Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

I hate the Woodbridge idea so badly...there's a natural choke point on I-95 and Route 1 where they cross the Occoquan River between Lorton and Woodbridge thats almost always stop and go for no reason mid-afternoon on Sundays. 

Putting a stadium in Woodbridge and adding 60k or more people to that sounds like utter madness and clear indication they don't know what they are doing nor care about us as fans.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, skinzplay said:

The only way he gets a new stadium is if he pays for it himself (which he cannot do), or if some locality lures him with the offer of funding. He won't get any stadium money from DC, VA or MD. Nary a nickel. The jig is up.

Tired of tax payers footing the bill for these teams. Atlanta built the new stadium while the Ga Dome wasn’t paid off. There have been studies that stadiums do not make money. Let these teams finance all of it them selves. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 6/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, TK said:

image.thumb.png.d958c8ade3c73d30a46e34125e4b9d6a.png

Snyder design strikes again.🤢🤮

On 6/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, dyst said:

JDR is not the type of person I wanted associated with this team. Unfortunately, here we are. Probably another reason why this guy was out of job.

I hate JDR with a passion. Given the garbage performance of the defense last year, his continued employment is a mystery to me. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The Dome at America's Center...in St. Louis, MO.

The longer this goes on without resolution, the more likely that Snyder will up and move the team. Don't think it can't happen...Cleveland and Baltimore both thought that too.

This would be ideal. St. Louis and Snyder deserve each other. Furthermore, to reverse what happened with the Browns’ exit from Cleveland, I hope Maryland sues the team to require Snyder to take the 💩💩y Commodes name with him. 

• Like 2

This is all astounding to watch unfold from afar - I cannot believe how badly the owner of this franchise has alienated himself from the D.C. Area, to the point where PG County economic leaders are cheering over plans not hinging on the franchise staying. 

Unless there is an ownership change or Snyder has the mother of all epiphanies and actually rights the ship...like, them leaving is a possibility. Maybe not that likely but who'd ever think the day would come where it was even in the realm of possibility?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, thebluefood said:

This is all astounding to watch unfold from afar - I cannot believe how badly the owner of this franchise has alienated himself from the D.C. Area, to the point where PG County economic leaders are cheering over plans not hinging on the franchise staying. 

Unless there is an ownership change or Snyder has the mother of all epiphanies and actually rights the ship...like, them leaving is a possibility. Maybe not that likely but who'd ever think the day would come where it was even in the realm of possibility?

I've been saying that too... Cleveland and Baltimore and Oakland all thought they were safe. Everyone here hates him, maybe he will pull chocks for another city where his depravity and incompetence won't get the same scrutiny.

Now I have to wonder if he chose the name Commanders to make it easier to move, ignoring the fan favorite Red wolves. San Diego Commanders may have a nice ring to it...and when they keep losing there no one will care...they probably wouldn't notice if he rehired Larry Michael and Alex Santos.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I've been saying that too... Cleveland and Baltimore and Oakland all thought they were safe. Everyone here hates him, maybe he will pull chocks for another city where his depravity and incompetence won't get the same scrutiny.

Now I have to wonder if he chose the name Commanders to make it easier to move, ignoring the fan favorite Red wolves. San Diego Commanders may have a nice ring to it...and when they keep losing there no one will care...they probably wouldn't notice if he rehired Larry Michael and Alex Santos.

I actually think the dc situation has a lot less to do with Snyder than the VA and MD situations do. The city council just doesn’t want an nfl stadium. Especially at the RFK site. They want to do other things with that land ditto the residents around the site they’ve been very vocal about not wanting another stadium there. Keep in mind JKC couldn’t get a stadium in dc either and that was not far removed from the 3 Super Bowls and having a season ticket waitlist with hundreds of thousands of people on it. Now the MD and Va situations I do believe is largely because of Snyder. If Snyder wasn’t the owner likely both states are offering hundreds of millions for a stadium 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The way the NFL and the Raiders have treated the City of Oakland will never not piss me off but the Raiders seem to have a more national fan base. I can't say how Oakland residents felt about them leaving again but the fandom as a whole didn't seem to lose a step. 

But with Baltimore and Cleveland - that was something different. It was more intimate and because of that, it seemed like it hurt more. My mom, who worked for GPO for decades, told me about how it was at the office the day after the Colts skipped town. Her Baltimore co-workers came off the train, walked to the office, and were just in a daze. Not angry, not crying - dazed. It was like the sun not coming up the next morning. And Mayor Schaefer barely holding back tears on local TV. Disgusting. I still spit when I hear the Irsay's name. And the situation at Cleveland could have gotten really ugly - I'm surprised there wasn't an all out riot at Municipal Stadium.

But with the way things have gone here, the way the area has, seemingly, fallen totally out of love with this franchise - I don't know if we're gonna have a Mayor Schaefer moment in D.C. if they leave. I dunno if people are gonna be filled with that same indignation Browns fans had at the last home game before they left town. If this continues, they may very well leave with the area, as a whole, basically telling Snyder and Co. "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya" and I never thought this would happen. I mean this is Washington for God's sake. This town was an NFL town before NFL towns existed (outside of Green Bay). And this is where we are now?  

• Sad 2

On 6/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, thebluefood said:

I can't imagine the league, if having to choose between the DC market and Dan (friggin) Snyder would pick Dan over DC. 

• Like 2

Im told Tanya has a background in design, so the stadium is in good hands.

The will surely be eventually able to possibly maybe find a potential piece of property that could fit their plans and where someone might possibly let them build something.

Now where the moneys going to come from who knows.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I can't imagine the league, if having to choose between the DC market and Dan (friggin) Snyder would pick Dan over DC. 

They've been doing that since Snyder bought the team, there's no need to imagine it.  Depending on the situation, neutrality and indifference are the same as taking a side, imo.  NFL has gone further then that in their attempts to defend him, regardless of how it impacts us.

Until NFL gets rid of him, they are jus as bad in my book.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/12/2022 at 9:10 PM, thebluefood said:

The way the NFL and the Raiders have treated the City of Oakland will never not piss me off but the Raiders seem to have a more national fan base. I can't say how Oakland residents felt about them leaving again but the fandom as a whole didn't seem to lose a step. 

But with Baltimore and Cleveland - that was something different. It was more intimate and because of that, it seemed like it hurt more. My mom, who worked for GPO for decades, told me about how it was at the office the day after the Colts skipped town. Her Baltimore co-workers came off the train, walked to the office, and were just in a daze. Not angry, not crying - dazed. It was like the sun not coming up the next morning. And Mayor Schaefer barely holding back tears on local TV. Disgusting. I still spit when I hear the Irsay's name. And the situation at Cleveland could have gotten really ugly - I'm surprised there wasn't an all out riot at Municipal Stadium.

But with the way things have gone here, the way the area has, seemingly, fallen totally out of love with this franchise - I don't know if we're gonna have a Mayor Schaefer moment in D.C. if they leave. I dunno if people are gonna be filled with that same indignation Browns fans had at the last home game before they left town. If this continues, they may very well leave with the area, as a whole, basically telling Snyder and Co. "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya" and I never thought this would happen. I mean this is Washington for God's sake. This town was an NFL town before NFL towns existed (outside of Green Bay). And this is where we are now?  

I’m okay with the team leaving because I know we’ll get a another team.  No way the NFL doesn’t have a team in the 6th largest maket in the US and the nations capital.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

21 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I’m okay with the team leaving because I know we’ll get a another team.  No way the NFL doesn’t have a team in the 6th largest maket in the US and the nations capital.

I'm inclined to agree. I know folks have referenced LA's NFL-less drought before the Rams returned but we aren't LA. This town has had and supported major, pro sports continually since the American League was founded in 1901 and for the vast majority of that time, we have supported losers - abject losers. We aren't nearly as fickle as the LA contingency and if we have a team here that at least tries to succeed on and off the field, we will support them. The only way we won't is if you run them the way Dan Snyder has run this one and truly, he is a generational talent in this regard. 

21 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I have to disagree about being okay with the team leaving. Most people were upset with the name change so the team moving would be even worse IMHO. The one that needs to leave is Snyder. He's a disgrace to the franchise and the NFL.

If things don't get better by 2027, I would not be suprised if enough folks were fine with splitting between Ravens, Panthers, and Steelers that haven't already for there to not be much outrage over it.

And don't expect those franchises not to get in the way of an expansion team if it does happen, think what Angelos did to try to stop DC from getting the Nationals on steroids and from multiple directions. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

So I'm a dumb-dumb idiot but with the news of the Silver Line extending all the way to Ashburn being finished, why not just build it on the land they currently lease for the headquarters?

What I don't know is how far the projected Silver Line stops are from the quarry area they are considering, as well as from Redskins Park.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

So I'm a dumb-dumb idiot but with the news of the Silver Line extending all the way to Ashburn being finished, why not just build it on the land they currently lease for the headquarters?

Based off rumors their actual preferred location with dc out of the picture is right across from Dulles in Loudon which is about 10 mins from the park Which does have the silver line running through it 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

What I don't know is how far the projected Silver Line stops are from the quarry area they are considering, as well as from Redskins Park.

I think the quarry area is right across from Dulles right? If so seems like it would be one of the two Dulles stops 

01A71AC2-6BD3-4DED-9949-D88F64527827.gif

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think the quarry area is right across from Dulles right? If so seems like it would be one of the two Dulles stops 

Y'all talking about the old Luck Stone Quarry? 🤔

32 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Y'all talking about the old Luck Stone Quarry? 🤔

Not sure if that's what it used to be called or not. 

According to the Washington Business Journal, the Commanders tried to purchase land in Loudoun County, Virginia. The site is near the planned Innovation Center Metro station on the Silver Line. 

Meanwhile, two sources directly familiar with the stadium search tell the Washington Business Journal that the Ashburn-headquartered Commanders previously made an offer to acquire Waterside, the rebranded vision for what is now the Loudoun Quarries near the Innovation Center Metro station on the Silver Line. That offer, however, was not accepted by the quarry’s owner, Chantilly Crushed Stone, an affiliate of the Gudelsky Group, sources say. One source said the offer was for double what the team paid in Woodbridge.

• Thanks 1