Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I really don't think we'll be adding any FA soon. The LB market is pretty meh at this stage. FS seems like a late FA type of position (always kind of has been) ...

So not sure we should be expecting a whole lot of action. Maybe I'm wrong.

We need more than just one linebacker in the draft. They need to get someone. It was already a bad position and then we lost KPL. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That Fuller one year number should be interesting.

1 year, $10 million, with substantial upside per Rappaport. I assume big bonuses in play for performance.

Just now, Bacon said:

We need more than just one linebacker in the draft. They need to get someone. It was already a bad position and then we lost KPL. 

No, I am not saying we are done in FA. I'm just saying i'm not sure we see any big names from here on out. And any signings may trickle in over the next week, rather than today, tonight, tomorrow, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So what if Fitzpatrick goes for 4,400 yards, 27 TDs and 14 INts and we make the playoffs this year? Almost have to extend him right?

I still think you consider drafting a QB this year. Mills or Mond in Round 3 could be solid grooming candidates to sit for 1-2 years. But maybe we really do kick the can down the road a bit at QB.

Would be a great conundrum. I'll worry about that down the line.

I am good with Newman, Mills or Mond in the 3rd/4th. 

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I really don't think we'll be adding any FA soon. The LB market is pretty meh at this stage. FS seems like a late FA type of position (always kind of has been) ...

So not sure we should be expecting a whole lot of action. Maybe I'm wrong.

the thing about that, is the LB market may be meh, but we are BLEH at LB so meh would be an improvement

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That Nelson Agholor contract is starting to look worse every day in FA. Patriots blew their load too quickly like we used to. 

Big time.  i saw Agholor as a good cheap backup WR choice if you miss out on one of the top tier guys -- I'd never imagine that he'd be top of the market.  It's amazing all the kudos the Pats are getting.  I like some of their signings but definitely not all of them.  The Agholor one in particular looks ridiculous.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So what if Fitzpatrick goes for 4,400 yards, 27 TDs and 14 INts and we make the playoffs this year? Almost have to extend him right?

I still think you consider drafting a QB this year. Mills or Mond in Round 3 could be solid grooming candidates to sit for 1-2 years. But maybe we really do kick the can down the road a bit at QB.

They may shoot the moon and go for someone in the 1st.  Mond would be my pick if they go for another QB outside the 1st.  2022 is supposed to have no special QBs so when you have 5 in one draft and if we finish next year and have a better team (Pick #25) overall we make the move this year, I think.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Big time.  i saw Ahholor as a good cheap backup WR if you miss out on one of the top tier guys -- I'd never imagine that he'd be top of the market.  It's amazing all the kudos the Pats are getting.  I like some of their signings but definitely not all of them.  The Agholor one in particular looks ridiculous.  

I don't get it either, their group is just an odd mix right now. They're going to be a team of mercenaries, there's no player-set culture there. Not having a home-grown foundation is difficult to overcome, a lot of new pieces that never played together, the chances they're all pulling in the same direction in the beginning of the season is slim but I'm sure they will be okay after the half-way point.

Just now, carex said:

the thing about that, is the LB market may be meh, but we are BLEH at LB so meh would be an improvement

A few guys still out there that I think would be interested for us:

- Alex Anzalone (26 yo) = 34th of 83 LBs last year per PFF

- Raekwon McMillain (24 yo) - really bad rating in 2020 but he only played 170 snaps

- Kwon Alexander (26 yo) = 33rd of 83 LBs in 2020 per PFF

Any of those guys on a one year deal would make some sense.

So I guess the market isn't totally MEH and Kwon + McMillan have the pedigree. Also interesting, McMillan is the same OSU recruiting class as McLaurin and Samuel

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to reporters who covered all three FA signings at their respective previous teams.

Omar Kelly who covers the Dolphins was the most effusive.  [ ]

His take.  Fitz is one of the top 15 QBs in the league.  He's gotten better as he's gotten older.  He's dialed down the picks.  [ ] His field vision is one of the best in the league, he thinks the best after Brady. 

Great dude.  Great leader.  Teammates love him.  [ ]

First of all, thank you for posting this.  Second, to me, the difference between QB 15 and QB 6 is the team:  a special defensive line, an elite 3rd-and-short game, kicker so good that his stats go from 40-49, 50-59, 60+*, dominant turnover ratio, something else sorts those 10 teams after you've accounted for the QB.  WFT has several of those "distinguishing characteristics" that over a season make a difference in whether you're closer to 6 or to 15.  

*Can you imagine having a kicker who could hit 60-yarders at 50%?  For every drive that ends at opponent's 43 yard line -- not exactly what is traditionally thought of as "field goal range" -- you get 1.5 points expected (50% per drive x3).  How would you feel if you were on a team that kept the other team's O from getting closer than your own 40, but they hit 8 field goals and you lost 24-23?  If Moseley had been 50% from 60 yards in 1982 (yes, technically in 1983 for you wiseguys), would Riggo's famous run happen?  (Would Gibbs had taken a 50/50 shot on a FG to close to within 1 (17-16) with 13 mins left or would he have run the ball on 4th-and-1?) 

LB remains a massive problem. Seem like we pick up one of the remaining one or two half decent depth options, or we essentially prioritise LB in the draft. RR has more than once doubled up at a certain position in the draft, so go get 2 LBs in the first 4 picks.

• Like 1