Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean it's not a particularly strong draft class at TE

Not weak either, with one being a top 5 talent. Some mocks have 2 TE's going in 1st and another by mid second. There are numerous mid round talents. Not too shabby compared some years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

They are gonna have to carve out the roster so hard I'll be surprised if Winston will have the kind of interest in returning that people seem to think he will have.

Its one thing to come back to a stacked roster, but the saints are looking at dropping several impact players. On top of that they have no money. Winston could easily find greener pastures that would be willing and able to pay him larger amounts of money than the Saints could possibly dish out.

With Fitz, Mariota, Cam and possibly Winston all looking for an opportunity to start don't the odds say that we end up with one of these 4. How many teams are in a spot where they can offer up a legit QB competition for a free agent to sign with and win a starting job. Off the top of my head....Denver, Bears, WFT, NE, Carolina? 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Not weak either, with one being a top 5 talent. Some mocks have 2 TE's going in 1st and another by mid second. There are numerous mid round talents. Not too shabby compared some years

Not to mention some nice free agent TE options out likely out there too....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not one of my top picks at WR but he might come cheap, watched some of his games last year, seemed like a different dude in LV than he was in Philly. 

Vegas is desperate to resign him.  I think he also stays because he had by far his best year there.  That's the reason they cut Tyrell Williams.  

I still like Allen Robinson or Curtis Samuel the most at WR this offseason. Hoping that Curtis is about half the cost of Allen Robinson in the end. 

RB: Gibson/McKissic

WR: McLaurin

WR: Robinson/Samuel

Slot: McKissic/Gibson (seriously Steven Sims is just not reliable)

TE: Logan Thomas (poised for a big year IMO)

That isn't bad. We should continue to dump resources into the defense, that is our identity. Elite defense, but I at least want a top 15-20 offense to go along with it. 

Van Noy was really good in New England. He's a bit older than I'd like for a FA (30 will be his playing age this year) ... but if you're looking for a veteran in the second level that would be a really good fit. Someone to combine with a rookie and Holcomb ... I'd be intrigued to see what he signs for.

I fully admit I know next to nothing about the intricacies of the salary cap, but how is it that the dolphins can release van noy after one year of a 4 year deal to save money but we can't get out of collins contract after year 2 because the dead money will be more than the savings?

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I fully admit I know next to nothing about the intricacies of the salary cap, but how is it that the dolphins can release van noy after one year of a 4 year deal to save money but we can't get out of collins contract after year 2 because the dead money will be more than the savings?

Yeah, I'm really not sure about that. It must have to do with how the Dolphins structured his deal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Looking at OTC, his contract last year was fully guaranteed ($10.9m) ... and with his release he has a $4.1m dead cap hit this year ... so there is the $15 million guaranteed of the $51m contract.

The headline (at least one that I found) when he signed the deal was 4 years, $51 million, with $30 million guaranteed. So, I guess there's a difference between "Guaranteed" and "Fully guaranteed" and the "fully guaranteed" number appears to be $15m, not $30m.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

the kick in the nuts in the Collins deal is the amount of fully guaranteed money, fully guaranteed being the key phase. We are on the hook for his full 2021 salary, largely because is will fully guarantee on 21st March whilst he is still deemed ‘injured’. ie, unable to pass a football physical.

• $31M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2019 salary + 2020 salary + $5M of 2021 salary)
  • Remaining $7.5M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on 3/21/2021 (full $12.5M guaranteed for injury)

12 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Van Noy is definitely worth considering. He turns 31 in June. If we could do a 2 year deal, I'd be interested. Beyond that, his age becomes an issue.

He turns 30 later this month.  But if he then turns 31 in June, I’d definitely stay away.  😆 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Van Noy is definitely worth considering. He turns 31 in June. If we could do a 2 year deal, I'd be interested. Beyond that, his age becomes an issue.

Actually he turns 30 this month

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why not ?

We signed Thomas Davis last year, who was 75.

Ahem he was only 74.