Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Bezos steps down as Amazon CEO

spjunkies

16 hours ago, bearrock said:

Can he take over WFT too?

3 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

Can his next endeavor be taking over a franchise that is in Ashburn with a particular stadium that sits in Raljon, MD currently? Asking for a bunch of WFT fans. 

The Washington Amazons

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bezos follows 1 person in Twitter. 

His ex-wife. Not sure why I find that interesting oter than most marriage cheaters don't get to stay friends with people they wronged. 

the person wronged usually doesn’t end up with 50 billion dollars. My wife could cheat on me with my dad and I’d still be her friend for that kind of money 

57 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, did you see the image of the proposed design for one of the buildings at Amazon's Crystal City, Virginia headquarters campus?

Kinda cool looking. IMO:

amazon-helix-headquarters-arlington-virg

NDK725YA4RAJDHTWGPBRRZFFVY.jpg&w=1200

Other images of the proposed campus, with descriptions, here:

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/amazon-nbbj-helix-arlington-virginia-headquarters-02-02-2021/

Looks cool.  I've seen similar designs proposed for "future cities" whereby agriculture was located closer to population centers by spiral structured skyscrapers like that. I think they were called something like "arcologies"  

50 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

i am curious how much actual workable space you get inside that building, relative to a boring glass box in that footprint

From the description, there will be few actual offices in that building.  Most actual offices are in the three other more traditional looking buildings on the campus. 

"Amazon officials said the structure is intended to be an alternative workspace, not a traditional office building, where employees would be able to air out ideas and find downtime beyond their cubicles."

The helix building will host local "artists in residence," and will be open some weekends for tours for the public.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/02/02/amazon-arlingon-headquarters-helix/

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

More hookers and blow.

Let's say you got a $10k / night hooker which is probably about the highest end you can get.  Heck lets give you five $10k / night  high end hookers = $50k/day.

Cocaine costs about $150 /g even for very pure cocaine. https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-does-cocaine-cost-in-the-us-2016-10 .  A single gram is about 20 hits, so even if you were doing that you're talking about a habit that maybe costs you $3k/day.   I think that would be impossible to sustain without dying, but let's say you're like a super Rick James and can do it.

$53k/day * 365 days/year is rougly $20 million per year, for $1 billion that you means you can easily sustain that for 50 years (you'll probably die well before then),  

10 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Let's say you got a $10k / night hooker which is probably about the highest end you can get.  Heck lets give you five $10k / night  high end hookers = $50k/day.

Cocaine costs about $150 /g even for very pure cocaine. https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-does-cocaine-cost-in-the-us-2016-10 .  A single gram is about 20 hits, so even if you were doing that you're talking about a habit that maybe costs you $3k/day.   I think that would be impossible to sustain without dying, but let's say you're like a super Rick James and can do it.

$53k/day * 365 days/year is rougly $20 million per year, for $1 billion that you means you can easily sustain that for 50 years (you'll probably die well before then),  

You doubt my abilities.  You are forgetting all the legal fees to keep me out of trouble doing this lifestyle.

How about you spot me $1 billion and lets put this to the test.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You doubt my abilities.  You are forgetting all the legal fees to keep me out of trouble doing this lifestyle.

How about you spot me $1 billion and lets put this to the test.

It would be like the sequel to Brewster's Millions.  "TheGreatBuzz's Billions". 

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 9:13 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

I'd try to build StarTram.  Make SpaceX and Blue Origin look like chumps.

Even it it doesn't work, I'd still have roughly $100 billion left over. 

Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin lands a Pentagon contract to design nuclear-powered spacecraft

The Pentagon on Monday awarded Blue Origin, the aerospace company founded by Jeff Bezos, a $2.5 million contract to design a nuclear-powered spacecraft.

The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) agency also chose Lockheed Martin and General Atomics for the first phase of a program to design and build the spacecraft, it said in a statement.

Lockheed Martin got a $2.9 million contract to design a craft for the Demonstration Rocket for Agile Cislunar Operations (DRACO) program, and General Atomics a $22.2 million one to design a small nuclear reactor to power a rocket, CNBC reported.

DARPA wants to test nuclear thermal propulsion technology, which uses a nuclear reactor in a rocket to heat up the fuel and propel the craft beyond low Earth orbit.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived