Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Tampa Bay Football Team PALOFFS IS NOW Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

ErWBQXnXIAMb9cO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As I said in the Sunday night eagles thread I didn't really mind Chase Young talking about I want Tom because he would either step up and deliver or he would be humbled a little bit.  I know he may have tweaked the groin but hopefully this is a learning experience where if you're going to talk you need to back it up and bottom line he didn't. 

Whether we bring Heineken back to compete is a ridiculous conversation. let's face it he should probably be brought back entrenched as the number one guy whose job it is to lose.  Unless we get aggressive towards the qb position, and even then he should be a strong option to be here for depth.  How does he not get a spot next year. You'd roll with montez over him?  No way.  He will be on our 53 next year, one way or another.

I don't feel bad probably because I didn't expect us to win. I feel hopeful about TH.  He was never overwhelmed. He read the field with poise and urgency. He's a sneaky runner. Most of all, the team responds to him. They wanted to play not just with him, but for him. They played with confidence. On the defensive side, I thought our biggest problem was that we couldn't stop their run game often enough.  We didn't get Brady on the ground enough, especially early in the game. Their OLine played a great game, especially Wirfs. We will improve next year, especially if we get better at linebacker. Holcomb was everywhere because he needed to be. Except for the fumble recover, Bostic et al had little impact on the game. And, I hate to say it, Brady is a great player with a great receiving core. We got beat by an excellent team.

Archived