Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

'Don't count us out': Maxwell Frost could be the 1st Gen Z member of Congress

At 25 years old, Maxwell Alejandro Frost is hoping to make history as the first Generation Z member of Congress and represent Florida’s 10th Congressional District in the House.

After winning the Democratic primaryon Aug. 23, Frost is running against Republican Calvin Wimbish, and the winner will succeed Rep. Val Demings, who’s vying for a Senate seat. According to FiveThirtyEight’s election simulation model, it’s “very likely” that Frost will win in November.

“My mom came here from Cuba when she was young with nothing. And now her son is going to go to Congress,” Frost told Yahoo News

• Thumb up 1

More Than 1 In 2 Americans Will Have An Election Denier On The Ballot This Fall

From the Carolinas to California, Montana to Florida, election denialism has spread across the country. Candidates who support former President Donald Trump’s false claims that the 2020 election was stolen will appear on ballots in nearly every state this fall. FiveThirtyEight drew on news reports, debate footage, campaign materials and social media and reached out to every single Republican nominee for the House, Senate, governor, secretary of state and attorney general to determine their position on the 2020 election.

There are a lot of election deniers on the ballot. Out of 529 total Republican nominees running for office, we found 195 who FULLY DENIED the legitimacy of the 2020 election. These candidates either clearly stated that the election was stolen from Trump or took legal action to overturn the results, such as voting not to certify election results or joining lawsuits that sought to overturn the election.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Oz alters stance on whether Trump won 2020 election

Dr. Mehmet Oz, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, said Tuesday that he believes “lots more information” is necessary to determine whether Donald Trump was the actual winner of the 2020 election, as the former president has claimed without evidence.

In an interview on Fox News, Oz was asked, “Do you believe the 2020 election [was] stolen?”

“I’ve been asked that question many times. I’m a doctor, I’m very precise with the words I use. There’s lots more information we have to gather in order to determine that and I'd be very desirous of gathering some,” Oz responded. “I think it would improve the process in general.”

Numerous Republican candidates and office holders have faced a similar dilemma in how to portray Trump’s loss to Biden in 2020 without offending the former president and his supporters. But just hours before his interview on Fox News, Oz seemed to express a different view about the 2020 results. At an event with Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., Oz indicated that if he had been a senator on Jan. 6, 2021, he would have voted to certify Biden’s victory.

“I would not have objected to it,” Oz told reporters. “By the time the delegates and those reports are sent to the U.S. Senate, our job was to approve it. That’s what I would have done.”

Had back to school night last night.  Guy hands me a flier.  I get into the classroom and realize it’s for the Republican Congressional nominees in Fairfax county.  I live in District 11.  I read up on my boy James Myles.  He’s pro choice, pro 2A, and pro small government.  No surprise, no false advertising there.  I read on about his experience.  He worked 20 years at SSA.  So this guy, who is pro small government, drew a check from the administration of one of the largest government programs for 20 years.  And he’s pro small government? Okay.  Oh yeah, Ben Carson is who he picked for “someone you look up to.”

• Haha 1

SC Democrats call on their party’s US Senate nominee to quit

The South Carolina Democrat vying to oust Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott is facing calls from within her own party to fold her campaign, following the publication of additional leaked audio in which she appears to make disparaging remarks about her constituents.

The calls for state Rep. Krystle Matthews to withdraw just two months ahead of the general election came Thursday in reaction to leaked audio published by conservative activist group Project Veritas of Matthews speaking to one of its members, without her knowledge.

Sitting in a restaurant, Matthews, who is Black, is heard saying that she represents a “mostly white” district, adding, of white voters: “I keep them right here — like under my thumbs. ... Otherwise, they get out of control — like kids.”

“You ought to know who you’re dealing with,” Matthews goes on to say. “You’ve got to treat them like s—-. That’s the only way they’ll respect you.”

In a statement, Matthews acknowledged her voice on the recording, calling Project Veritas a “satirical MAGA Powered news outlet.”

The compilation also features more of Matthews’ conversation, parts of which were previously published by Project Veritas, in which she spoke to an inmate about funding her campaign with “dope boy money” and having Democrats run as Republicans, saying “secret sleepers” represent “the only way you’re gonna change the dynamics in South Carolina.”