Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Panthers

KDawg

What’s crazy is even after gifting the panthers a Td, gifting the panthers the worst qb performance of the year for 3 1/2 quarters, gifting the panthers a terrible Scott turner, and the refs gifting the panthers the some huge calls, we still were in this thing.

the D is real. Sign Darby long term. Get another ILB. Sell all out for a qb. If we do these things, which we’re able to with our cap and picks, we can make some actual noise going forward.

I’m back at the point of indifference for next week after yesterday, to be honest. 

If we win... cool. Playoffs. 

If we lose? Cool. Decent draft position.

I’m with @Koolblue13. That game took a lot out of my sails. It was poorly handled from a coaching standpoint, poorly played from an offensive and special teams standpoint and at times from a defensive standpoint. 

I’m good with whatever now. But I just want it to be competitive. 

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My need list:

I'd put OL in there...probly at 7 instead of linebacker, maybe as high as 5.  I'm not saying our unit is bad...just injured.  I mean,  think about Moses; that mans wheels are about to come off.  Guy is tough as nails, and its hammered into our psyche that somehow he'll get out there, even if in a wheel chair, and manage to block.  But this ain't gonna be the case.

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

I'd put OL in there...probly at 7 instead of linebacker, maybe as high as 5.  I'm not saying our unit is bad...just injured.  I mean,  think about Moses; that mans wheels are about to come off.  Guy is tough as nails, and its hammered into our psyche that somehow he'll get out there, even if in a wheel chair, and manage to block.  But this ain't gonna be the case.

OL depends a lot on what we do with Scherff and Roullier. We need depth for sure at this point... 

Just now, KDawg said:

OL depends a lot on what we do with Scherff and Roullier. We need depth for sure at this point... 

Charles is the wildcard here.  He looked good in his two plays in the Giant game LOL.  Maybe the staff thinks he can handle being a future LT?  O-lineman make their biggest jump from Y1 to Y2.

16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Pretty sure you can't put a player on the COVID list and isolating them unless they test positive.

If they break COVID protrocols but test negative, the team tests the player for:

- Second negative test within 24 hours of initial negative test

- Increased symptom monitoring

- Eight days of daily virus testing

- Regular testing schedule thereafter

I'm pretty sure they did all of that with Haskins.

If only COVID had "Being a complete knucklehead" as a symptom, we could have put Haskins on the list after he got benched and kept him there indefinitely. 

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m back at the point of indifference for next week after yesterday, to be honest. 

If we win... cool. Playoffs. 

If we lose? Cool. Decent draft position.

I’m with @Koolblue13. That game took a lot out of my sails. It was poorly handled from a coaching standpoint, poorly played from an offensive and special teams standpoint and at times from a defensive standpoint. 

I’m good with whatever now. But I just want it to be competitive. 

Agreed on all fronts, said as much in another thread just a little while ago.

But you touched on something of great importance that didn’t cross my mind.  The game needs to be competitive.  If they come out and get trounced, it will sting for 9 months.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I was enjoying the good vibes during the brief win streak, but I don't have confidence in this front office or rebuild.  The offensive coaching staff is so weak and Rivera is not a top tier coach.  He certainly should not have GM power.  We are going to have to snatch back a ton of power from him to get better and it's going to be a mess to do it.

This organization needs a good GM as the first piece of the rebuild.  Need better and more experienced offensive coaches and we need a vet QB to function.  Turner is no coaching prodigy like the string of good offensive coaches we let slip away, and there is just zero chance that this outfit can successfully draft and develop a young QB and properly support them.

It sucks not having any hope for the WFT or Wizards.  Those were my two teams.  Haven't felt this detached from either of them in a long time.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I was enjoying the good vibes during the brief win streak, but I don't have confidence in this front office or rebuild.  The offensive coaching staff is so weak and Rivera is not a top tier coach.  He certainly should not have GM power.  We are going to have to snatch back a ton of power from him to get better and it's going to be a mess to do it.

This organization needs a good GM as the first piece of the rebuild.  Need better and more experienced offensive coaches and we need a vet QB to function.  Turner is no coaching prodigy like the string of good offensive coaches we let slip away, and there is just zero chance that this outfit can successfully draft and develop a young QB and properly support them.

It sucks not having any hope for the WFT or Wizards.  Those were my two teams.  Haven't felt this detached from either of them in a long time.

Are you just saying this because Haskins has not panned out like you think he should have?

4 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Are you just saying this because Haskins has not panned out like you think he should have?

I think the FO did a horrible job with Haskins, that's no surprise.  I think it's one part of the significant roster mismanagement that Rivera has been guilty of since he got here.  He's been a bad GM.  But I think people are so glad he's not Bruce Allen that they've given him a pass for how bad he's been.

More than that, the coaching this year has been, on the whole, really disappointing.  All kinds of incomprehensible mistakes and inconsistency and outright incompetence on offense.  We need to start over on that side of the ball, and we need an overhaul of the front office that includes hiring a true GM.  That's what I need to see to buy in.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the FO did a horrible job with Haskins, that's no surprise.  I think it's one part of the significant roster mismanagement that Rivera has been guilty of since he got here.  He's been a bad GM.  But I think people are so glad he's not Bruce Allen that they've given him a pass for how bad he's been.

More than that, the coaching this year has been, on the whole, really disappointing.  All kinds of incomprehensible mistakes and inconsistency and outright incompetence on offense.  We need to start over on that side of the ball, and we need an overhaul of the front office that includes hiring a true GM.  That's what I need to see to buy in.

You can blame Ron for not getting value in trades but he had one of the best FA classes and drafts of this season

Just now, method man said:

You can blame Ron for not getting value in trades but he had one of the best FA classes and drafts of this season

I don't think our players have/had as much trade value as people think.

It wasn't a Bruce Allen situation where he could have had a 1st for Trent but said no. By the time Ron got here, the assets had depreciated considerably.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't think our players have/had as much trade value as people think.

It wasn't a Bruce Allen situation where he could have had a 1st for Trent but said no. By the time Ron got here, the assets had depreciated considerably.

Fair on Trent but should’ve gotten maybe a tad more for Dunbar

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Fair on Trent but should’ve gotten maybe a tad more for Dunbar

I mean Dunbar was terrible this year and is now injured...again. I think a 5th rounder ended up being pretty fair in retrospect. Lets not make him out like he was Jalen Ramsey.

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How has Rivera been a bad GM?  And how has the roster underperformed?  I'm not seeing either of these two things.

You phrase it like he should be fired when the season ends.

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How has Rivera been a bad GM?  And how has the roster underperformed?  I'm not seeing either of these two things.

You phrase it like he should be fired when the season ends.

This roster should have won 9+ games.  The Giants and Carolina losses were bad and the product of bad decision making and bad coaching.  He had a top five defense and might end up going 6-10.  That's just not very good.

I don't have confidence in this regime, I wouldn't care if everyone was fired at the end of the season and we start over again by first hiring a real GM and turning the franchise over to him.  In fact, I'd think it could save us three or four years of disappointment.  I don't think the team is going to make the changes necessary to salvage this rebuild this off-season.  I think it's unlikely they force a GM on Ron and strip personnel power from him even though that needs to happen.  And I do not think he's going to clean house on his offensive staff even though he needs to hire a new coordinator at minimum.  AFAIC, doing those two things would be fixing major mistakes from the rebuilding and hiring process from last off-season and that's how you begin to salvage this rebuild without completely starting over.

Archived