Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

16 hours ago, Larry said:

Folks, 

I've got a problem with political discourse that consists of attacking women based solely on their appearance. 

Now, Ted Cruz?  I got no problem with. So I guess maybe that's a sexist attitude. 

Too bad. I still got a problem with it. 

I would suggest anyone who puts themselves in the public/celebrity arena is agreeing to let there appearance be fair game. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Arizona GOP Candidate Melts Down After Being Confronted for Endorsing Lawmaker Who Says ‘Jews Will Go to Hell’

This week, GOP Arizona gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake caused controversy when she endorsed Jarrin Jackson — an Oklahoma legislator who has proclaimed that “the Jews” are evidence that “evil exists” and that “Jews will go to hell.”

On Friday, a member of Congress demanded to know whether she endorses those views — and she responded with a bizarre attack insinuating he may have associated with a Chinese spy.

“Only reason @KariLake supports an antisemite or a homophobe for office is because she is both,” tweeted Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ) in response to the news of Lake’s endorsement of Jackson. Lake responded by posting a picture of Gallego riding camels with Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) and saying, “Are we playing the guilt by association game, @RubenGallego? How’s your friend Eric doing? Did he introduce you to Fang Fang?”

The “Fang Fang” remark is a reference to a story that Swalwell was targeted by a Chinese spy named Christine Fang in 2012. After associating briefly, the FBI informed him of her actual intentions, at which point Swalwell cut all ties to her and provided all the information he could — which experts have broadly said is the correct procedure when targeted by foreign spies. Swalwell has never been accused of any criminal wrongdoing in this incident.

Gallego responded to this with another tweet asking, “Just say whether you agree with the candidate you endorsed. Should “jews go to hell”? He followed up when there was no response, tweeting, “Hi still here. Are you still endorsing the Anti-Semite?”

This is not the first time Lake has been accused of associating with anti-Semitic figures.

Last November, CNN’s KFILE reported that Lake posed at a campaign event with Greyson Arnold, “a Nazi sympathizer who has a history of making White nationalist, racist, antisemitic and pro-Nazi statements, including once calling Adolf Hitler “a complicated historical figure which many people misunderstand.” Last month, Lake was also endorsed by Andrew Torba, the CEO of far-right social network Gab and an outspoken anti-Semite who has warned Jews to stay off his platform and claimed America is run by a “Judeo-Bolshevik” society. Lake’s campaign disavowed this endorsement, saying she “absolutely denounces bigotry in all its forms,” although some other Arizona GOP candidates, like secretary of state candidate Mark Finchem and state Sen. Wendy Rogers, both touted it.

No, we don't.  The county killed the trees next to our fenceline.  The SPLOST that we last voted for put a ****in' sidewalk next to my house that took a year and a half (complete with a steel thing over the hole in the road that lead to no sleep and I'm convinced led to my husband's subsequent suicide).

I conduct absolutely zero commerce in my county.  They'll never get another penny from me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Any Dem accepting Support from Liz; probably will cost themselves votes.

Just because she got it right on one thing; doesn’t excuse or erase everything else she did or supports as a right wing republican.  

I'm assuming she doesn't mean she'll appear at campaign rallies with Dems, but that she'll try to convince those Repubs that voted for her to vote for the Dem candidate instead of the Trump-backed loons that have an "R" next to their name.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm assuming she doesn't mean she'll appear at campaign rallies with Dems, but that she'll try to convince those Repubs that voted for her to vote for the Dem candidate instead of the Trump-backed loons that have an "R" next to their name.

Would rather she try to rally whatever she considers herself... NeoCon? Reagan Republican? Whatever isn't MAGA to just vote NOT for the MAGA candidate. Don't even mention the Dem. Ever. 

What's a bit wild is that there were reports of Dems actively trying to support the Trump-backed election deniers in their primaries thinking they'd be easier to defeat in the general election. Kinzinger was saying "Don't do it, because if they do end up winning the general election we're all ****ed" (or words to that effect lol). Now that a number of these wack jobs have actually won their primaries McConnell has been saying the Repubs most likely won't win back the Senate now becvause these candidates are trash and will motivate higher Dem voter turnout (love the feud that statement is causing between Mitch and Trump, btw lol).

Last time Mitch predicted dire results for the Repubs was when Trump refused to concede to Biden and kept harping on the "rigged election"...Mitch thought it was a better strategy to convince their base in Georgia they needed to get out and vote for Perdue and Loeffner in the special election to keep the Senate under republican control and stop the "radical Left" agenda from spreading like a disease over the country. So if he was right then, maybe he's right now as well...

10 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Would rather she try to rally whatever she considers herself... NeoCon? Reagan Republican? Whatever isn't MAGA to just vote NOT for the MAGA candidate. Don't even mention the Dem. Ever. 

Dems aren't gonna give a ****. And it's possible the number of Repubs she convinces to vote for the Dem candidate may offset and even eclipse the number of Dems who would rather take the chance a Republican Trump loon will win the election than a Democrat who Cheney sold her base on.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Considering the homeless population around there and the number of dogs that have likely defecated on that one particular star.....this picture is awesome.

Or the number of non-MAGAs that have taken the time to urinate on that particular spot.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1