Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The War on Christmas

Cooked Crack

18 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I very seriously doubt that Santa & his partner were "sexualized" in the book, I would assume (yes, I know what that means) that it's explained that Santa "loves" someone. 

(And I would hope it's explained that it doesn't matter WHO Santa loves, just that he's lucky to have found it.)

Now I know what I’m getting you for Christmas! 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I’ve noticed more people are decorating for Xmas in the neighborhoods near my house, this year.

Economy is recovering, but i've just noticed you have an Christmas inflatable in front of your house, and i couldn't be happier to hear it.  

Do you save all your end of the world hot takes from your doomsday fortune cookie dispenser for the internet and are actually Clark Griswold in real life?

I figured you were the life of the party for political hot takes at Thanksgiving, now I'm not so sure. :ols:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I very seriously doubt that Santa & his partner were "sexualized" in the book, I would assume (yes, I know what that means) that it's explained that Santa "loves" someone. 

(And I would hope it's explained that it doesn't matter WHO Santa loves, just that he's lucky to have found it.)

Nope, I’ve read it. Santa and his boyfriend were gettin’ it on with elves while Mrs. Claus watched.  Pretty hardcore stuff.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, clietas said:

Available Santa's Down only 10%? 

Question should really be why is there such an excess demand for Santa's? Up 121%? 🤔

demand is to drum up business with everyone having spent the last two years becoming extra comfortable doing essentially all shopping online.  anywhere parents take kids, money is spent.  I’m surprise demand isn’t up more.  

Supply only being down 10% is the real surprise.  Kids remain largely unvaccinated and mall Santa’s are usually old fat men, a high risk category.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel like the sled dumping presents on his head was a dead giveaway that it was a photoshop. 

Hope you're right. Although we all know that the "Donald Trump wouldn't be that big a monster" folder is completely empty. 

• Haha 1

The Washington Post's style critic, who is a fantastic writer, described Trump's white-tie tux thusly, which is one of those things that hit the nail so squarely on the head that it has stuck with me.

For any man to bungle white-tie dress — something so regimented, so steeped in tradition, so well-documented — he must be a man who doesn’t bother with the details, who doesn’t avail himself of ready expertise, who refuses to be a student of history or even of Google. White-tie attire is more science than art. The fit of the tailcoat is just so. Great flapping yards of the white waistcoat are not meant to hang below the jacket. The sleeves should not stretch to the base of the thumb. The jacket is not to be buttoned. And so on. White tie is fact-based. One cannot fudge it. One does not make white-tie decisions based on one’s gut, lest one end up with the gut overly exposed.

The president’s iteration of white tie at the state banquet at Buckingham Palace was, in a word, a mess. The waistcoat was too long and too tight. The tailcoat did not fit. The trousers were voluminous. And the man himself looked so ill at ease in the whole unfortunate kit that his awkwardness loomed over him like Pig-Pen’s dust cloud.

The visual was of a man who looked out of place — by his own hand — at a moment of high formality and ceremony intended to convey comity.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1