Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I would make unemployment and welfare benefits unavailable to the unvaccinated.

If your unvaccinated and get COVID; your insurance should deny paying any medical expenses.

Welfare is going too far, thats really for the kids, who shouldn't suffer because of the parents not wanting the vaccine.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I would make unemployment and welfare benefits unavailable to the unvaccinated.

If your unvaccinated and get COVID; your insurance should deny paying any medical expenses.

You gonna do the same for smokers? How about the morbidly obese who spend their benefits on junk food?  I’m not saying I’m against it. But it’s a slippery slope.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mojo said:

You gonna do the same for smokers? How about the morbidly obese who spend their benefits on junk food?  I’m not saying I’m against it. But it’s a slippery slope.

Insurance companies have been charging a premium for smokers for the past 15-20 years (pretty sure this is accurate) (my highlights).

The next time you sign up for health insurance, you’ll be asked whether you smoke and how often. If you smoke or vape or chew tobacco regularly, you can count on being hit with a hefty premium increase of up to 50%, either at work or if you’re buying an Affordable Care Act (ACA) Obamacare plan on the Exchange Marketplace.

Despite the deadly dangers of smoking — with lung cancer now the No. 1 cancer threat to men and women — 34 million Americans still smoke regularly (14% ) and another 6 million use vaping nicotine inhalers. The Federal Drug Administration labeled inhalers as “tobacco products” in 2016, and, therefore, so do most health insurers. With that ruling, you can say the old tobacco policies went up in smoke. So if you smoke or vape, you need to understand the legislation and the probable higher costs of your health insurance. Not to be cheeky, but you’ll pay through the nose. 

https://healthcareinsider.com/health-insurance-smokers-42747

And also charge you more if you're obese (not sure how long before ACA this was true). 

The Affordable Care Act changed the health insurance industry. According to the act, insurers cannot charge higher health insurance premiums to people with pre-existing medical conditions. Unfortunately, obesity is not considered a pre-existing condition, so insurers can charge higher premiums when providing health insurance for obese people. Generally, people with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher can expect to pay more each month for health insurance. In some cases, health insurance for obese people costs 25 to 50 percent more than coverage for people with a BMI below 30. 

https://www.freewayinsurance.com/knowledge-center/health-insurance/understanding-health-insurance/health-insurance-for-obese-people/

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, mojo said:

My pervious company makes you sign something saying you are not a smoker so that you can register for their insurance. I dont know what happens if you dont sign it, everyone just lies. One girl got caught smoking outside and quit about a month later. Im not sure the incidents where connected but everyone seemed to think they were. 

Random story. I only really remember cause she was (smoking) hot

• Haha 3

On 8/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Vax rates, roughly:

Iceland 70%

Vermont 68%
UK 64%

Israel 62%

Mississippi 36%

It is a GQP problem.  

You can either try and fix it or you can engage in pathetic whataboutism and post charts about Pakistan.

I can't speak to the rest of these numbers but Vermont is at 81.6 percent which makes me wonder if the rest of these numbers are accurate. 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:36 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Edited by redskinss

27 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I can't speak to the rest of these numbers but Vermont is at 81.6 percent which makes me wonder if the rest of these numbers are accurate. 

You sure that’s not 81.6 for those 18 and over?  Overall, the rate of fully vaccinated for Vermont is 68% according to Our World in Data which sources from CDC.

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You sure that’s not 81.6 for those 18 and over?  Overall, the rate of fully vaccinated for Vermont is 68% according to Our World in Data which sources from CDC.

It's 12 and over ( so only those who are eligible)

Who have at least one dose.

The number you're going off of is total population so it includes kids who aren't eligible. 

I assumed for the sake of our argument we only wanted to use people who are eligible for the vaccine.

Edited by redskinss

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's 12 and over ( so only those who are eligible)

Who have at least one dose.

The number you're going off of is total population so it includes kids who aren't eligible. 

I assumed for the sake of our argument we only wanted to use people who are eligible for the vaccine.

I look at it as we are trying to prevent the spread so we look at fully vaccinated/total population.  And that’s what TTB’s numbers indicate.  Folks with one dose of Pfizer or Moderna aren’t really vaccinated, though it’s a good indicator of future vaccination (I’m assuming here).

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I look at it as we are trying to prevent the spread so we look at fully vaccinated/total population.  And that’s what TTB’s numbers indicate.  Folks with one dose of Pfizer or Moderna aren’t really vaccinated, though it’s a good indicator of future vaccination (I’m assuming here).

True, I just thought the argument was based off of who was getting the vaccine versus who is refusing.

Alright, would appreciate some feedback.  Here are the facts:

I had to travel by plane this week, Monday through Thursday.  I went to Tucson AZ, which I would estimate is generally 60/40 between mask-wearers and non when I was out eating/drinking and just at the hotel lobby.  I was on a packed plane for about 6.5 hours each way and in airports for about 6 hours.  Wore a mask the entire time I was traveling.  Had to be in a relatively large conference room with strangers all day, two days in a row, with between 3 and 8 people in the room at any given time.  That was obviously inside, but I was six feet from anyone for 90% of that time, but nobody wore masks because it made talking and listening too difficult.  Today I feel fine (at no time have I not felt totally fine) and took a rapid test this morning which was negative.  I am fully vaxxed (Pfizer).  I get a PCR test on Tuesday (they said I should wait 4 days before I get it).  This is the first time I've had to break my relatively strict Covid protocols. 

During the intervening 3 days, should I avoid close contact with my unvaxxed small kids (1 and 6)?  Or do you think I'm probably good?

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, would appreciate some feedback.  Here are the facts:

I had to travel by plane this week, Monday through Thursday.  I went to Tucson AZ, which I would estimate is generally 60/40 between mask-wearers and non when I was out eating/drinking and just at the hotel lobby.  I was on a packed plane for about 6.5 hours each way and in airports for about 6 hours.  Wore a mask the entire time I was traveling.  Had to be in a relatively large conference room with strangers all day, two days in a row, with between 3 and 8 people in the room at any given time.  That was obviously inside, but I was six feet from anyone for 90% of that time, but nobody wore masks because it made talking and listening too difficult.  Today I feel fine (at no time have I not felt totally fine) and took a rapid test this morning which was negative.  I am fully vaxxed (Pfizer).  I get a PCR test on Tuesday (they said I should wait 4 days before I get it).  This is the first time I've had to break my relatively strict Covid protocols. 

During the intervening 3 days, should I avoid close contact with my unvaxxed small kids (1 and 6)?  Or do you think I'm probably good?

I mean, if I had a free pass to avoid my family…

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

DeSantis Locks Down Florida After Spread Of Covid Vaccination Gets Out Of Hand
TALLAHASSEE, FL—Urging residents to stay in their homes and away from medical facilities, Governor Ron DeSantis locked down Florida Friday after the spread of Covid vaccinations got out of hand. “With inoculation numbers skyrocketing across the Sunshine State, I have been forced the take the extreme measure of locking Florida down to combat the vaccine spread,” said DeSantis, explaining that until CDC data shows a sustained drop in the vaccination rate, all pharmacies and clinics would be mandated to close. “I cannot stress enough the importance of wearing bicep coverings to protect yourself from Covid vaccines. Because if gone unchecked, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine variants could end up saving the lives of thousands of Floridians. So, please be on your guard.” At press time, DeSantis was encouraged by new evidence confirming that Florida’s life expectancy was steadily dropping.
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/anti-vaxx-police-officer-had-205911771.html

whoopsie daisy

A police officer who frequently voiced anti-vaccine sentiments and took horse dewormer in a misguided attempt to stave off the coronavirus has died from Covid-19.

Captain Joe Manning, 57, of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office in Georgia died on Wednesday due to complications from Covid-19, according to local broadcaster WSAV

Edited by Florgon79
  • Haha 2