Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Can Trump and DeSantis even be running mates if both list Florida as their home states?

I would expect pence or youngkin more likely to be running mates for DeSantis. 

although that’s only looking at it from who’s being talked about as running for president - not who fills what weakness gaps of the presidential candidate. 

if memory serves - it’s very very rare we see the presidential candidate choose a running mate from the list of front runners for the presidential nomination. So if youngkin, pence, DeSantis, and trump are all in the primary im guessing it’s unlikely whoever wins chooses one of the others as a running mate 

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

If Trump doesn't win that primary tho his ego and pettiness will force him to run as a third party / independent candidate. Looks good for Biden either way imo.

Agree on the ego and pettiness, but I don't think Trump will put in the effort to formally run as a third party.  He'll just try to burn down whoever beat him via the various tools he normally uses.  And yes, would be great for Biden either way, although GOP voters always seem to coalesce at the end. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think Trump winning the GOP nomination in 2024 is the only chance Biden wins (and I assume that Biden will be the Dem nominee as the sitting POTUS). 

Trump the type to lose the GOP nom, say they cheated him, run as an independent and say that any investigations into him or his business are political attacks from both sides. 

He's going to **** Republicans unless he is dead. And then his kids might. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree on the ego and pettiness, but I don't think Trump will put in the effort to formally run as a third party.  He'll just try to burn down whoever beat him via the various tools he normally uses.  And yes, would be great for Biden either way, although GOP voters always seem to coalesce at the end. 

Oh Trumps lazy all right. I could easily see a scenario where he tries to run as an independent n barely gets on the ballot in half the states embarrassing himself even further. Don't ruin this for me with your precious logic good sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

McCarthy will be challenged. Maga isn't weaker. If McCarthy wants their votes, he will have to concede to giving them what they want. There's still enough Magas to block anything McCarthy wants; sort like how Machin/Sinema controls the Dems agenda.

Like promising to give MTG committee assignments 

maybe the committee on plastic utensils 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Oh Trumps lazy all right. I could easily see a scenario where he tries to run as an independent n barely gets on the ballot in half the states embarrassing himself even further. Don't ruin this for me with your precious logic good sir.

PBs cruel unending logic always wins but we can hope together 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

McCarthy will be challenged. Maga isn't weaker. If McCarthy wants their votes, he will have to concede to giving them what they want. There's still enough Magas to block anything McCarthy wants; sort like how Machin/Sinema controls the Dems agenda.

I think it's weaker this morning and you do have a few on the other side of the party who wants to get as far away from the MTGs as possible to not be connected to them in 2 years. Especially when they really want to push investigations instead of doing anything about inflation or the economy. 

Ok it’s been fun. I feel like many you misunderstand what I’m trying to say - but it is what it is. 

but for real i’ve wasted 2.5 days following this **** and have to actually do work so I don’t lose my job. And there’s nothing left to discuss until these remaining races are resolved, and we start seeing movement on the 2024 agenda/cycle. 

overall - I think it’s a good sign many trumper candidates lost. And so long boebert! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

I think this is false

ebery trump person I know loves DeSantis and has been raving about since trump lost 2020. 

it will be an issue. But not nearly as big of an issue as you’re suggesting. 

and I’m skeptical trump is going to have the money needed. He’s being chided internally for not helping more with the money he has.  Combined with his candidates losing - it’s not a good time for him internally. 

the kicker is that even if trump loses to DeSantis in a primary - he’s absolutely the type to run as an independent just to say **** you to DeSantis and the big Republican money people. 

and I can’t imagine that DeSantis can win a general where trump is an independent. Almost every vote trump would earn would be a vote that would otherwise go to DeSantis. 

Doubtful that happens. The money would go to Desantis and Trump isn't going to spend his own money on an independent run.

51 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a month of Stacey leading a full court press for Ralph with whole nation watching, stressful yea, but huge reason how he win the last time.

Warnock will win a runoff. Kemp is actually kinda popular there for some reason and dragged Walker to the finish line. He won’t have those coattails to ride in a runoff 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Doubtful that happens. The money would go to Desantis and Trump isn't going to spend his own money on an independent run.

He won't spend his money but he will definitely spend his cultists money. Unfortunately some of them are fairly wealthy like that pillow guy or the overstock.com guy. 

54 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a month of Stacey leading a full court press for Ralph with whole nation watching, stressful yea, but huge reason how he win the last time.

Feels like Abrams should take a high national profile position in the cabinet or the DNC.  It doesn't look like she's getting any closer to the Governorship in GA and she can't wait on the sideline for 6 years for the Senate even if Warnock loses.  House or state legislature seems too low profile at this point.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Feels like Abrams should take a high national profile position in the cabinet or the DNC.  It doesn't look like she's getting any closer to the Governorship in GA and she can't wait on the sideline for 6 years for the Senate even if Warnock loses.  House or state legislature seems too low profile at this point.  

I would like her to continue her efforts combating voter suppression and working gotv efforts as she did from 2018-2020

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Agreed.

Part me believes she'll do that in the mean time to say help what's going on in Florida and keep Georgia from becoming jus as out of reach (she should be DNC chair yesterday)...

But she's gonna try for governor again...I can feel it.  She doesn't have any credentials for President and won't primary the Senators she helped get elected.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I don't remember any confrontations between Trump and Christie in 2016. Christie famously destroyed Rubio in a debate, and I think he might enter the race just so he can do the same to Trump this time.

Can Trump and DeSantis even be running mates if both list Florida as their home states? If Trump runs and gets the nomination, somebody will accept the VP nod, but that person will really be setting themselves up for failure in 2028. A second Trump presidency likely would be a huge drag on the party.

I thought the press and veep can't be from the same state.