Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If it makes you feel any better 2 of them were on my shortlist too ...  🙂   And the Jets - who sent me their short list, so I even posted their pick - took one of my primary targets the pick just before me who looked like he was making it to me - thought he was going under the radar. 

This year has been brutal. It's amazing how similar everyone's boards are. 

Those players, and Ben Cleveland, were next for me as well.  Tough year drafting, but fun!   

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I was surprised Ben Cleveland was available. While not a steal there, I thought maybe there were injury concerns or something. He's a heck of a OG.

I think he ends up going in the third round. The guy is a road grader. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Those players, and Ben Cleveland, were next for me as well.  Tough year drafting, but fun!   

I think most of us are using PFF and some collateral stuff like on Davis along with team information.  Next year if I am doing this I will prepare with more detail.

p.s. I am a criminal defense attorney and do everything from death penalty to disorderly.  (No, I have not been assigned to Donald Trump, yet).  I am in Montana so at any time I might be called to do an initial appearance on a homicide case, or do a involuntary commit or a youth case up to 135 miles away from my office.  If I leave, this computer and site might be still on so, it might appear I am on when i am gone.  I will keep passing my list along and if I do not respond in 15 minutes it is fine to pick for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I think most of us are using PFF and some collateral stuff like on Davis along with team information.  Next year if I am doing this I will prepare with more detail.

p.s. I am a criminal defense attorney and do everything from death penalty to disorderly.  (No, I have not been assigned to Donald Trump, yet).  I am in Montana so at any time I might be called to do an initial appearance on a homicide case, or do a involuntary commit or a youth case up to 135 miles away from my office.  If I leave, this computer and site might be still on so, it might appear I am on when i am gone.  I will keep passing my list along and if I do not respond in 15 minutes it is fine to pick for me.

Disregard. I am not going to bring politics into this draft thread. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Disregard. I am not going to bring politics into this draft thread. 

feel free to substitute any name you want, Clinton, Putin, Biden, the "Three Stooges", Goucho Marx; It was not a political statement; It was a joke.

43 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

It was a joke.

Actually @clskinsfan is right. I know your comment was not meant to inspire a political discussion. It was an innocent joke. However, given the current climate anything close to a political reference will start a back and forth. And the one thing held very tight in the Stadium is zero political discussion. 

I am not a mod or anything like that - just another poster. But I am asking that we keep the political references out of here. Many of us find this a refreshing refuge from the political discourse. And it will draw the mods attention eventually and is an easy way to get an unplanned vacation from the board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@klwilkins1977 and the Saints are on the clock

@PartyPosse and the Vikings are on deck

@PokerPacker and the Packers soon

@Riggo'sRangers and the Chiefs soon

@mcterry and the TB Bucs soon

@Owls0325 and the Jags soon

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

You came in late without knowing you were going to do this. So the amount of preparation you have been able to do is pretty awesome. Thanks again for stepping in on short notice! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I do not actually.  I use a lot of resources but honestly PFF is not one of them. I am too cheap to pay for the service .. LOL  

I do it based on my eyes. But I am a bit more into the draft than any normal human. I am strange. And overly involved :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, we are past the halfway point! 132 out of 259 picks! Some mid-draft stats just for fun: 

We are a little behind last years pace - through 6 days last year we were ast 139 and finished that Friday with 156, So we have our work cut out for us. 

So far guys have been selected from 57 different schools! Here are the schools with 3 or more picks: 

image.png.67d22954bece5e080d9222e83a2708b0.png

Here is the position count: 

image.png.602aa5519eda29b71d285325c3acbd0f.png

• Like 4

With the 133rd pick of the ES Draft, the Saints select, Tony Poljan, TE, Virginia.  

A stretch, but our next pick may not happen until around the next Summer Olympics...

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

C'mon Saints. Time is money.

Let me savor the spotlight since the NFL has deemed our face mask mistakes as a reason to pilfer our picks...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I do it based on my eyes. But I am a bit more into the draft than any normal human. I am strange. And overly involved :ols:

I kind make up my own list.  Happily, it has followed other esteemed members thoughts.  Hell, I'm a football junkie for 50+ years so I should get "it" simply by the process of osmosis! 

• Haha 2