Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Tampa Bay Football Team PALOFFS IS NOW Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

ErWBQXnXIAMb9cO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A near-miracle QB performance in a hard fought playoff game in front of the world, that was fun to watch. I’m going into the offseason excited despite the loss, this team fights hard even if it’s very up and down. Rivera is the man. 

I'm sad the WFT lost, but they showed tonight that they belonged in the playoffs. That's WAY more than I would have predicted at the beginning of the season.

Hat's off to Taylor Heinicke. I don't think he's durable enough to last in the NFL, but he's a talented QB with a huge heart.

Have to be happy with that. If you'd said at the start of the season this team would be driving with 2 mins to go with a chance to beat Tom Brady only to be skanked by the refs on a very bad call I would never have believed you. 

With all the Haskins noise gone, upgrades at MLB, Collins to OLB and a WR and TE opposite Thomas and we are the best team in the NFC East. 

Draft a mid/late round QB and have him learn from Smith, use Heinicke as bridge qb (maybe medium term starter).

You know how we know they played well?  They were able to shut up about Brady.

Heinicke was the star tonight and man it was fun to watch.  IDK what it looks like long term, but he really knows what he wants to do with the ball. 

Excited for free agency and the draft (officially 19 now right?).

3 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Better team won. Tom Brady is the goat. I'm not happy but not disappointed. We took 2 steps forward this season.  We may have our franchise qb. 

The so called better team got help. I was not ready for this season to be over. It may not have been as disappointing if the game was called evenly. I am definitely going to post film in the game review thread. Far too many holds the ref allowed TB for the mighty **** brady. After a while you get mortified as a D line when you don't get calls. But you'll see. And you'll be as pissed as I am. They literally took our defense away.

Good game, proud of the team tonight.

Heinicke is the one. Let's get him locked up on a deal and the reins are his to lose. We've finally had that dumb luck other teams seem to have of pulling a QB out of nowhere who turns out to be pretty good. Let's get him some weapons because that kid can play. 

Give me two WR, 1 TE, an upgrade or two on the OL, 2 ILB and 1 or 2 CB.

We can compete next season.

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

The ref right there called it a catch and fumble out of bounds.  Threw his bean bag.  Ref from far downfield came in and said incomplete, knowing that WFT couldn't challenge with no time outs.  WWE officiating.

It sucks to call "refs" but damn.. They did us no favors tonight. Tampa had plenty of TO's if they wanted to challenge. Brady effect is real. 

Archived