Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The War on Christmas

Cooked Crack

Those seem more like things for the Uplifting Stories than the War on Christmas.

'Tis the season, once again: Evangelicals must save Christmas from an imaginary enemy

Here comes my favorite season of the evangelical political calendar. It's time for the righteous war to save Christmas from the evil progressives with their "Happy Holidays" and their zero-tolerance policy for nativity scenes. Those heartless liberals will attempt once again to destroy the true meaning of Christmas, burn down all the Christmas trees (not just the one outside the Fox News building), spell it as "Xmas" and generally rip all mention of God from this holiest of holidays. 

No of course I don't believe any of that, despite my personal background as an evangelical pastor. In truth, this yet another political and cultural issue that has been created entirely out of whole cloth by the great distaction agents of the evangelical Republican machine. I believe this issue perfectly illustrates the blueprint behind the evangelical approach to politics. They start with a fake issue that requires no grounding in scripture, zero biblical evidence and zero change for anyone within their own group. It is easily identifiable and pushes emotional buttons, which makes it an easy money-raising grift for politicians and pastors, and reliably provides a seasonal ratings boost for Fox News. It's another issue where evangelicals get to pretend they are fighting for God's cause while in fact ignoring every issue that affects God's people. Lastly, they get to declare victory every year because, no matter what Donald Trump and any number of leading evangelicals may claim, there never was a war on Christmas conducted by liberals, atheists, Muslims, Jews, godless Communists and other infidels. 

Click on the link for the rest

• Like 5

morning holiday headline salvo from the immoral delusional mercenary traitorous  ****-eaters that work for fox news to the mindless ****-eating fox viewers

forget the phony lib distraction of 'jan 6' (which was all antifa anyway), this is the real threat to our nation

Wreaths Across America 'carpet-bombing' veteran cemeteries with 'Christian gang sign,' nonprofit says

SECULARIST GROUP TARGETS DECADES-LONG TRADITION OF LAYING WREATHS ON SOLDIERS' TOMBS

no link included :D

Wreaths Across America 'carpet-bombing' veteran cemeteries with 'Christian gang sign,' nonprofit says

• Haha 1

Family's Rudolph decoration repeatedly attacked by real deer

A British Columbia woman said the red-nosed Rudolph decoration has proven to be an irresistible target for aggressive local deer, despite its incandescent snout.

Arlene Chmelyk of Fort Nelson said her family first repurposed the 3D archery target, made in the size and shape of a white-tailed deer, into "Rudolph the Red-Nosed White-Tail" about 5 years ago, and they quickly discovered local deer apparently couldn't tell the difference.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=415624293634072

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Haha 1

How the War on Christmas Became America’s Latest Forever War

ast week, a random New York City man made his mark on history by allegedly setting ablaze the 50-foot USA-themed Christmas tree outside the Fox News Channel’s headquarters. The fire was almost certainly not a political statement, having been set by a homeless man who recently exposed himself to reporters covering a trial elsewhere. But the rogue arsonist played a perfect part in a narrative that Fox largely invented, and has propagated relentlessly over the past two decades: the “War on Christmas,” a never-ending cultural conflict during which traditional, explicitly Christian celebrations of the holiday season are under assault from the sinister forces of secular pluralism.

Tucker Carlson declared the fire a “hate crime.” Correspondent Peter Doocy quizzed White House press secretary Jen Psaki on the subject during a press briefing. It wasn’t just an attack on an “American icon,” to quote “Fox & Friends” host Ainsley Earhardt; it was direct evidence of a deeper rot in liberal governance. In Joe Biden’s America, to hear Fox tell it, not even our most anodyne and sentimental traditions are safe from rising crime in blue cities and states governed by bail-happy progressives.

You’d be forgiven for thinking the War on Christmas ended a long time ago, if it ever existed. Dec. 25 is still a holiday. Christmas trees, eggnog and lights are ubiquitous, seemingly more so every year. And if there was any doubt, Donald Trump — who proclaimed himself the war’s General Patton during the 2016 presidential campaign — took a victory lap of sorts on a recent Mike Huckabee-hosted Newsmax Christmas special: “When I started campaigning, I said, ‘You’re going to say “Merry Christmas” again,’ and now, people are saying it.”

And yet: According to a recent poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University, more Americans believe such a “War on Christmas” exists than at any point in the past decade.

It hasn’t just survived, it’s taken over. The “War on Christmas” has turned out to be simply a battle, a minor skirmish in a far larger war. Its hazily-defined, Bush-era complaint about encroaching liberal oppression and perfidy is now a part of our political landscape for good, coloring debates from criminal justice reform to election law to foreign policy. A conflict invented to fill right-wing cable airtime in the early 2000s has expanded to chase the endless boundaries of the social media era, subsuming the rest of the political landscape.

Click on the link for the full article

^^ interesting stuff

this a.m. john avalon did a great 'reality check' segment on cnn where he went back to how the john birch society were a big part of the early  'war effort' form the 30's to 60's , tho  way back then to me it seemed more 'holy war' ala xtain  religion v jews

mooslims had to wait their turn cuz back then real patriots were focused on 'the jews' and the rooskies who were hated as commies instead of welcomed as staunch allies as with today's gop

the jb society and their hangout "stores" was my old destination for interacting with irredeemable rightwing racist asswipe morons

i thought it was more a small percentage  of the gop back then but i learned over time that vermin like the jbs represented a much larger slice of the republican party than i would have ever thought in my youthful innocence, though i still was off given how the trump years made it even more clear how deep and broad all that ugly garbage---and not 'just' racism--ran through the gop demographic

• Thanks 2