Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Gonna say it again.  About 1.2 million COVID deaths which includes excess deaths (total number is 1.07M).  I wonder if polls adjusted for these missing voters.  It's been on my mind since 2020, "why would you enact policy that kills your constituents."  

This is devastating for the GOP.  A likely +3 margin... and I don't know if that incudes any moderates.  If so... impeachment is off the table? 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Disappointing that Walker is as close as it is. I think it’s clear the people are voting party over substance in that race. I honestly don’t a see how more than ten people would vote walker. 

I don’t look at. It as the Rs are blowing this. They’ve told everyone exactly who they are and I’m glad a lot of people have listened. I hope this continues and the D’s take advantage. 

Thank you to everyone that has kept this thread updated!!!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I haven't seen nearly the amount of idiots yelling about voter fraud yet that I had expected.  Am I just missing it?

They have to wait till the vote is finalized.  

Then they can load everything into a computer, carefully pick exactly which boxes of ballots they need to ignore, to gain power.  

Then they can suddenly discover that there was massive amounts of fraud, just in those particular boxes of ballots.  

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

It’s going to take weeks, not days to determine house control if it comes down to California.  MSNBC saying they are notoriously slow counting. 

As I understand it, California rules say that mail-in ballots get counted, if they arrive in the elections office within like a week after the election, and if they are postmarked on election day.  So a good chunk of ballots are still going to be arriving, for days.  

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Dems hold Nevada they have Senate control and won’t need Georgia.

This might be like me speculating about what I would do with my powerball winnings.  But the thought occurs to me that as long as I'm doing premature celebrations, it would be nice if the Senate came back with a result where two particular Senators didn't have veto power.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It sucks, but that's a bad trend for the GOP. 

Generations don't stick around forever...

Just a general observation about the numerous folks I see predicting the doom of the GOP based on demographic shifts:  

Those theories are based on the assumptions that people's votes don't change over time.  That the 20 year old Dem voter of today will still be a Dem voter 30 years from now.  

How many of the frequent posters in this thread used to be Republican voters?  

bJust spent 20 mins looking at NV.  

NV looks closer than 2020.  Additionally, the state has more favorable mail in and drop box voting.  The margin could be 5k to 10k.  

Looking further, it seems like Clark County is just as strong for Masto as Biden in 2020 and I don't think there are enough rural voters to beat out the urban vote.... and as I type this Masto drops from 53 percent to 50 percent in Clark.

Doing some back of the envelope map... Clark needs a large turnout to ourweigh the rurals.  I don't know enough in detail on mail in to feel safe about Masto holding.   If Laxalt has around a 10k vote lead. I am certain Clark will catch up with the mail in.  If it is 15k, I am less certain... if it is 20k before the Clark numbers hit.... watch out for a seat flip. 

It is likely Laxalt has some lead after all the rurals count and that lead will shrink or disappear as Clark gets voted.  So tomorrow AM Laxalt lead will be interesting and at its high point.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Just a general observation about the numerous folks I see predicting the doom of the GOP based on demographic shifts:  

Those theories are based on the assumptions that people's votes don't change over time.  That the 20 year old Dem voter of today will still be a Dem voter 30 years from now.  

I see...how much GenZ and Millenials you predict to be fascists instead of voting democrat 30 years from now.  

I can buy many becoming more moderate over time, but not go to that polar opposite extreme.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Not sure I qualify as a frequent poster herebut, I think I’m fairly conservative but the Republican Party of today has (to me at least) very little to do with conservatism and doesn’t want anything to do w me. 

I’m in a red red red district so I trudge down to the polls to throw away my vote on whoever is running against them just on principle.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1