Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I got the Pfizer booster on the same day and got pretty bad side effects.  Fever, chills, joint pain, headache, fatigue.  Last night was the worst portion of it but it's passing quickly today.  It's how I know it worked I guess, but it took me by surprise after I had virtually no side effects following the first two doses.

Steve I am glad you are starting to feel better,

I got my Moderna booster on Wednesday at 5pm.  Woke up yesterday morning sore from shot location on my upper arm, across my shoulders and a headache.  I still worked from home, so it wasn't that debilitating.  But yesterday evening, the soreness had crept all over and I started feeling warm, took some tylenol and went to bed.  Woke up this morning feeling brand new again.

• Like 6

Parents will have to wait for a coronavirus vaccine for their young children after Pfizer and BioNTech announced Friday that they are modifying their clinical trial to include a third shot at least two months after the initial two-dose regimen for children under age 5.

The companies reported that two doses of the pediatric vaccine failed in 2-, 3- and 4-year-olds to trigger an immune response comparable to what was generated in teens and older adults. The vaccine did generate an adequate immune response in children 6 months to 2 years old.

Actual convo I had on Twitter today...

Eagles fan: WFT had one of the lowest vaccination rates at the beginning of the season, no wonder they're getting hit hard with COVID.

Me: (shows link to article back in August where Rivera says the team is at 90% vaccinated)

Eagles fan: Well, it's probably much lower than 90% now.

Me:

giphy.gif

• Haha 12

I got the Moderna booster at noon today. Arm has been getting more sore and tight as the evening goes on, same as before. On my previous shots I got a headache around 9 pm, so we'll see. I'm fully expecting symptoms like my second shot - being hit by a dump truck the next day (body aches all over, but no fever or anything else).

Edit, Added * - Last night I found out that my conservative family out in Salt Lake have it. All six in their house...uncle, aunt, her nephew and his wife and their two children. My uncle and aunt are both in their 70's and were apparently given ivermectin.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I have COVID. I got tested at work and got my result today. I feel fine. I have sinus congestion but that’s about it. 

i have both shots and the booster. 

Get well soon. Glad you did the right things by getting vaxxed and boosted, so hopefully it stays mild. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I have COVID. I got tested at work and got my result today. I feel fine. I have sinus congestion but that’s about it. 

i have both shots and the booster. 

They say vaxxed people  who get breakthrough infection and recover end up with super immunity, so hopefully you have a near asymptomatic covid that clears up soon and you'll be in a even better position.  Hope you get well soon.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just got my Pfizer booster today.  I dunno, I say hydrate up before the shot, then afterwards, get drunk as hell, take some advil and go to bed.  It worked for the 2nd shot, so far so good for the booster.  :P :cheers:

Edit:  I'm no doctor or expert........but I have watched a lot of Chicago Med.........just sayin :rofl89:

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, zskins said:

That is good. Well at least you now have ‘super immunity’ to COVID-19. 

Since he had Covid already, and then got both shots of the vaccine and the booster shouldn't he have already had superimmunity?  Yet he got it again.  I'm not buying the 'superimmunity' claim.  What does that even mean?  That you'll only get mild symptoms?  Isn't that what the vax and booster are supposed to do?  What makes it 'superimmunity'?

6 minutes ago, China said:

Since he had Covid already, and then got both shots of the vaccine and the booster shouldn't he have already had superimmunity?  Yet he got it again.  I'm not buying the 'superimmunity' claim.  What does that even mean?  That you'll only get mild symptoms?  Isn't that what the vax and booster are supposed to do?  What makes it 'superimmunity'?

Here is more detail on it...

Breakthrough infections greatly enhance immune response to variants of the virus that causes COVID-19, according to a newly published study from Oregon Health & Science University.

The laboratory results, published online ahead of print today in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), reveals that a breakthrough infection generates a robust immune response against the delta variant. Authors say the findings suggest the immune response is likely to be highly effective against other variants as the SARS-CoV-2 virus continues to mutate.

The study is the first to use live SARS-CoV-2 variants to measure cross-neutralization of blood serum from breakthrough cases.

Fikadu Tafesse Ph.D
Fikadu Tafesse, Ph.D.

“You can’t get a better immune response than this,” said senior author Fikadu Tafesse, Ph.D., assistant professor of molecular microbiology and immunology in the OHSU School of Medicine. “These vaccines are very effective against severe disease. Our study suggests that individuals who are vaccinated and then exposed to a breakthrough infection have super immunity.”

https://news.ohsu.edu/2021/12/16/breakthrough-infections-generate-super-immunity-to-covid-19-study-suggests

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

I’m super human now. 

As of today. I officially have zero symptoms. No sinus infection or congestion. Nada. 

scheduling two COVID tests so that I can go visit my family. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m super human now. 

As of today. I officially have zero symptoms. No sinus infection or congestion. Nada. 

scheduling two COVID tests so that I can go visit my family. 

So superimmunity fixes ankles?

• Haha 6
  • Thumb down 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:54 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Just got my Pfizer booster today.  I dunno, I say hydrate up before the shot, then afterwards, get drunk as hell, take some advil and go to bed.  It worked for the 2nd shot, so far so good for the booster.  :P :cheers:

Edit:  I'm no doctor or expert........but I have watched a lot of Chicago Med.........just sayin :rofl89:

Well I spoke too soon.  I got my booster Friday at 6:00 pm and was perfectly fine yesterday up until close to 2:00 pm (roughly 20 hours after) and then I became extremely tired, couldn't stop yawning and stretching (which felt like a full body stretch right when you wake up in the morning).  By 3:30 pm, just walking around the house, my legs felt heavy, etc.  Went upstairs to take a shower around 4:00 pm and had almost zero energy when I got to the shower.

I wasn't out of breath or anything like that, just extreme fatigue and feeling weak in my muscles (specifically legs).  Took a nap around 4:45 pm until 7:00 pm, felt better, but still felt off.  By 9:00 pm, felt exhausted, went to bed at 9:15 pm and woke up a few times during the night and had chills.  Slept until 7:30 am and feel normal today.  

One thing that was weird was after I woke up yesterday, I drank a ton of water, unsweetened tea the entire day, was fully hydrated, but my lips were extremely dry.  So annoying.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro