball Security, you're up.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 3