Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I can't outright hate Heinicke. After that fumble recovery with DeAndre Carter, I simply can't hate him. But I hate the way he makes me sit on the edge of my seat while we flail in the water.

I don't think anyone hates him, hes kinda been put in a position that's worse than an uphill battle, either way this experiment is over imo yeah let him finish out the year I guess but as a long term prospect its a no go imo. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I can't outright hate Heinicke. After that fumble recovery with DeAndre Carter, I simply can't hate him. But I hate the way he makes me sit on the edge of my seat while we flail in the water.

I don’t hate the dude at all.

I respect him as a player.  I have no doubts he’s giving it his all at the most difficult position in professional sports, and he has less natural tools than anyone else doing it.

But…

That doesn’t mean I can’t laugh about the Hive airing out everyone questioning him as “haters”.

Its almost sad how predictable it all is.  I literally said in response to some of the very generous contract discussions, that we’ll all probably get a good laugh out of those debates by November.  Here we are the end of October having seen enough.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Yeah I don't hate him at all. He's fun to watch, he plays seriously gutsy ball, and he seems like an all around good dude. But I'm just not sure he has the tools to be a legit long term NFL starter. I'll still hold any full judgement until the whole season plays out most likely, but IMO he's currently trending towards "very good backup" territory (which is still pretty damn good for a UDFA who was sleeping on his sister's couch this time last year).

• Like 1

Nruh, you didn't, you messed up diving too soon, admit it and move on.

I'm going to like him less if he starts making excuses for himself.  First he's mad, then he's a perfectionist, then he challenges the refs on their calls.  Weak sauce, bro.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure why he would think he got in the second time in any capacity.  Im sure they showed this to him.

He fumbles almost immediately, prior to crossing, gets it back but the ball is immediately dead and he cannot advance it.

I dont think he knows certain rules, otherwise he wouldn't of tried to dive in the endzone on third down.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Nruh, you didn't, you messed up diving too soon, admit it and move on.

I'm going to like him less if he starts making excuses for himself.  First he's mad, then he's a perfectionist, then he challenges the refs on their calls.  Weak sauce, bro.

🎵 reverse car washhh 🎵

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This is a 7th seed or bust year. 

How we’ve seen him only keep one RO in 7 games is criminal. He should be given QB draws from time to time and an occasional goal line QB power. 

Protecting mediocrity by all involved. Awesome, he preserved himself the last 6 weeks, what’s there to show for it. 

Maybe he’s not comfortable with RPO and ROs is a possibility. Weeks back I attempted to find him doing QB designed run stuff, but that wasn’t really present in the highlights I consumed. 

Alright, that’s my once a week mention of how his running ability should be used MUCH more. 

Edited by wit33

Should have had a rule book in the stands to show him when he did his leap.

That's gonna haunt him forever.

Heini "I did the  Lambo Leap one time"

Fan " you mean when you kneeled down instead of scoring a TD?"

Heini "I blame the refs"

Fan "Then you came up short and fumbled"

Heini "well the Packers are really good"

Fan "they allowed 15 for 15 TDs in the redzone for the first time in 30 years before that"

Heini "they have a brilliant defensive coordinator"

Joe Barry "Hey kids, remember me?"

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Should have had a rule book in the stands to show him when he did his leap.

That's gonna haunt him forever.

Heini "I did the  Lambo Leap one time"

Fan " you mean when you kneeled down instead of scoring a TD?"

Heini "I blame the refs"

Fan "Then you came up short and fumbled"

Heini "well the Packers are really good"

Fan "they allowed 15 for 15 TDs in the redzone for the first time in 30 years before that"

Heini "they have a brilliant defensive coordinator"

Joe Barry "Hey kids, remember me?"

• Like 1