Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Ill never forget the Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger who helped get us here. They for sure played their part in the fall of the Republican party. 

But that said, I will also never forget what they are doing right now. Like it or not, if they were not on this committee it would have exactly zero effect on the Republicans or "Independents" in this country. And they are putting their careers on the line for the country and our futures at this point. Yes, I also believe it to be political calculus. I don't think they are doing it out of patriotism or some sense of right and wrong. But Im not blind enough to ignore what they are doing and I respect it. This is different from what Pence did imo. And I just have to respect that as much as I don't like their political past. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Is this like a Congressional subpoena that they can just ignore?  Or does these matter?

Good question. I don think you can just ignore those....but I dont know what happens when you do. 

Edited by Llevron

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Good question. I don think you can just ignore those....but I dont know what happens when you do. 

I think the options are:

Comply - show up, bring what you were told to bring & answer questions (which I believe could be 'plead the fifth')

Contest - get a lawyer & fight it (not sure the success rate for this)

Ignore - immediately be arrested & held until you comply 

This isn't a Congressional subpoena that can be ignored & then must be turned over to the DOJ for arrest.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well when @TradeTheBeal!goes silent for awhile, you'll know his sentence has started.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a “sexy farmer”.

So, stand down Spiff…or else I’ll call my billionaire friends and have them turn off the internet to the extended clan of toothless hill people that you’ve taken residence with.

• Haha 3

Not sure about Cheney, but my view on Kinzinger's political past with Trump is this:

- Over the last 2 years of Trump's time in office Kinzinger voted with Trump 78% of the time...not 98% of the time.

- The idea that every single bill that Trump backed or did not back should--by default--be seen as bad for the country is ludicrous. Some of the things Kinzinger agreed with Trump on were: 

- Increasing coronavirus-related stimulus payments to $2,000 from $600

- The Pandemic Aid bill

- Providing assistance to people affected by the coronavirus

- Banning flavored tobacco products

- United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement

- And some of the bills Kinzinger voted for that Trump was against include:

- Funding the Treasury Department, the Internal Revenue Service and several other government agencies

- Funding the Department of Transportation, the Department of Housing and Urban Development and related agencies

- Funding the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration and related agencies

- Funding the Department of the Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency and related agencies

- Disapproving of the Trump administration’s plan to lift sanctions on three Russian companies

- Funding most of the federal government through Sept. 30, without money for a border wall

- Providing disaster relief money, including additional aid for Puerto Rico

- Opposing Trump’s withdrawal of troops from Syria

- The National Defense Authorization Act

- Expanding the national apprenticeship system

- Overriding Trump’s veto of the National Defense Authorization Act

- Impeaching Trump on a charge of incitement of insurrection

- And key issues Kinzinger was against that Trump supported:

- Objecting to Arizona’s presidential electors

- Objecting to Pennsylvania’s presidential electors

Yes, I also know there were a lot of things Kinzinger voted for that Trump wanted that I feel were bad for the country. However, he was anything but a rubber stamp for Trump over Trump's last 2 years as president.

- He's been publicly criticizing Trump for the last 3 years, long before January 6 happened and long before Liz Cheney got on board that same train.

- He's not running for President (or any office). If he were, I'd never vote for him...not because of his perceived alignment with Trumpism but because regardless of Trump his political beliefs don't come close to aligning with my own. But that doesn't mean much of anything to me within the context of holding those responsible for the insurrection accountable for their actions and making sure something like this never happens again. If they are playing a legitimate role in helping to bring that about, I don't really care if he's not a Democrat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

He's not running for President (or any office). If he were, I'd never vote for him...not because of his perceived alignment with Trumpism but because regardless of Trump his political beliefs don't come close to aligning with my own. But that doesn't mean much of anything to me within the context of holding those responsible for the insurrection accountable for their actions and making sure something like this never happens again. If they are playing a legitimate role in helping to bring that about, I don't really care if he's not a Democrat.

Good effort Cali, but these days I'm not sure if it's even worth the time. People seem to be hunkered down where everyone with a (D) or (R) is bad, depending on your political leaning. It's like talking to fellow conservatives who say "yeah, Trumps an asshole, but there's no way he legit lost that election!" The logic that maybe A had something to do with B escapes them.

Ah well, nevertheless....   

• Like 3

The "votes with xyz 99% of the time," stats can be deceiving.  Congress regularly votes on some very uninteresting things where the votes are almost unanimous. For instance, AOC and Gym Jordan have voted the same way roughly 25% of the time they've been in the House of Reps together.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Not sure about Cheney, but my view on Kinzinger's political past with Trump is this:

- Over the last 2 years of Trump's time in office Kinzinger voted with Trump 78% of the time...not 98% of the time.

- The idea that every single bill that Trump backed or did not back should--by default--be seen as bad for the country is ludicrous. Some of the things Kinzinger agreed with Trump on were: 

- Increasing coronavirus-related stimulus payments to $2,000 from $600

- The Pandemic Aid bill

- Providing assistance to people affected by the coronavirus

- Banning flavored tobacco products

- United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement

- And some of the bills Kinzinger voted for that Trump was against include:

- Funding the Treasury Department, the Internal Revenue Service and several other government agencies

- Funding the Department of Transportation, the Department of Housing and Urban Development and related agencies

- Funding the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration and related agencies

- Funding the Department of the Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency and related agencies

- Disapproving of the Trump administration’s plan to lift sanctions on three Russian companies

- Funding most of the federal government through Sept. 30, without money for a border wall

- Providing disaster relief money, including additional aid for Puerto Rico

- Opposing Trump’s withdrawal of troops from Syria

- The National Defense Authorization Act

- Expanding the national apprenticeship system

- Overriding Trump’s veto of the National Defense Authorization Act

- Impeaching Trump on a charge of incitement of insurrection

- And key issues Kinzinger was against that Trump supported:

- Objecting to Arizona’s presidential electors

- Objecting to Pennsylvania’s presidential electors

Yes, I also know there were a lot of things Kinzinger voted for that Trump wanted that I feel were bad for the country. However, he was anything but a rubber stamp for Trump over Trump's last 2 years as president.

- He's been publicly criticizing Trump for the last 3 years, long before January 6 happened and long before Liz Cheney got on board that same train.

- He's not running for President (or any office). If he were, I'd never vote for him...not because of his perceived alignment with Trumpism but because regardless of Trump his political beliefs don't come close to aligning with my own. But that doesn't mean much of anything to me within the context of holding those responsible for the insurrection accountable for their actions and making sure something like this never happens again. If they are playing a legitimate role in helping to bring that about, I don't really care if he's not a Democrat.

Goddamit if you go humanizing him wtf am I supposed to do with all the memes??

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Jan. 6 Filmmaker Now Has Armed Guards Following Him ‘Everywhere’

Documentary filmmaker Alex Holder revealed that he has been provided “two armed guards” for protection following a subpoena for materials from the Jan. 6 committee. 

Holder, a British filmmaker, was subpoenaed by the committee in regard to footage and interviews Holder and his team shot throughout the production of Unprecedented, a documentary film on Trump and his inner circle during the 2020 presidential campaign. Holder confirmed that he and his team are cooperating fully with the committee.

In a Wednesday interview with BBC, Holder detailed that since the revelation of his cooperation with the committee, he has been assigned a security detail that “follow me around everywhere,” and that he has become the subject of various conspiracies. “According to some, I’m an undercover FBI agent, some think I’m an MI6 spy, and there’s all sorts of conspiracies and threats that are coming through,” he told the BBC.

The security detail was provided to Holder by Discovery+, which will premiere Unprecedented this summer.

Click on the link for the full article

Sorry, but if you are a Republican politician still, 6 years after MAGA took over your party,  you are part of the problem.

Kinzinger is a ****stain on history. Just like every single current Republican.

There is no redemption from this. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a “sexy farmer”.

So, stand down Spiff…or else I’ll call my billionaire friends and have them turn off the internet to the extended clan of toothless hill people that you’ve taken residence with.

I so love this!!!!!

• Like 1

I like how that Don Winslow guy has 200 tweets all of the same Liz Cheney clip.  Just over and over and over, for weeks.  It’s a living, I guess.

Anyway look..I can disagree with Kinziger and Cheney about abortion and agree with them about Trump.  Because that’s how politics work.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I like how that Don Winslow guy has 200 tweets all of the same Liz Cheney clip.  Just over and over and over, for weeks.  It’s a living, I guess.

Anyway look..I can disagree with Kinziger and Cheney about abortion and agree with them about Trump.  Because that’s how politics work.

Maybe Google him first? 😁

How is supporting Cheney's J6 work going to have disastrous consequences in November, as Winslow states?

Her criticism of Trump is leading her to be ousted as a member of Congress. And with inflation running as it is and the normal cycle of how usually things go in midterms, the GOP at a minimum is going to retake the House.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sorry, but if you are a Republican politician still, 6 years after MAGA took over your party,  you are part of the problem.

Kinzinger is a ****stain on history. Just like every single current Republican.

There is no redemption from this. 

Haha! You can't say that! You have to take the high road, "kumbaya", forgive, blah, blah, etc. I always find it funny how dems condemn these republicans as they do irreparable damage to our country, but as soon as they do something humanely decent or just "stop" being assholes for a bit, all is forgiven. Trust me, as soon as Trump starts finger painting, dems will wash him of all his sins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

How is supporting Cheney's J6 work going to have disastrous consequences in November, as Winslow states?

Her criticism of Trump is leading her to be ousted as a member of Congress. And with inflation running as it is and the normal cycle of how usually things go in midterms, the GOP at a minimum is going to retake the House.

Make no mistake, Cheney is making a play as the sane GOP candidate in 2024.

She isn't. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

Ill never forget the Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger who helped get us here. They for sure played their part in the fall of the Republican party. 

But that said, I will also never forget what they are doing right now. Like it or not, if they were not on this committee it would have exactly zero effect on the Republicans or "Independents" in this country. And they are putting their careers on the line for the country and our futures at this point. Yes, I also believe it to be political calculus. I don't think they are doing it out of patriotism or some sense of right and wrong. But Im not blind enough to ignore what they are doing and I respect it. This is different from what Pence did imo. And I just have to respect that as much as I don't like their political past. 

Adam isn’t running for re-election. Cheney will lose her primary; begin her 24 campaign for President and it will be over for her before the primaries start.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Adam isn’t running for re-election. Cheney will lose her primary; begin her 24 campaign for President and it will be over for her before the primaries start.

Kinzinger will likely cash in though as a fake moderate on CNN or something. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Kinzinger will likely cash in though as a fake moderate on CNN or something. 

Right. Cheney will be around her entire life one way or the other too. They never really go away and that’s what I mean by the political calculus they are playing.