Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I loved a lot about Harmon , back then. Let's see if he sticks this time

I really hope he gets a shot this year, but in all honesty I've got to admit that with seemingly Sims and AGG ahead of him in terms of spots on the roster for a big guy I can't see it. I think either he just balls out in camp or he gets cut and goes somewhere else for an opportunity. 

My one real gleam of hope is that Ron may have been playing it safe with him, the same way I think he was doing with K. Allen and just not trying to overwork him coming back from injury and force re-injury. The thing is that I think Heinicke could have used a big WR with sure hands. I like Sims but Harmon's hands are better. Ah well. Next season will bring us new crushes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really hope he gets a shot this year, but in all honesty I've got to admit that with seemingly Sims and AGG ahead of him in terms of spots on the roster for a big guy I can't see it. I think either he just balls out in camp or he gets cut and goes somewhere else for an opportunity. 

My one real gleam of hope is that Ron may have been playing it safe with him, the same way I think he was doing with K. Allen and just not trying to overwork him coming back from injury and force re-injury. The thing is that I think Heinicke could have used a big WR with sure hands. I like Sims but Harmon's hands are better. Ah well. Next season will bring us new crushes. 

I trust Harmon a bit more than Sims, but I like Sims’ upside more.  

Not going to read too much into it, but I find it interesting there are 3 receivers and 3 guards on that list…

11 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

So we signed 8 to reserve/futures contracts 

Can someone who knows more about this stuff than I do please explain what "reserve/futures" contracts actually mean?   Are they simply holding spots for guys to come to OTA's and to training camp in July?   Do teams routinely use these kinds of contracts to get players that actually end up on the final 53-man roster?

2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Can someone who knows more about this stuff than I do please explain what "reserve/futures" contracts actually mean?   Are they simply holding spots for guys to come to OTA's and to training camp in July?   Do teams routinely use these kinds of contracts to get players that actually end up on the final 53-man roster?

Occasionally it happens. They're the UDFA of veteran players and I believe it's the only type of contract available to your practice squad players at the end of the year to keep them from being grabbed

• Thanks 1

While I don't blame Scherff for being politically correct with his answers about wanting to be here, they do annoy me a little because of how heavy handed he is when he makes the point.  And the idea that its out of his hands and its up to his agent is BS.

The thing with Kirk is we knew there was tension behind the scenes as for negotiations.  Plenty of rumblings that he wanted to go.  We heard multiple times how he didn't like Bruce and vice versa.  As for Trent, ditto as for Bruce and then we had side stories about him having issues with the medical staff, etc.  And we heard he didn't like that Rivera wanted to evaluate him before giving him an extension.  Neither dude were consistenly over the top about wanting badly to stay and there was also plenty of noise that they wanted to go. 

With Scherff there is no noise as for tension.  It seems to be pure money.  And again i don't begrudge him for caring about that first and foremost but at the same time I think he should turn down the volume about how much he loves it here, loves Ron, wants to retire here.  it's really thick.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

I see that comment as maybe a passive-aggressive way as for calling out Scherff's BS about how much he wants to be here.   And again I don't blame him for it but Scherff practically should be having the violins going when he waxes poetic about how much he loves everything about being here. 

To this point, I agree his agent will be pissed.  Ditto Scherff because that was Mayhew basically smoking Scherff out.  I am gathering they think that ship has sailed so they have nothing to lose.

Like I said if Scherff kept it at he'd love to be here and kept it generic, i'd be cool with it.  But he laid it on thick, with let me tell you the ways how much he loves it here.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see that comment as maybe a passive-aggressive way as for calling out Scherff's BS about how much he wants to be here.   And again I don't blame him for it but Scherff practically should be having the violins going when he waxes poetic about how much he loves everything about being here. 

To this point, I agree his agent will be pissed.  Ditto Scherff because that was Mayhew basically smoking Scherff out.  I am gathering they think that ship has sailed so they have nothing to lose.

Like I said if Scherff kept it at he'd love to be here and kept it generic, i'd be cool with it.  But he laid it on thick, with let me tell you the ways how much he loves it here.   

He is gone I think that's why he dropped it.

I think Scherff is gone.  I love his leadership and the fact that we drafted him but it does not make sense to pay top dollar money for a guard who misses multiple games every year.  Durability is as meaningful as ability and he needs to understand that.  But there will be somebody out there that will pay him knowing he is injury prone.  So be it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Scherff deserves a decent contract, but thank God he didn’t sign that deal with us. We got away lucky there.

I agree, we dodged a bullet.  We'd look like fools considering the Teller contract that came after.   Wouldn't shock me if Scherff ends up regretting how he played his hand, too.  I seriously doubt he's getting that same offer now from any team.  But will see. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, glongest said:

I think Scherff is gone.  I love his leadership and the fact that we drafted him but it does not make sense to pay top dollar money for a guard who misses multiple games every year.  Durability is as meaningful as ability and he needs to understand that.  But there will be somebody out there that will pay him knowing he is injury prone.  So be it.  

I'd put money on Sherff ends up with the Panthers, looks like they are all in on upgrading there OL for 2022.