Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Thrilled about McCain but why only one year?! If he has as good a year as we hope/expect he's going to sign a monster contract somewhere else 😪

With low cap this year and it being late in FA period, McCain's agent probably only wanted to talk one year deal.  A lot more money available to spend on day 1 of FA next offseason.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Thrilled about McCain but why only one year?! If he has as good a year as we hope/expect he's going to sign a monster contract somewhere else 😪

Not sure he’s a monster contract type guy. By my highlight video watching eyes, he’s a small dude with average speed,not much of a hitter,  but has high football intellect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Regarding Scherff I think the next month will tell the tale.  If he plays this year on the tag I believe it will be his last year with the WFT.   If he really wants to stay he will sign a longer term contract.  He’s a good football player with some injury issues.  It will cost him this year but he can get more guaranteed.   Somebody will surely pay him next year, but nothing near the tag money.  If it all about money, get your tag money this year and sign your multi year deal next year somewhere else.

Best case scenario is some aspiring superbowl team looses a few Guards early in training camp or the season and makes a desperation trade for him.  I am not sure how it works with the franchise tag if you can eat some of the salary to make the trade feasilble, but I would think it would be the only way to make it work unless a team had a lot of cap room or an expensive player to trade back. 

15 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Best case scenario is some aspiring superbowl team looses a few Guards early in training camp or the season and makes a desperation trade for him.  I am not sure how it works with the franchise tag if you can eat some of the salary to make the trade feasilble, but I would think it would be the only way to make it work unless a team had a lot of cap room or an expensive player to trade back. 

I’m not sure how it works either.  Possible a team (and Scherff) would agree to a long term deal as part of a trade.  I’d think we’d need for at least one of our young players (Ismael, Charles or maybe Cosmi) to look really good to agree to a trade.  Otherwise we probably wind up with a bit better play at LG, and a big step down at RG.  

I can’t decide if I’d prefer to trade Scherff for a 2nd/3rd or so and get the money off the books (to then roll over), or ride it out and take the comp pick.  Possible pitfalls either way.  

I do know I don’t want to sign Scherff long term.  Much rather spend that money on our dline (and Terry).  

Anyway, really like the McCain signing.  This is a heck of a squad.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the signing of McCain puts Landon Collins squarely on the "You better have your stuff together or you are gone list." Missed assignments or blown coverages in TC will increase the likelihood we will move on. I'm not saying it's gonna happen but it definitely makes him a little more expendable. jmo.  And I like Landon.

Figured his salary would make trading him unlikely.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I think the signing of McCain puts Landon Collins squarely on the "You better have your stuff together or you are gone list." Missed assignments or blown coverages in TC will increase the likelihood we will move on. I'm not saying it's gonna happen but it definitely makes him a little more expendable. jmo.

Figured his salary would make trading him unlikely.

This is exactly how my good friend (hasn’t missed a game in 20 years)  described McCain with the Dolphins 😕 Both good dudes though 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This is exactly how my good friend (hasn’t missed a game in 20 years)  described McCain with the Dolphins 😕 Both good dudes though 

Difference is Collins had a serious injury, gets paid way more, and has another player already on the roster who has outplayed him at his position. I get that the Dolphins drafted a FS, but I think they are taking a risk.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Difference is Collins had a serious injury, gets paid way more, and has another player already on the roster who has outplayed him at his position. I get that the Dolphins drafted a FS, but I think they are taking a risk.

For sure.

Though, McCain has never come close to being the impact player Collins has been in his career. Full disclosure, I don’t believe he’s been the train wreck of a player some feel he’s been here in DC. Worth the money? No way. Some are saying McCain is a playmaker and the dude has 7 ints in 6 years. 

I like the move overall, hope it’s for 3 or 4 mil. He appears to be a great dude and provides the team some time to fill the spot next season. Do not want to pay any sort of money to a FS with where the money must be allocated to in future seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

For sure.

Though, McCain has never come close to being the impact player Collins has been in his career. Full disclosure, I don’t believe he’s been the train wreck of a player some feel he’s been here in DC. Worth the money? No way. Some are saying McCain is a playmaker and the dude has 7 ints in 6 years. 

I like the move overall, hope it’s for 3 or 4 mil. He appears to be a great dude and provides the team some time to fill the spot next season. Do not want to pay any sort of money to a FS with where the money must be allocated to in future seasons. 

Collins will make an impact play against the run and blow a coverage the very next play. It's infuriating, I'd rather just have a guy that's solid and won't blow a massive coverage assignment. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Collins will make an impact play against the run and blow a coverage the very next play. It's infuriating, I'd rather just have a guy that's solid and won't blow a massive coverage assignment. 

We have an opt. out with Collins next year.  Look at his contract details on via google search.

Edited by RWJ

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Seeing as how Trubiskey is now a backup with the Bills I'd lean towards their having moved on from him. 

Why did you quote a post from 4 months ago?  He said that long before it happened...lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So if this is accurate... not the kind of dude I think we want around. Holy **** man...

1AC9EC71-6DFD-4DD4-ADDB-7131E5930CF0.thumb.jpeg.ad89a00b71506ad5e5f2af9a6ecb8a99.jpeg

People responding like it’s real but I have concerns with someone names @Ultraweedhater being a very credible source :ols:

Barry Mc****ner aka "Bury My **** in Her" does seem reasonable?

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Why did you quote a post from 4 months ago?  He said that long before it happened...lol

Oh my goodness you're right! I never noticed the date. lol

It's actually a post from the first page of this thread. My best guess is that I was reading recent posts and wanted to go back to the previous page but hit the button that goes to the first page instead.

My bad CapSkins.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 3

Barry Mc****iner is one of the most realiable sources on Twitter, he's just waiting on his blue check verification approval that should be coming any day now. If he said Aaron Rodgers called Matt LeFleur "Matt LePoor", he heard that and did so with the most certainty. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 4