Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So the gop has only a 7 seat majority in the house. McCarthy will be controlled by the maga caucus. If he gets to be speaker. Sure someone will challenge him.

Laxalt has lead in NV. Sure hope outstanding votes help Dems or this could come to Georgia runoff.

AZ got close in the governor race. Hobbs still winning but Lake closed that gap.

No.  You’re first sentence is premature and incorrect at this time.  The R’s are poised to gain 7 seats if they hold their current leads in the undecided races.  If that does hold, they’d have a three seat advantage.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The fact that MTG won and Herschel Walker is still very much in it terrifies me

At best he forces a runoff, libertarian vote stays home, and he loses. 

but it should be terrifying from the perspective of wondering what happens if the GOP runs a not super ****ty candidate…

… If trump isn’t the one swaying primaries…

Also in a runoff we’ll see an absolutely incredible amount of money flow into Georgia. 

If you live there you might as well unplug your landline and turn off your email/phone for 3 weeks 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

600k people voted in pa before the debate. 

interesting what that could mean considering fetterman was widely considered to not have done well from an optics perspective 

If you are voting that early, it means you do not care what happens in the debates.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If GOP was capable of fielding good solid conservative candidates, then they would have little resemblance to the current GOP.  It's important that Trump was rejected in 2020 and that his cronies were rejected in many battleground states yesterday.  The trend of how Trump's brand of politics did yesterday has a macro prism and I believe that's what's important for the country long term.  

Sure. 

but if you don’t understand that internally the Republican Party is fractured, and there is a piece that is part of trumpism and a piece that rejects it and thinks it’s destroying the party, and if you can’t see that one part of that fracture performed one way and the other performed a different way… and you don’t see how all of this plays into 2024… I don’t know what to tell you. You’re taking an incorrect, high level look at something that isn’t what you think it is. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you are voting that early, it means you do not care what happens in the debates.  

I don’t know if that’s fair. I mean generally that makes sense. But fetterman performance in the date was widely considered bad from a “fit for duty” perspective.  (I’m not saying the criticism is valid just that it appears that’s what the criticism was)

Which has a different impact than policy position issues. 

if you’re a Republican strategist you’re looking at those 600k votes and wondering what they look like if they voted after the debate 

(and sure - they look exactly the same, is a possibility)

Yeah, I look at how Hershel did. And how DeSantis did, and how Oz did. 

And the take I'm getting is that if the GOP can nominate a Nazi who can complete a sentence, who lives in the state, and can pass a few other tests like not being a child molester, they win. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Oz conceded PA. 156k vote difference. 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

And the take I'm getting is that if the GOP can nominate a Nazi who can complete a sentence, who lives in the state, and can pass a few other tests like not being a child molester, they win. 

And if you add state Supreme Court votes in NC and Ohio, it’s not a great outlook for dems either (at least the ones saying abortion and democracy were on the ballot)

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Florida is bat**** crazy and not really much of an indicator of how other states will vote. Last night is a prime example of that. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Florida is bat**** crazy and not really much of an indicator of how other states will vote. Last night is a prime example of that. 🤷‍♂️

Florida seems to have gone red for the near future… I’ve seen people talking about exodus from new York to Florida, and if it was mostly conservatives, it explains the outcomes in those states. 

DeSantis is looking at a 20 point win. 

huge Latino vote 

will he take his immense political capital and challenge trump? If he doesn’t - did he miss his chance?

1 minute ago, tshile said:

will he take his immense political capital and challenge trump? If he doesn’t - did he miss his chance?

This was the best outcome for Dems in terms of putting DeSantis against Trump for 2024. Many high profile Trump picked candidates lost, those that pushed big lie lost Governor races etc, he looks really weak meanwhile Ron massacred Florida. 

dems should really hope this causes a big civil war between the two of them that fractures the party or turnout for 2024

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

And if you add state Supreme Court votes in NC and Ohio, it’s not a great outlook for dems either (at least the ones saying abortion and democracy were on the ballot)

Every Democrat won their judicial race in my county. 10-0 tho four of the dems ran unopposed. #bloodbath 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Florida seems to have gone red for the near future…

Florida went red 22 years ago. A lot of democrats refuse to except that reality. Same really applies to Ohio as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This House stuff is exciting.  There are 10 lean D races, 12 lean R races, and 17 tossups that will determine the outcome. D’s are currently winning all 10 lean D races and have the lead in 4 of the 12 lean R races.  We may not know until December.

Yeah I was looking on the NYT tracker an hour or so ago, and as the election stood, the R's would win 218-217 with the vote count at that exact time.  At least one of those leads were literally <500 votes.  It's going to take some time, and whichever party wins, their speaker will have a very tough job ahead.  I'm not even sure with the 218-220 seat result Republicans likely get, that they'll have the votes to impeach Biden, which they've been promising to do as soon as they're in power.

Edited by balki1867

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m being told ABC reported on air Biden was telling people at the white house victory party last night that he plans to run. 

There's no reason he shouldn't run in 2024. Yeah he's old but he can clearly get **** done. Amazing how that works when ya know how a bill becomes a law n stuff.

h_270,w_480

• Like 3
  • Haha 2