Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Dallas II

KDawg

Wes S has played at RG and LG and has had a rotating storefront door in terms of tackles to play beside. His managed to perform regardless, without a hiccup in communication or output.

I mean this in the best possible way, but the dude is an amorphous blob that can fill any hole, regardless of his surroundings. You can kick him around the line, put him next to anyone, it does not matter.

Defense:

Curl was amazing!

Line played pretty well all around-Settle deserves extension discussion 

Dbacks tackled like champs 

LB's were lost or covered up by the line and backs, the were slow and unimpressive all around.Holcomb was decent

One note-Remember the Cowboys did not have most of their OL starters

Offense

Gibson was outstanding

The line played pretty well, Moses stood up on the left again which is great but I want him on the right side. Roullier really deserves not extravagant extension discussion. He is not great but man, he is steady and never out of the lineup.

KDawg is correct, Smith needed to push downfield a few more times and look to someone other than Terry to do so. There were receivers opened on some plays but he didn't seem to scan the field at times. 

Smith does still have decent wheels under him which is a shocker and still has good zip on the ball when he needs it.

Jaylon Smith is the most overrated player in the NFL. The fact that people think he's even good is astounding to me, I've never seen a LB get so much credit and hype for tackles 5+ yards down the field in my life. 2 out of the 3 Gibson TDs runs (the long runs) were a direct result of Smith being out position. I hope Dallas starts him forever. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jaylon Smith is the most overrated player in the NFL. The fact that people think he's even good is astounding to me, I've never seen a LB get so much credit and hype for tackles 5+ yards down the field in my life. 2 out of the 3 Gibson TDs runs (the long runs) were a direct result of Smith being out position. I hope Dallas starts him forever. 

He's a good player but its the Cowboy star effect. Average players are hyped to be good and good players are hyped to be Hall of Famers.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lol Zeke 10 carries, 32 yards. 

Seems to have slowed down quite  a bit. Totally forgot he was in the game.

I dont think I've ever seen a worse coached game at the pro level, from a situational standpoint.

McCarthy showed consistent disrespect towards us with his crazy calls. Or he was drinking.  Or both. Also, Antonio Gibson has a taste for paint. He is on a tear right now.

Good stuff, KD :cheers:

What a good time that was. It was a real coming out party for our defense and for Gibson, establishing our identity as a team that can control clock and mitigate the opponent's offensive strengths.

I had the game in my DVR and savored every moment. Got to watch it with my co-pilot too. 

20201126_174939.thumb.jpg.b60541c64fc4222b3a81e13ee9c75713.jpg

A very happy Thanksgiving indeed. :)

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's a good player but its the Cowboy star effect. Average players are hyped to be good and good players are hyped to be Hall of Famers.

He's one of the biggest reasons Dallas' run defense is atrocious, apart from Mike Nolan's awful scheme. I wouldn't say he's good at all. 

Best win beginning to end we’ve had in quite some time. Turner has seemed to finally be settling in. We can move the ball at will. Still need to improve with our shots downfield and chunk TD’s. But that’s nitpicky. Love to see that we are running the ball with so well. The D was stingy and opportunistic. Felt great to sweep the cowgirls. 

28 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Best win beginning to end we’ve had in quite some time. Turner has seemed to finally be settling in. We can move the ball at will. Still need to improve with our shots downfield and chunk TD’s. But that’s nitpicky. Love to see that we are running the ball with so well. The D was stingy and opportunistic. Felt great to sweep the cowgirls. 

I was very impressed with the balance we had showed in the play calling. Turner called a great game. Clearly, we should make Gibson a focal point of the offense, but spreading the ball around to keep McLaurin from being doubled is also key. 

Logan Thomas had a very impactful game as well. Didn't know he could throw a spiral like that! 

11 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

This Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for not having Curt Cousins as our QB.

blessings to all!

HTTR

I never ****ing liked that guy. Just saying. Even when he was one of the better players on our team. Always rubbed me the wrong way. And not bc I was some RG3 super-fan, either. They both ended up rubbing me the wrong way.

Man. This win made my day. I wasn’t able to see my sister/her fiancé (sister works in a hospital and would have to quarantine if she travels from NYC) or my brother/his fiancé (they both had the virus and couldn’t get tested in time in order to come visit us for thanksgiving), so i had been saying all week thanksgiving 2020 was going to suck. 

this win definitely turned that around. It’s amazing how much a game can change your mood on a holiday. 

McLaurins tackle on the INT, man that changed things. If not for him, it’s 20-20 and then who knows what happens. Instead, we hold Dallas to a FG, and we score again to make it an 11 point game. 

Archived