Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

17 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Do we really need a news article on every "breakthrough" vaccinated person that tested positive for the virus....whoever said you can't get covid by getting the vaccine? why is this even headline news?.....

Pro Covid individuals want to use breakthrough cases to say “See! It doesn’t work!” 

I prefer to think of it as this: “Everyone is going to get/be exposed Covid. You want to have a layer of protection or not?” 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mojo said:

And now the CDC is saying the delta variant is passed as easily by the vaxed as it is by unvaxed.  News like that doesn't exactly get people rushing out to get jabbed.

The Facts are if youbare vaxxed u are less likely to have severe symptoms why is nobody talking about this... the headlines are misleading into people thinking i get sick with the vaccine so whats the point...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cool, will do.  And may I ask you to save your lecture about how the CDC is to blame for our low national vaccination rate?

Because, yknow, it’s completely fraudulent.

I’m not even sure what you’re talking about..

Have a good one!

Edited by mojo

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

The Facts are if youbare vaxxed u are less likely to have severe symptoms why is nobody talking about this... the headlines are misleading into people thinking i get sick with the vaccine so whats the point...

Wait, nobody is talking about vaccines reducing the chance of severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death?

• Like 1

I think it’s going to get interesting for the NFL.  Navigating 1) vaxxed players being as contagious wrt to the delta variant vs the data showing they are far less likely to get seriously sick and 2) not wanting to punish vaxxed players vs needing to keep unvaxxed players safe.

I probably missed it, but is quarantine time for vaxxed people different?  Mainly thinking/talking about the NFL’s rules/procedures, but question applies to us ‘regular’ folk too.

3 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Maybe that it would have explained it in more detail......cause headlines are also usually click bait these days. But you knew that..

Here is the first sentence, right beneath the headline as seen on this page with no click necessary.
"Freedy went to the hospital for what he thought was a severe sunburn. He tested positive for COVID-19."
I do note you got to the "severe sunburn" part with your reading comprehension intact. I'd say right there is where it diverged from your predisposition
The smart thing to do now is shut up and try to get your foot out of your mouth.
but you knew th.. 

nah.. you probably don't.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This team is a bunch of damn fools if they don’t think the infections will affect us in a negative way now and during the season.  How many more regret stories do they need to see before they make a move for the vaccine. And God forbid one of them gets it and is severely hampered health wise.  Makes No Damn Sense. SMH. Wake up fellas! Please!

So he went to the ER because he "thought" he had a severe sunburn? Does testing positive for Covid tell the story? No it doesn't, but since you're a **** talker I will end with this. Did the story delve into the fact he opted to go home and try and fight through the virus instead of being closely monitored due to his obesity? Five days later he woke up and told his wife he couldn't breathe and he better get his ass to the ER. His infection led to pneumonia and then death due to a clot in his lungs and most likely pride. But keep talking to people like that, it makes you look cool when on an internet forum. 

Peace

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

So he went to the ER because he "thought" he had a severe sunburn? Does testing positive for Covid tell the story? No it doesn't, but since you're a **** talker I will end with this. Did the story delve into the fact he opted to go home and try and fight through the virus instead of being closely monitored due to his obesity? Five days later he woke up and told his wife he couldn't breathe and he better get his ass to the ER. His infection led to pneumonia and then death due to a clot in his lungs and most likely pride.

You try to wrap what you say in a clever cloak of “reasonable”, but the problem you are running into here is that guise has been played out by better trolls.

You’re getting the blowback you’re getting because people here who have done their part by wearing masks, quarantining, and getting vaccinated are tired of losing people and having their lives turned upside down due to ignorance, willful or otherwise.

That last part of what I quoted, for me at least, is exhibit “a” that you’re a bull****ter. Dip**** morons on the right always trying to attribute the massive increase in deaths across the world to something other than covid. “They were fat”, “they had a weak immune system”, “they were old”, and whatever other stupid convenient **** you can grasp at. Sometimes it’s supposed to be a joke, sometimes serious, but always blaming on anything else other than covid.

The number of people lost will be ONLY 700k-800k (if we’re lucky) by the end of the year and somehow trumpies, incels, anti-vaxxers, russian trolls, religious terrorists,  and general idiots will find a way to attribute that extraordinary increase in death in anything ranging from arthritis to Zika.

But keep trying to play the “offended innocent” role you’re working on, I’m sure everyone will start to believe you’re just a “good guy with a few questions” any post now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Yeah, the whole right-wing, passive aggressive pearl-clutching…”Have a nice day.”, “peace”, etc…that always manifests is totally useless.

Especially, in light of the almost certain fact that the core reason for the current anti-mask/anti-vaccine fervor is to get the death numbers up to a spot where all the “Patriots” can lay claim that more Americans lost their lives during Biden’s first year than Trump’s last year.  Now I know that may sounds irredeemably cynical, but mark my words…That is exactly what those ghouls are gonna do.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

I'm vaccinated and conservative and your opinion of me is irrlevant. The point was the vagueness of the article. I went and read the full article on a different site and got my answer. But thanks for the long drawn out "look at me look" at me post. Im well aware of how many people have passed and the actual horror that goes with it. But your point is well taken and I now realize the folly of pointing out that the article had zero details.

Peace

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, the whole right-wing, passivity aggressive pearl-clutching…”Have a nice day.”, “peace”, etc…that always manifests is totally useless.

Especially, in light of the almost certain fact that the core reason for the current anti-mask/anti-vaccine fervor is to get the death numbers up to a spot where all the “Patriots” can lay claim that more Americans lost their lives during Biden’s first year than Trump’s last year.  Now I know that may sounds irredeemably cynical, but mark my words…That is exactly what those ghouls are gonna do.

I always say peace when having a debate.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

I'm vaccinated and conservative and your opinion of me is irrlevant. The point was the vagueness of the article. I went and read the full article on a different site and got my answer. But thanks for the long drawn out "look at me look" at me post. Im well aware of how many people have passed and the actual horror that goes with it. But your point is well taken and I now realize the folly of pointing out that the article had zero details.

Peace

It sorta seemed to me like you might be trying to low key slip in the "He didn't die from covid he died from a comorbidity!" right wing dealio I've seen a bunch of times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It sorta seemed to me like you might be trying to low key slip in the "He didn't die from covid he died from a comorbidity!" right wing dealio I've seen a bunch of times.

Oh, he was.  He’s got about a dozen posts about “the Flu” in here.

And he didn’t type “Peace” on any of em.  It’s all a schtick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Peace

Smug levels over 9000 captain!!!!!

e6c6dca5-3447-4d28-b391-edcf70bdef46_text.gif.3e31c3e22fdf5bb99e86e038e4af38a8.gif

Basically every point you referenced about the article could have been easily divined from the link @China provided by hitting the little play button in the articles video.  Its the button that looks like a triangle in a circle in the picture at the top.

...a triangle is a shape with three sides.

Good luck.

"Peace".

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you’re blaming “vaccine hesitancy” on the CDC, you’re doing it wrong.

Nope.  It you're blaming it on the CDC, (or Biden.  Or AOC), you're doing it right.  Just like you're supposed to.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

I'm conservative

What exactly does that mean anymore?
Because none of what the right wing does is conservative.

None of it. The people who pretend that is what they are don't even know what it means anymore, have no idea of the tenets that made it what it was. 

You really aren't helping your case for reason here by clinging to this.

I'm conservative. But i'll be damned if i would EVER identify with what is going on now on the American right. I think that is a cabal of traitorous snakes, and what i'd like to see happen to each and every one of them is best not written in a public forum.
MY conservatism means i support a strong military, I support a free and open market, and I support as little government intrusion into our lives as possible. 
But all of that is gone. 

Current conservatives want to stick their God in everything they can, deny other religions, demonize poor people, gay people, people of color, any people that isn't them...  They tilt the market so it totally favors the richest, and have pushed back against the military when their leadership calls them for what they are, including having "conservative" media call for de-funding them because General Milley saw what he saw and said so. 
Current conservatives WORSHIP a pathological liar who has been bought by the Russians and every single one of our intelligence agencies have said so over and over, only to see  "conservatives" turn their back on them lockstep and claim that they have been compromised. Truth means nothing to these people. Right now they are pretending a violent insurrection wasn't a violent attempt to overthrow the US government by a fat ****ing loser and his following of ignorant fascists who did everything he could to install himself as a dictator. Our current 'conservatives" pretend to back the police, but only when they are cracking the skulls of the darker toned people, and have totally turned their backs on those who protected THEM when the fat **** sent his mob down to take over.

Is this who you are? 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It’s insane how ultra political this vaccine has become.

I have a friend, 56 years old, vegan diet, lives on his own farm, runs 5x a week and the most non-political guy you will ever meet. No internet or cell phone, just the local paper occasionally and he does not want the vaccine. His mentality is that he’s  healthy, he takes care of his body and he would rather let his immune system protect him than a vaccine.

He also takes care of his 87 year old mother (who is vaxxed) who lives in the neighborhood he grew up in. So a neighbor he’s known most of his life was walking by and they start talking and of course the vaccine is brought up. He’s asked if he’s getting it and he says no. Now the guy will not speak to him anymore and has probably labeled him a MAGA, racist, and who knows what else in his former neighborhood.

I see a lot of that in this thread.

11 minutes ago, Bang said:

MY conservatism means i support a strong military, I support a free and open market, and I support as little government intrusion into our lives as possible. 
But all of that is gone. 

Agree with this statment 100%. The problem is that both sides of our government have failed us for decades. 

11 minutes ago, Bang said:

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Smug levels over 9000 captain!!!!!

e6c6dca5-3447-4d28-b391-edcf70bdef46_text.gif.3e31c3e22fdf5bb99e86e038e4af38a8.gif

Basically every point you referenced about the article could have been easily divined from the link @China provided by hitting the little play button in the articles video.  Its the button that looks like a triangle in a circle in the picture at the top.

...a triangle is a shape with three sides.

Good luck.

"Peace".

Yes thank you.....I dont have the available data to watch videos while traveling across this great country we call America.  I utilized my reading ability on another site to gather the necessary info. Does smugness level even go to 9k? Thats the best you have? A star wars meme and the statement smug levels over 9000? Take a day and do better. 

No Peace for you one whole year!

Also we have to get beyond the idea that disinformation only effects conservatives who watch FOX.  That may have been true 20 years ago, but we are in a world where most people are likely getting their information from the internet, not cable news.  These people will try and push back and say "I don't even watch FOX, so...." yet the talking points they use to defend their actions are still the same exact ones used on Fox and other right-wing media outlets.  

The disinformation is merely there to plant seeds of doubts.  The kind of doubts that persist despite their "questions & concerns" being able to get answered remarkably easily if they would just turn to actual doctors and medical professionals for the information instead of having it filtered through punditry or "anti-establishment nerd with microphone & webcam"  You don't even have to convert someone into being 100% anti-vaxxer in order to cloud up their thoughts enough to get them bewildered.  Not to relate this to all of that Russia/2016 election stuff, but it was the same thing.  The Russian disinformation was not necessarily designed to be pro-Trump in nature so much as it was to cultivate a general distrust in our institutions so should a Trump or Trump-like figure eventually make it into office, he or she could make the most absurd non-sensical claims and half the country would believe them despite zero evidence to back up their claims because the distrust was already there.

I have seen it on my social media feeds a lot lately.  Folks that are frustrated with lockdowns (potentially coming back) and mask mandates.  The frustration is definitely understandable because it is legitimately frustrating that we have to keep taking these measures, however these same people are so easily manipulated into looking at the wrong root cause.  They want to point the finger at Newsome (for us in CA) or whoever else when in reality those guys are merely reacting to the reality of the situation.  The  masks & lockdowns are not part of some secret evil scheme to control us, it is a last ditch effort to stop the spread of a virus that 50% (at least) of the country refuses to do anything to help about.  

Before the vaccine was even in our sights it was said quite frequently that the herd immunity plan would not work until approx 80% of the population was vaxinated, so I can't for the life of me understand why folks are still acting like "omg will this never end, they keep lying and moving the goal posts, wah wah fn waaaah"  No, actually, they haven't, we just haven't met the parameters of going back to normal and until that happens there is going to be this constant teetering back and forth.

If you don't like, fine, but stop blaming the leaders that are actually trying to stop this from getting out of control and start blaming the people who AREN'T trying to stop this from getting out of control.

Edited by NoCalMike

11 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Look...Trump could've put his stupid name on masks months before he did.  

The man did not care if people died. 

Anyone remotely close to his line of thinking gets the finger.  

He could have barnstormed the country handing out "his" vaccine, lapping up praise. Hell, the government could have even funded it for him as Vax outreach. But instead he decided to push the big lie and then cry on his golf course for months. 

12 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Look...Trump could've put his stupid name on masks months before he did.  

The man did not care if people died. 

Anyone remotely close to his line of thinking gets the finger.  

False statement alert. He actually did care but he was more concerned of his image while doing so. That better?

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

False statement alert. He actually did care but he was more concerned of his image while doing so. That better?

Not really, if Trump had true concern he would have done what every other westernized country did and come up with a Nationwide plan, bringing together governors from across all political sides to come up with a real strategy to stop the virus from spreading.  Instead he tried to use the issue as a fake "culture war ala freedom" issue and you had some states on lockdowns while others were doing very little until the spreads & outbreaks were too vast.  That is not leadership, that is trying to preserve your political career by catering to your base and entertaining trash conspiracy theories when politically expedient. 

• Like 2