Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Same.

Hopefully getting my first first shot Sunday at the Feds site here in Greensboro. They have a ton of openings btw.

Only reason I qualify is because I've smoked over 100 cigarettes in my life. Not because I have a autoimmune disease. 🤦‍♂️ Thx NC tobacco lobbyists. 

3617a177-ca93-41e9-9b4d-be165e068fd0_mq.

You're welcome.

• Haha 4

Biden to send surplus AstraZeneca vaccine doses to Mexico, Canada

President Biden’s administration plans to send millions of doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Mexico and Canada, the White House confirmed Thursday, a development that comes as the U.S. faces a surge of migrants at the southern border with Mexico.

Press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed the plans, which were first reported by Reuters and The Washington Post, but said that they were not yet finalized.

"Our first priority remains vaccinating the U.S. population, but the reality is the pandemic knows no borders,” Psaki told reporters. “Ensuring our neighbors can contain the virus is mission critical to ending the pandemic.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

How common is getting sick after the 2nd shot? My 2nd one is April 15th and I'm supposed to play a volleyball tournament(outdoors) two days after but I'm wondering if I should bow out now if its likely I'll be sick at that time.

You’ll be fine. I was rid of any symptoms within 24 hours. Wife didn’t have any symptoms. (Both Pfizer)

• Like 1

As of 4 hours ago I am officially Halfxxinated.  Honestly I felt the actual injection way less than a flu shot and so far I don't feel anything unless I press down specifically on the band aid of the injection spot. I hope this doesn't mean the second shot will be 10x as bad to make up for it.  April 15th is when I go for #2.  Pfizer for me.

• Like 8

Trump Supporters Turn On Him Over COVID-19 Vaccine In Uncomfortable CNN Segment

The coronavirus vaccine may be in short supply in much of the nation, but there are some communities where it’s a much harder sell, as CNN’s Gary Tuchman learned during a trip to Oklahoma.

In Boise City, Tuchman entered a diner and asked if anyone in the room was ready for the shot. In a county where 92 percent voted for former President Donald Trump in November, Tuchman’s query was met with silence. Not even Trump’s endorsement of the vaccine made a difference.

“Trump is a liberal New Yorker,” one Trump voter declared. “Why would we listen to him either?”

Another diner flat-out said “no” when asked if Trump’s endorsement would get him to take the vaccine.

Other diners rejected both science and government. 

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Easier said than done with many people in 1 still trying, but it looks like it's getting better by the day! 

My second shot is next weekend and I can't wait to complain about how bad my symptoms are while ignoring my family and watching the NCAA Tournament. :ols:

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, China said:

Biden to send surplus AstraZeneca vaccine doses to Mexico, Canada

President Biden’s administration plans to send millions of doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Mexico and Canada, the White House confirmed Thursday, a development that comes as the U.S. faces a surge of migrants at the southern border with Mexico.

Press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed the plans, which were first reported by Reuters and The Washington Post, but said that they were not yet finalized.

"Our first priority remains vaccinating the U.S. population, but the reality is the pandemic knows no borders,” Psaki told reporters. “Ensuring our neighbors can contain the virus is mission critical to ending the pandemic.”

Click on the link for the full article

That's the least that they can do.

They're letting everybody in.

• Haha 2

I received shot #1 yesterday. Mine was from Pfizer. Process was amazingly efficient. They are using Northlake Mall (those in Atlanta will know what I am talking about). My appointment was for 3:40PM. I walked in about 3:38PM. I walked out at 4:05PM. So a little less than 30 mins. 

No need to get there early as you are grouped based on your appt time. Also, 15 mins of my time was in observation so they could make sure I didn't have a bad reaction. So it took from 3:38PM to 3:51PM for me to walk in, get my shot, and sit in the observation area. Keep in mind, I estimated about 200 people in the same area with me. So this is a major process. 

At least in Atl - if you go through Emory (I am assuming many others are the same but maybe not), make sure to complete your consent before you go. It's very easy to do on your phone and it will save you time when you get there. My understanding is that needing to complete the paperwork when you get there can double the time. 

They scheduled my second while I was in the observation area. I go back Monday April 13th. 

Only side effect I can tell right now is my arm hurts a little where they gave me the shot. But I understand the 2nd dose is what causes the most side effects. So that's why I scheduled for Monday, not Friday - no reason to ruin a weekend... 🙂  

If you have not registered to get the vaccine yet, no matter what state, you need to do so. They are changing the requirements very quickly now. GA just went to everyone over 55 and some other groups. I registered with my cardiologist. It was easy. Oh yea, and it's all free! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I just wanna say how exciting this thread has become as I see more and more people get their turn. Exciting times for my ES brothers and sisters. 

It's one of the more hopeful threads here and I read it every day for good news. And it's good news to hear that we're not getting onerous side effects.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's one of the more hopeful threads here and I read it every day for good news. And it's good news to hear that we're not getting onerous side effects.

Speaking of side effects, as they were running through the questionnaire with me about any allergies I might have and injections I've gotten in the last two weeks, I was surprised by the last one:  botox.  Apparently botulinum toxin if given in the two weeks previous to injection can cause a reaction (I asked the nurse about it and she said they had seen it there).  BTW, botox is not just given as a cosmetic injection for smoothing wrinkles, but is also used to treat migraines.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm pretty lucky that my health is pretty good these days except for lack of stamina that I've had since my stroke. No allergies, a few prescription drugs, A1C under control. I'm hoping that the second Pfizer shot isn't so bad, I have the weekend to recover. 

I approached it differently in that I did not want to lose the weekend... 🙂  So I scheduled mine for a Monday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I approached it differently in that I did not want to lose the weekend... 🙂  So I scheduled mine for a Monday. 

Mine is scheduled for the same place, I got mine through Emory too.  Right over by where I last worked, you probably saw it. 

• Like 2

So just an update. I got Pfizer shot #1 yesterday approx 24hrs ago from right now.  The pain in my arm increased some once it got to last night, mostly if I tried to life my arm above shoulder height.  That was pretty much the peak of it.  Now I can use my arm as normal, and while I still feel a "twinge" of discomfort lifting my arm above my head, it is nothing that would prevent me from doing it if I was in situation I had to.   So looks like any side effect from Shot #1 is on the decline.

• Like 3