Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Kirk had his chances here....I'd rather have Fitz and Heiny without a doubt. 

No I am saying if we had proper management we would have received a nice haul for guys like Kirk and Trent. Instead we Snyder Allen got us nothing for Kirk and peanuts for Trent.

11 minutes ago, carex said:

I think we need to get in on that

Only concern I have with Mosley is once he got the pay day he wanted is the best we saw from him in Baltimore.  I would hope not.  If he played the way he did in Baltimore I'd go for him.  I wouldn't trade our 1st for him.  Our 2nd and next year's 3rd or maybe 2nd.  He opted out over COVID.  COVID is still around.  Would he do the same this year.  The team that signs him would have to get a guarantee he would not.  He an excellent LB all the way around.  Excellent in coverage and the run. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/c.j.-mosley-14426/

Is he any good? Because his contract looks awful. They will cut him and we can sign him if we like. I’m not giving up draft picks for that contract.

There is an out after 2022 so that helps a bit concerning money.  If he plays like he did in Baltimore you got a stud of a LB this team desperately needs.  

I'm guessing it won't take much to actually trade for Mosely. He's got a bad contract. The base salaries are pretty astronomical after 2020, and he also has $14 million is guaranteed salary left on his deal. That makes a trade far easier for New York (where the dead cap hit is just $6 million to the Jets), rather than a release (where the dead cap hit is $20 million). The former actually gains the Jets cap room, the latter loses it. 

I have to think there is some plan for LB. The free agent market has been pretty frigid so far, but virtually any live body is an improvement on the 2020 LB corp. Half the roster has already moved on (Davis retired, SDH was released, and KPL left as a free agent to little resistance), but there's been no action. And I can't imagine the only plan is wait on the draft. I'd actually think Washington would be a great destination for any LB to play behind that defensive line for an ex-linebacker head coach and an ex-linebacker DC. So we'll see what's up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't know....he makes a mint doesn't he? Why are they looking to move him? How old is he? What would he cost in compensation? 

28....down side of his career but if hes anything like fletch hes got LOTS left in the tank...how bout a 4th this year and a 5th next year..idk..id like to see him here..go tackle at 19 than/then.

Any player the Jets (2nd worst team in the NFL) are trying to move on from other teams should be highly cautious. There's something not quite right with the CJ Mosley situation, actually there just seems to be a bad track record with Alabama LBers in general. If they aren't busts, they flame out very quickly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Any player the Jets (2nd worst team in the NFL) are trying to move on from other teams should be highly cautious. There's something not quite right with the CJ Mosley situation, actually there just seems to be a bad track record with Alabama LBers in general. If they aren't busts, they flame out very quickly. 

Look at what he did in Baltimore before being traded to the Jets.  We were bidding on him in FA too that year.  RR and Co. are not SynderAllen. :)

Edited by RWJ

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Look at what he did in Baltimore before being traded to the Jets.  We were bidding on him in FA too that year.  

He essentially hasn't played football since 2018, will be 29 by the time the season starts, in 2019 had a major injury, and in 2020 decided to forego the season. My guess, he's closer to out of the NFL than he is returning to form. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He essentially hasn't played football since 2018, will be 29 by the time the season starts, in 2019 had a major injury, and in 2020 decided to forego the season. My guess, he's closer to out of the NFL than he is returning to form. 

Maybe so, BY.  

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

I have to think there is some plan for LB. The free agent market has been pretty frigid so far, but virtually any live body is an improvement on the 2020 LB corp. Half the roster has already moved on (Davis retired, SDH was released, and KPL left as a free agent to little resistance), but there's been no action. And I can't imagine the only plan is wait on the draft.

Yep got to think we like of chances a getting a couple in the draft. Not really much to go at in FA that is going to represent a worthwhile upgrade. CJ Moseley basically hasn’t played for 2 seasons, that would be a bit of a uncharacteristic risk for RR.

8 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I respectfully disagree...I don’t want them having to take any position early because they don’t have anyone even on the roster. Use FA to fill all the holes (even if it is with jag players) and then draft players by how you have them rated...not because you have nothing at their position. 

But what the **** do I know...I’m a Tottenham supporter 😕

I bet you are looking forward to the day Harry Kane has that tryout as an NFL Kicker...

Get you on the draft, at #19 you would take BPA without doubt. Not sure you would want DL though :ols: but then picks in the 51-82 range where we have 3 picks, I think rankings becomes largely too close to pick a fight over. We took Gibson slightly early because we knew he wouldn’t last to our next pick. One of them scenarios isn’t it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We took Gibson slightly early because we knew he wouldn’t last to our next pick. One of them scenarios isn’t it.

If a guy you really want won't make it to your next pick, and you can't go PFF/draft/force-trade, then it's not a reach.  Two rounds, then it is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

If the WFT had just drafted Sweat at 15 like the scouts and coach wanted to...no trade back into the first (thus losing next year’s second round pick)...then Pittman (who was drafted with said pick) or Claypool could have been on this team. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.😞

We might have drafted a WR not named Metcalf or AJ Brown in the second and then not have picked up Terry in the 3rd. So who knows what happens in that alternate reality. We might have been better in the season, missing out on Chase Young because we didn't get the 2nd overall pick. And even worse, we might still be stuck with Bruce Allen.

I am not complaining about the last two years. We made some nice moves overall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Only concern I have with Mosley is once he got the pay day he wanted is the best we saw from him in Baltimore.  I would hope not.  If he played the way he did in Baltimore I'd go for him.  I wouldn't trade our 1st for him.  Our 2nd and next year's 3rd or maybe 2nd.  He opted out over COVID.  COVID is still around.  Would he do the same this year.  The team that signs him would have to get a guarantee he would not.  He an excellent LB all the way around.  Excellent in coverage and the run. 

Really? You would trade all of those picks for a LB who was good but never great and who hasn't played in over a year yet making almost 20 million in the upcoming years? I would offer a late round pick at max. If that is not enough I am looking elsewhere. But even then I'd carefully think about it. We cannot go out and spend all of our money on defense if we want to keep some balance and retain our own players. It's not like we are immediate contenders and only have have a window of 1 season to win and need to go all in.

7 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Trading draft picks for any player except a great player at a big discount is just not worth it for a team this far from a superbowl.  Might as well just sign guys in free agency, because then you have the big contract but save the picks.

The Jets being the Jets what I'd propose is swapping first rounders with them and adding a seventh rounder. They'd probably think they're doing great getting a Washington first rounder plus. We get a reclamation linebacker with an awful contract and the Jets first rounder.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Just saw DeSean Jax signed a one year deal with the Rams. He is 34 years old

I really wanted to bring him back in as our burner. I love watching DJax.

9 hours ago, Die Hard said:

With Trent though, you have the potential an impending suspension (history of illegal substances). Just something else to consider.

You have a selfish player who doesn't care about his team or teammates finally getting the contract he always wanted, so no idea what his motivation is going to be to play through injuries when his rich ass could just get high and fight dogs instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's a gamble for sure, but he was a top 3 LBer and the only reasons the Ravens couldn't get him back, because they seriously tried, is that absurdly Jet-esque contract they gave him.

I'd trade a 3rd for CJ Mosley.

• Like 1