Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

“I do believe life starts at conception, and I’ve said that multiple times,” Oz said during the event, a tele-town hall held a week before the Republican primary. 

“If life starts at conception,” Oz added, “why do you care what age the heart starts beating at? It’s, you know, it’s still murder, if you were to terminate a child whether their heart’s beating or not.”  

He was answering an attendee who wondered how Oz could square his current anti-abortion stance with his statements from 2019, specifically that “the heart’s not beating” six weeks into a pregnancy.

Yesli Vega, a Republican running for the U.S. House in a competitive Virginia district, no longer mentions her connection to former president Donald Trump in the bio section at the top of her Twitter page. 

Colorado state Sen. Barbara Kirkmeyer, also running in a battleground House race, has stopped promoting language defending the “Sanctity of Life” on her campaign website. Now, there is no mention of abortion at all, a review of the website showed. 

And the campaign of Blake Masters, Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Arizona, has removed from his campaign website references to strict antiabortion positions he once championed, along with references to false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. 

At least nine Republican congressional candidates have scrubbed or amended references to Trump or abortion from their online profiles in recent months, distancing themselves from divisive subjects that some GOP strategists say are two of the biggest liabilities for the party ahead of the post-Labor Day sprint to Election Day.

• Haha 3

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Election 2022 (Sarah Palin loses another election)
  • Cooked Crack changed the title to Election 2022 (Sarah Palin loses another election. Mary Peltola becomes first Native Alaskan to win House seat)
1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think you vote for 1 person and let the chips fall. If the parties cannot weed out candidates in their primaries, so be it. 

Guess I'm old school that way?

Gotcha

I see it as a way to weed out extremes. I don’t think they’re particularly good for anything regardless which party they’re attached to. 

I don’t think trumps president in 2016 if it were ranked voting, for example. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Gotcha

I see it as a way to weed out extremes. I don’t think they’re particularly good for anything regardless which party they’re attached to. 

I don’t think trumps president in 2016 if it were ranked voting, for example. 

Well fwiw I think the EC is a joke. Plurality of vote should win an election. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1