Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Or we could hedge our bet by keeping the tag on scherff and trying to sign thuney to a reasonable contract.

That way if we land thuney we Can let scherff walk next year and if we don't we continue to try to sign scherff to something reasonable. 

Worse case scenario we use a lot of cap on the offensive line for one year but we do have the room and would be pretty damn stout in both trenches for at least one year.

Couple that with getting darisaw in the draft and we have two of the best lines in football.

Yes, let's commit $45 million to our interior offensive line this year.

Guards today!  Guards tomorrow!  Guards forever!!

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yes, let's commit $45 million to our interior offensive line this year.

Guards today!  Guards tomorrow!  Guards forever!!

You do realize it's possible to banter online without being snarky, don't you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Although I do dislike the tag route at 18mil, as an observation I do think the value of impending top free agents is somewhat underestimated around here.

I agree, especially after seeing what just happened with dak and his shattered ankle.

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Did NOT see Cam Robinson getting tagged.  O-Line is so critical.  O-Line has got to be the pick at 19.  I'm hoping its either AVT or Darisow.

He is going to be, that just came out

Golladay is a freak.  I've been reading for weeks Detriot will franchise him.  I guess will see.  I recall reading the NY Giants love him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Corey Davis, at 26 coming off a career year he also provides some length at 6’3”and won’t cost as much as Robinson or Golladay. Get him 

He also produced better when he ran with Brown.  Similar to McLaurin.  Doesn’t need to be the top dog.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Exactly.  We really can't afford any of the top tier options now while also filling all the holes.  

Still have $36 million. Plenty of $$ to sign some FAs especially with low year 1 cap hits. But yeah, the diff between $9m cap hit and $18m franchise tag for Scherff is probably the value of 1-2 solid FAs in the second wave of FA, but maybe the team plans to get a deal done with SCherff when the cap is released (could be mutual) and lower that hit before/by the time you need to sign said players.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins