Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Kyle Allen's throws were much better than Heinicke's floaters in the limited games he played in last season.  

I'd be open to a fun little backup QB competition. I think Heinicke is an excellent back up. But competition breeds excellence. Or in our case slightly better mediocrity. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I haven't seen a QB single handedly grab defeat from the jaws of mediocrity in a very long time. Its insane how far up the Heini Hole some people have their heads.

Get this ****ing guy outta here already.

I promise I’m not trolling. I’ll be crying after Thursday when Arizona whips us. 

Just now, ThePackisback said:

I promise I’m not trolling. I’ll be crying after Thursday when Arizona whips us. 

I've tried to explain it to you before but I'll try again...

I think you genuinely mean what you are saying. I really, really do.

But none of us want to hear it. It comes across as fairly unbelievable. It wasn't a close game. Yes, we had more yards, etc. But you guys played like the better football team. We out statted you, your team won.

It comes across as chastising rather than encouraging. 

Do you. But don't expect people here to be accepting of it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I've tried to explain it to you before but I'll try again...

I think you genuinely mean what you are saying. I really, really do.

But none of us want to hear it. It comes across as fairly unbelievable. It wasn't a close game. Yes, we had more yards, etc. But you guys played like the better football team. We out statted you, your team won.

It comes across as chastising rather than encouraging. 

Do you. But don't expect people here to be accepting of it. 

I totally understand. I won’t do it anymore. I promise.

• Sad 1

This is why I said I wanted to see more of the guy. Its not enough to just try really hard in the NFL. I take back what I said about Him being about as good as I expect from Fitz. I expect at least average form Fitz in most games. I'm got getting average from Taylor right now. 

Again, there is something to be said for NFL coordinators getting tape on you and seeing what you like to do. Those wounded duck balls were eventually going to start getting picked off cause they were way too consistent. And now cats are just waiting for them. And thats to say nothing about what happens once teams start taking away what you like and do well and forcing you to do something else. He hasnt adjusted and I dont think he will unfortunately. Im glad we got to see him though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

He played well though. He outplayed Rodgers.

Taylor Heineke's best day isn't as good as Rodgers worst.

That said, Rodgers just flicks his wrist and sends perfectly placed balls to your pass catchers on a regular basis, as he did yesterday.

I realize you're trying to be nice and all, but it's like telling a 350lb. woman she's not fat.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Taylor Heineke's best day isn't as good as Rodgers worst.

That said, Rodgers just flicks his wrist and sends perfectly placed balls to your pass catchers on a regular basis, as he did yesterday.

I realize you're trying to be nice and all, but it's like telling a 350lb. woman she's not fat.  

I’ll stick to talking football. I don’t want to irritate you guys.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is why I said I wanted to see more of the guy. Its not enough to just try really hard in the NFL. I take back what I said about Him being about as good as I expect from Fitz. I expect at least average form Fitz in most games. I'm got getting average from Taylor right now.

Fitzpatrick throws a better ball, but is less mobile.  They are essentially the same quarterback.  It was just three years ago where he threw for over 400 yards and only managed to net 3 total points against us.  Look at Fitzpatrick's last 7 starts (not counting the Chargers game this season) compared to Heinicke's 6 (7 total games because of the Chargers game in relief):

Fitzpatrick:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2020/#157-164-sum:stats

Heinicke:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HeinTa00.htm#9-15-sum:stats

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Not sure why you need one more game SIP. It’s pretty clear what he is and based on your assessment right now that seems about right to me.

lol, I just try to be a man of my word so I am sticking to it. :ols:  But my leaning I've made as clear as a bell.  

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There was a dude in the gameday thread doing much of the same.  He was basically just here to troll, used to like the team, but now is only back to troll on behalf of TH.

Going on and on about how Terry got hit in the chest in the end zone.  

Which to be fair is true, Terry absolutely should have caught that ball.  It just falls on really deaf ears, when Terry has done nothing but bail out Taylor's floaters and just all around ducks since he began starting. 

Yeah Terry has been great for Heinicke.  Heinicke himself has talked about it.  So he's human he mistimed his dive on the catch in the end zone, stuff happens.  He had if I recall the longest streak in the NFL for not dropping a ball until last week or something like that.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

It's such a MASSIVE drop off after the top five, though.  It would realistically be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 13.

Vikings are good as much as I hate to say. They  lost to the Cardinals cause they missed a game winning FG. We shall see how well they do vs Dallas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

That Lambeau Leap is going to be the new Gus self concussion moment.  The Heinicke Hive had a nice run, but it's over.  Time to put it to bed.  It should be Kyle Allen for the rest of the season to see if it's going to be him or Heinicke as the backup going forward.  

Heinicke fell to the ground in a lump. I call it the Lambeau Lump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Terry is bailing Taylor out A LOT this year.  I've lost count of the number of crazy heaves and other throws Terry has turned into sportscenter plays.  Blaming Terry for Taylor's play or our loss yesterday is delusional, hes making Taylor look better then he is.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

90-95% of sports radio callers leave a lot to be desired.  I've never quite understood why they tend to put on many of the same callers regularly either.  It's incredibly rare that any caller makes me think "You know, that dude has a point.".  It's not surprising to me that they are talking about Terry being overrated.  

I don't think that many people actually call in, so they put on the people who do.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No he’s not.  What you’re seeing is the effect of his limitations on the entire team.  He doesn’t have the ability to throw into tight windows.  Now that DCs know how to play him, he’s become significantly more limited.  

He will have the odd spectacular throw/catch, and he can absolutely make thing s happen with his legs.  

He’s a backup.  He’s probably a good backup.   Maybe a top 10 backup.  He’s nowhere near starting caliber in the NFL. He doesn’t have the physical tools.  Sorry.  It’s like somebody my size 6-1, 200lbs trying to play power forward for the Knicks.  You might try like hell, but in the end, it’s not going to work.  

He definitely is better then 5-6 other starting qbs in the league.

8 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He definitely is better then 5-6 other starting qbs in the league.

Sure, he's probably better right now than Fields, Wilson, Mills, Geno Smith, and Winston.

But that's not saying much since 3 of those guys are rookies and the other 2 are career backups who got a second shot.