Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon CEO

spjunkies

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Once you are worth $100 billion, it doesn't seem right to have a day job.  

That's what I respect so much about him - he never let that drive him away from innovating and taking tech to the next level.  And his ex got half so only like $50B

Just now, steve09ru said:

That's what I respect so much about him - he never let that drive him away from innovating and taking tech to the next level.  And his ex got half so only like $50B

McKenzie got nowhere near half and, according to Business Insider, as of January 12, 2021, Jeff is worth $181.7 billion

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

McKenzie got nowhere near half and, according to Business Insider, as of January 12, 2021, Jeff is worth $181.7 billion

More of a joke about working with even multiple bllion.  But hadn't checked recent - knew she was ~40B but looked it up and she only ended up getting 4% of Amazon, thought she got more.  

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

More of a joke about working with even multiple bllion.  But hadn't checked recent - knew she was ~40B but looked it up and she only ended up getting 4% of Amazon, thought she got more.  

Gotcha.  :cheers:

Yea, I believe McKenzie got $35 billion from the divorce and has a total net worth now of like $60 billion, so she's doing alright.  Last year she gave away $6 billion. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Gotcha.  :cheers:

Yea, I believe McKenzie got $35 billion from the divorce and has a total net worth now of like $60 billion, so she's doing alright.  Last year she gave away $6 billion. 

I wish I could give away that much - if anyone wants to give me 10 billions I promise I'll give away half

Jeff Bezos is a hero for anti-social dip****s like me who just wants to sit at home and be around no one else. 

Pandemic+Amazon really made me appreciate that physical retail is a huge waste of my time and shopping in my undies right before falling asleep kicks ass.

dont think hes "taking a step back" or retiring,etc. if anything, he said hes about to start working even harder. looks like he's just done everything he can do with amazon, and wants to spend most of his time with blue origin (now that he's seen how much money spacex can make). hopefully there he can finally figure out how to give his workers a decent wage and health insurance for once

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I have no idea what I'd do if I had 200billion. Probably nothing healthy, like moonlighting as a crime fighter.

I'd try to build StarTram.  Make SpaceX and Blue Origin look like chumps.

Even it it doesn't work, I'd still have roughly $100 billion left over. 

Archived