Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I thought the press and veep can't be from the same state.

At least one of the President and Vice-president must be from a different state than the elector (so a FL elector can't vote both Trump and DeSantis, but other state electors are not bound).

You could probably have horse trading and what not, but in an extremely close election, not something you want to risk.

Maybe Trump can be R-Moscow?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tshile said:

But I’m seeing strategists being concerned if post election analysis about the shifts to the Republicans with black males and Latinos matches pre election polling, the democrats have a huge problem on their hands for 2024. 

I think it would be hilarious if Hispanics and Latinos started voting overwhelmingly for R candidates just to watch the two parties flip flop on their rhetoric.

16 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Arizona is old and slow. Hurry the **** up snowbirds. 😑

It occurs to me that the speed at which we count the ballots hasn't changed. What has changed is how close some of these races are. Razor thin margins. Thus the need for counting all the ballots before knowing who won. We used to have a clearer picture the night-of. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think it's weaker this morning and you do have a few on the other side of the party who wants to get as far away from the MTGs as possible to not be connected to them in 2 years. Especially when they really want to push investigations instead of doing anything about inflation or the economy. 

Current projection is 222 for gop. That's a razor thin majority.   The Maga caucus will still be enough to make McCarthy's life miserable.  They will still want impeachment.  They will still try to shut down the government and will oppose any deal McCarthy makes with Biden and th e Senate.   Unlike Nancy being able to corral her caucus with her narrow majority in this congress; no way McCarthy can do that with his caucus and he will not put up anything that needs dems votes to pass. He does that and He's out as speaker. 

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Election 2022 (Everything's in the air right now except for a red tsunami)

Since I keep thinking about Clark County in NV.  If turnout is like 2018 there are about 200,000 outstanding ballots.  If it is like 2020, about 300,000.  How these break will be huge towards the Senate balance.  

As I understand it, if NV goes to the Dems, Georgia doesn't matter.  

12 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Since I keep thinking about Clark County in NV.  If turnout is like 2018 there are about 200,000 outstanding ballots.  If it is like 2020, about 300,000.  How these break will be huge towards the Senate balance.  

As I understand it, if NV goes to the Dems, Georgia doesn't matter.  

that is correct since it looks like Kelly is in good shape in AZ 

I’m seeing Laxalt is ahead by about 23k votes in Nevada. 

Somebody posted earlier that in 2018 mail in ballots were 200k and 300k in 2020.

Let’s take the lower number. If Cortez Masto gets a 60/40 split of 200k that would give her a 40k advantage from mail in ballots. 

This seems like a plausible outcome.

(Note: This is the most math I have ever performed on ES and most likely in my adult life. Any mistakes made were honest and sincere.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1