Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Let’s get to the important stuff!

The #’s game.

OK so Gandy-Golden is gonna go back to his #11 since Alex Smith is gone & Curtis Samuel will get his #10!  And then now that Ronald Darby is gone who’s gonna take the coveted #23?  Maybe a player yet to be drafted?? What about William Jackson?  Will he get #22?  Is Deshazor coming back?  Is he gracious enough to give up #22 if Jackson wants it?  Will he want #23?  What about #27?  Why does nobody wear that number anymore?  Surely they didn’t retire it for Fred Smoot! Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

A few guys still out there that I think would be interested for us:

- Alex Anzalone (26 yo) = 34th of 83 LBs last year per PFF

- Raekwon McMillain (24 yo) - really bad rating in 2020 but he only played 170 snaps

- Kwon Alexander (26 yo) = 33rd of 83 LBs in 2020 per PFF

Any of those guys on a one year deal would make some sense.

So I guess the market isn't totally MEH and Kwon + McMillan have the pedigree. Also interesting, McMillan is the same OSU recruiting class as McLaurin and Samuel

I don't think McMillain has the speed or cover ability. 

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Let’s get to the important stuff!

The #’s game.

OK so Gandy-Golden is gonna go back to his #11 since Alex Smith is gone & Curtis Samuel will get his #10!  And then now that Ronald Darby is gone who’s gonna take the coveted #23?  Maybe a player yet to be drafted?? What about William Jackson?  Will he get #22?  Is Deshazor coming back?  Is he gracious enough to give up #22 if Jackson wants it?  Will he want #23?  What about #27?  Why does nobody wear that number anymore?  Surely they didn’t retire it for Fred Smoot! Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Because Ken Houston is not walking through that door anytime soon.

18 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

A few guys still out there that I think would be interested for us:

- Alex Anzalone (26 yo) = 34th of 83 LBs last year per PFF

- Raekwon McMillain (24 yo) - really bad rating in 2020 but he only played 170 snaps

- Kwon Alexander (26 yo) = 33rd of 83 LBs in 2020 per PFF

Any of those guys on a one year deal would make some sense.

So I guess the market isn't totally MEH and Kwon + McMillan have the pedigree. Also interesting, McMillan is the same OSU recruiting class as McLaurin and Samuel

Anzalone might be worth checking out. I liked him at Florida.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So, flex scheduling for MNF games....interesting. 

i wonder how far in advance teams will be told their game will be moved from Sunday afternoon to Monday night. Logistics could come into play (hotel availability, charter plane availabliliy), plus fans will have to change their travel plans as well. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, flex scheduling for MNF games....interesting. 

i wonder how far in advance teams will be told their game will be moved from Sunday afternoon to Monday night. Logistics could come into play (hotel availability, charter plane availabliliy), plus fans will have to change their travel plans as well. 

Yeah, that seems like a terrible idea for fans attending the games.  But money talks.

I feel like we paid a premium on Samuel thanks to McCaffrey getting hurt in a Samuel contract year.  He inherited all those underneath touches that CMC woulda got.  I don't really think he's really $11mil WR, but timing is everything.  It is what it is.  But it's the same reason I didn't think Jamison Crowder was a $10mil WR a few years ago.  Nice player, but no. And Crowder was more productive for longer.  And yeah, Samuel's more versatile out of the formation and has a nice 40 time, but I didn't actually see that 40 in the games.  Not saying he plays slow, I'm just saying, I keep seeing the 4.3 40 quoted like it means something. In the actual numbers, you don't see 4.3 speed, big plays, yards per catch, etc.  And I get usage and putting him in the right situations.  That'll be up to Turner.  We got a lot of so called "swiss army knife" type players now, and versatility is helpful, but what scares me is the track record isn't there for him. 

We need that #2 outside guy, and it's not Samuel, and not really Sims/Harmon/AGG or anybody we currently have.  Hopefully the draft produces somebody.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Much more than Collins. 

If either of them will break out and show potential it’s Collins. But he’s gone as soon as his dead cap isn’t more than the actual hit. So even if he’s great, he’s likely gone. Not affordable.

So even if he show he's the "answer" he's gone? (I'm assuming that if he's great that means he's also the answer)

My dream signing left is Anthony Harris but al this Tre Boston talk from the beat guys make me think that's unlikely.

Main guys i am pimping for who are left and shouldn't be too pricey -- Dan Arnold at TE and KJ Wright LB. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-100-best-available-nfl-free-agents-remaining-2021-nfl-free-agency

2. S ANTHONY HARRIS

Anthony Harris has been one of the best safeties in football for the past few seasons, steadily earning himself increased playing time in Minnesota. He put together an All-Pro caliber season in 2019 before taking a step back this year along with the rest of the Vikings’ defense. Harris earned a 91.1 overall PFF grade a season ago, which came hot on the heels of the 89.0 mark he posted the year before that when he played 624 snaps and started half the season due to injury. He has been a perfect free safety within Mike Zimmer’s defense, which employs a lot of split-safety looks and has been particularly adept at making plays on the football, with coverage being by far his biggest asset.

Harris has shown the ability to read route concepts and quarterbacks at the same time, putting himself in position to make plays. He should be primed for a big deal.

Contract Analysis: Minnesota has a huge decision to make at safety with the anchor of their defense in Harrison Smith entering the final year of his deal in 2021, as well. Harris’ emergence opposite Smith has been a welcome development, and although he’s the younger player, it’s hard to imagine the Vikings letting Smith play a single snap outside of Minnesota before his potentially Hall of Fame career is over.

Prediction: Four years, $56 million ($14M APY): $27.5 million total guaranteed, $16 million fully guaranteed at signing.

24. LB K.J. WRIGHT

Wright has been one of the league's most consistent linebackers over his NFL career, and as he gets toward the end of it, he still provides a lot of value as a solid all-around player at the position. He finished the regular season with the eighth-best overall grade among linebackers at 75.3.

The Seahawks had their annual shock pick in the first round of the NFL draft when they took Texas Tech linebacker Jordyn Brooks at 27th overall. And while he’s slowly coming along in a Will linebacker role — which has been Wright’s spot in Seattle for nearly a decade — his presence may not necessarily mean Wright is on the way out.

Contract Analysis: Wright has been solid after transitioning into the strongside linebacker role following Bruce Irvin’s season-ending injury, and it suits him as he gets a bit older. His 59.9 coverage grade in 2019 was his worst since his rookie season in 2011, so playing closer to the line and setting the edge in run defense works for him at this stage of his career. Irvin is also a free agent after the season but is two years older and will be coming off a torn ACL, so perhaps Wright carves out a role in Seattle because he can contribute at either spot going forward.

Prediction: Two years, $12 million ($6M APY): $6 million total guaranteed, $5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

77. TE DAN ARNOLD

After featuring largely as one of the unknown receivers Drew Brees found himself throwing to due to injuries, Dan Arnold saw an expanded role with the Cardinals in 2020 and hits free agency coming off a career year in terms of production, with 42 targets and 31 catches. Arnold certainly made some spectacular plays, generating a 128.9 passer rating for Kyler Murray, but he also fumbled twice.

Contract Analysis: Arnold is an interesting study because there certainly aren’t many 6-foot-6, 220-pound tight ends in the NFL. Kliff Kingsbury’s Air-Raid offense that values speed above all else was a perfect fit for Arnold, but there may not be a huge market for his services across the league.

Prediction: Arnold signs for one year, $1.75 million, $500,000 total guaranteed.

63. S TRE BOSTON

An annual staple on the free agent market, Boston has been one of the better free safeties in the league in his seven years. Last season, he produced a career-low 53.8 grade that included a career-high 16 missed tackles. After playing almost exclusively at free safety in previous seasons, Boston played about half of his time in the box last season and his coverage grade of 50.6 ranked just 55th out of 64 qualifiers. He does his best work on the back end in both one and two-high safety looks, so a return to more of a true free safety role should get Boston back on track.

Contract Analysis: Boston finally landed the multi-year contract he deserved after several seasons of quality play on one-year deals, but unfortunately his three-year, $18 million contract with the Panthers just ended up becoming his latest one-year deal. Though Boston is a good player, no position market is more flooded with talent this offseason than free safety, so another one-year deal may be in store for him.

Prediction: Boston signs for one-year, $2.25 million, $1.25 million total guaranteed.

89. LB B.J. GOODSON

Goodson played a career-high 937 snaps in 2020, and his 66.0 overall grade ranked 24th among NFL linebackers. Goodson was best suited for an early-down run-stopping role in his first few years, but he rounded out his game with a career-high 66.1 coverage grade to go with four pass breakups last season. The rest of Goodson’s career suggests that a limited role is still the best bet for his production, but he’s a sure tackler and solid overall player who will get a look from linebacker-needy teams.

Contract Analysis: The Browns were missing many of their defensive players, particularly on the back end, for much of the season, but Goodson was ever-present and relatively solid throughout the Browns’ march to the playoffs. A strong performance against the Steelers in the wild-card round was followed by a tough outing against the speedy Chiefs, but Goodson proved he can handle a larger workload and not be a liability if it becomes necessary.

Prediction: Goodson signs for two years, $6.5 million ($3.75M APY), $4 million total guaranteed.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1