Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Tampa Bay Football Team PALOFFS IS NOW Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

ErWBQXnXIAMb9cO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

11 hours ago, zskins said:

Only if that squib kick didn't happen. Gave Tampa a short field and they scored a TD. I am just wondering if that didn't happen could we have actually won this?

Maybe? It certainly didn't help. The Bucs are so loaded with talent that they can overcome mistakes like that. We still need to play with a very, very narrow margin of error in order to beat the good teams, but not everything needs to go our way anymore. We can make our own opportunities on defense and play cleanly on offense to get wins. 

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Probably already been said, but TB is loaded on offense and if the WFT had that talent with a mobile Heinicke, this game isn't even close.  TB is set to win now.  The WFT is only missing a few pieces to compete with the big boys in the NFC.

Not only am I boldly predicting we will run the east but the nfc period!

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Meanwhile Fuller got called for facemask, for doing a fraction of this, when he basically swiped briefly at a facemask

And Ron's reaction.

This isn't even the only comment by Ron, on the refs.

But if Ron makes repeated comments about the refs, you know it's bad.

defense let us down big time. really puts rankings into perspective, they sometimes just dont mean ****. This d line should be dominating pretty much every o-line in the nfl. Not sure how you even address the defense in the offseason. They are definitely not elite. That said, heinicke really played well and really makes you think if a vet qb would even be a better option this offseason. The only issue i've seen with him so far is his durability. Outside of that he actually played to win. The game showed that receivers are open but our other qbs just never really took any chances. 

13 hours ago, zskins said:

Only if that squib kick didn't happen. Gave Tampa a short field and they scored a TD. I am just wondering if that didn't happen could we have actually won this?

I think some of us are making too much out of the squib kick.  Tampa got the ball on their own 39 yard line.  That's only 14 yards beyond where they would get it on a touchback.  Heck, the Bucs gained 20+ yards on a pass to Brate on the non-call of the face mask on that very drive.  A total of some 35 yards gifted to Tampa on that one non-call alone - the 20+ they gained plus the 15 they should have been penalized.  There's really no way to convince me that the refs didn't see that blatant facemask.  No way.  No, I don't think the squib kick was much of a factor at all.

22 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

defense let us down big time. really puts rankings into perspective, they sometimes just dont mean ****. This d line should be dominating pretty much every o-line in the nfl. Not sure how you even address the defense in the offseason. They are definitely not elite. That said, heinicke really played well and really makes you think if a vet qb would even be a better option this offseason. The only issue i've seen with him so far is his durability. Outside of that he actually played to win. The game showed that receivers are open but our other qbs just never really took any chances. 

If NFL OLinemen are allowed to blatantly hold with impunity, they're going to keep any DLine at bay.  Sorry, it's hard to blame the defense if you take an honest look at the line play in the game.

I think everyone has relayed my sentiments on the game last night, so I don't really feel the need to go too far in depth with anything. However, I'm seeing a lot of people question Heinicke's durability. You have to remember, this guy was sitting at a desk studying for the entire season and then some. I'm not saying he was sitting in his underwear drinking Mountain Dew and eating cheetos off his stomach, but I doubt he was in NFL shape. Give him some conditioning training and an off season with the team. Lets see what he can do.

1 hour ago, Redwolves92 said:

Agree big time. 5 O linemen, 75 plays and not one holding call. Our D line should have been pressuring Brady all night. Now the Rams, they have a D line. How do you address them, don't pay them as elite until they show it. Let them walk in FA if they want and replace them one at a time in the draft. 

3 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Probably already been said, but TB is loaded on offense and if the WFT had that talent with a mobile Heinicke, this game isn't even close.  TB is set to win now.  The WFT is only missing a few pieces to compete with the big boys in the NFC.

Yes Tampa is loaded which reminds me, how come Antonio Brown is allowed to play in the NFL? Didn't some woman accuse him of rape? Oh well, not important, Tom wants him on his team so it is OK. What about Guice? Can he ever get a second chance? 

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Yes Tampa is loaded which reminds me, how come Antonio Brown is allowed to play in the NFL? Didn't some woman accuse him of rape? Oh well, not important, Tom wants him on his team so it is OK. What about Guice? Can he ever get a second chance? 

Rapistburger is still in the NFL. As is Jameis.

The NFL kinda is almost too lenient regarding these things. The cowboys have a player on D who's like on their 12th chance. 
Guice will get a 2nd chance if a team wants to take a chance.

10 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

That last big pass Brady made while getting absolutely flattened was amazing. I will give him that. Probably the one play where their oline wasn't performing wrestling moves. 

Hence why Brady's the GOAT.

Chase has a lot to learn. I was disappointed in him yesterday. It's as if he was ineffective and obviously did not back up what he said about getting to Tom.

36 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

Hence why Brady's the GOAT.

Chase has a lot to learn. I was disappointed in him yesterday. It's as if he was ineffective and obviously did not back up what he said about getting to Tom.

Huh? Chase tried his best, was hurt early in the game and then reinjured later on. What do you mean he has a lot to learn? I think he has much less to learn than most rookies. He is already in the "perfecting his craft" phase.

One final point on the face mask/illegal use of hands/hold/whatever you want to call it flagrant non-called penalty, if you follow the play as shown as the camera pans when the pass is thrown, it is very clear that the head ref (white hat) was looking right at the foul and failed to do his job.  Disgusting, really.  He didn't "miss" it - he intentionally chose to ignore it.  Tampa was unfairly gifted some 30-35 yards by him on that play - the yards on the completion plus the yards they should have been penalized.  Sorry, but it's just so infuriating that it's hard to let go.  Hopefully I'll be better in a few days.  🙂

On 1/9/2021 at 11:36 PM, joeken24 said:

I really really hate it when refs are involved in the outcome of games. Especially when the opponent is clearly privileged. **** this bull ****. Their goddamn team held on almost every ****ing play. No calls. Protect brady at all cost. We need him in the SB for our news story. Learn to beat these ****ers. We're good. I'm pissed, but we're good.

Watching the reply. The amount of no calls against TB was astounding. 

Hands to the face

morehandstotheface.thumb.JPG.6249472f0065b735e406b826679290f2.JPG

Another hands to the face

handstotheface3rddownnocall.JPG.f7b0877080225f2fd56a022da3368f7f.JPG

A pull down on the TD pass to Brown. No call

77646380_2-pulldownTDpasstoBrown.JPG.057ae10522298bf6092557fde95196b6.JPG

No call

1.JPG.4ea9f76b4023f7611fbe4382d3ffabc0.JPG

Run play hold. WTF are you looking at refs?

wtfisthat.JPG.ec44b169a282f2ed75960906f1079e41.JPG

Same run play. Two shots at it refs and you still ****ed it up. 

samefuckingplay.JPG.d4551be9d5f542628ac57ca00befb8ba.JPG

Floyd slips. But has the wherewithall to reach out and trip Darby

PInocall.thumb.JPG.651ea646cc7d486a8d47099c23f0905c.JPG

No call of course. Next play they get the first down to Brown. Would have been 2nd and 20. 

trip.JPG.0ab4c9d15afed362a358815b72505529.JPG

Archived