Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Dallas II

KDawg

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, which i think the other guy is also saying. You’re both saying the same thing, that he shouldn’t get credit for a missed tackle. so again i ask, where’s the argument? 

No, the other guy was ridiculing it and mischaracterizing it as nothing more than crediting Apke for whiffing. That's not even remotely close to what was described.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Both things can be true for the record. He did a great job forcing Burrow inside where he had help.

He also missed a tackle.

So how about we credit him with an Assisted Tackle.

Perhaps the reason he takes bad angles and whiffs tackles, is because his lightning speed is so fast, that even he underestimates his own speed, resulting in mis-timing the impact of the intended target.

When you're that fast, it's very difficult to contain and measure its applications

Kind of like when you shake hands with Dexter Manley. It's not that he's trying to break your hand and finger bones. It's just that he misjudges his superior strength. And it doesn't make him a bad person or athlete :)

I'm surprised Dallas has not cut ties with their ST coach yet. Running a play that bad is like handing in your papers mid game.

It also speaks well that Gibby was able to get chunk plays running to the left, middle and right. It makes us very unpredictable on short yardage to go runs as you cant just assume we will run behind our best lineman or side. Gotta guard everything. Makes converting those almost money in the bank... or better yet Crypt-o-currency. (Zombie Pun)

I think I've watched this game replay a dozen times. Nothing better than watching good sound football being played by this team. Especially against the cowgirls. The national media is finally coming out of the fog of illusion and realizing how irrelevant them boys are. Great showing by this team.

20 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm surprised Dallas has not cut ties with their ST coach yet. Running a play that bad is like handing in your papers mid game.

The play call or the decision to fake it there? 

I think the head coach generally decides if they will run the fake or actually punt. But I'm sure it's the ST coach who designed or decided on which fake. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The play call or the decision to fake it there? 

I think the head coach generally decides if they will run the fake or actually punt. But I'm sure it's the ST coach who designed or decided on which fake. 

The whole kitten kabootle

The choice to go for a 4th and 10 in your own end w/ a fake punt is crazy. If you want a first down that badly, leave your O out there. Probably have a better chance of converting.

The play design (even if it schemes guys open) had a non QB 10 yds behind the LOS and 20 from a first down. The only viable passing option that would lead to a first down ran a route almost 10 yds past the sticks. That play, even if it worked, hinges on a non-QB throwing a mildly accurate pass 30+ yards on the run, possible to someone who may/may not even be a WR. Not impossible, but I would not want to bank a 4th down on it.

The execution of said fake punt where you have a few players going out for a pass, his blockers remaining at the LOS to avoid a penalty in a passing situation, and a ballcarrier who shows no sign of even knowing if passing was an option is a massive flag against the ST coach for either not putting the right guy out there or not teaching them properly.

17 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The whole kitten kabootle

The choice to go for a 4th and 10 in your own end w/ a fake punt is crazy. If you want a first down that badly, leave your O out there. Probably have a better chance of converting.

The play design (even if it schemes guys open) had a non QB 10 yds behind the LOS and 20 from a first down. The only viable passing option that would lead to a first down ran a route almost 10 yds past the sticks. That play, even if it worked, hinges on a non-QB throwing a mildly accurate pass 30+ yards on the run, possible to someone who may/may not even be a WR. Not impossible, but I would not want to bank a 4th down on it.

The execution of said fake punt where you have a few players going out for a pass, his blockers remaining at the LOS to avoid a penalty in a passing situation, and a ballcarrier who shows no sign of even knowing if passing was an option is a massive flag against the ST coach for either not putting the right guy out there or not teaching them properly.

Makes sense. I guess most of what I'm hearing though is on the head coach. He's the one who ultimately decided to 1) go for it and 2) go for it as a fake rather than an offensive play. That only leaves the ST coach responsible for the "which fake punt" decision. I'd assume teams have a few to choose from, but most of them work because they catch the other team napping...not because there's some great way to win individual battles with non-offensive players. 

That's all I was driving toward...there was very little of this that falls on the lap of the ST coach. McCarthy basically came to him and said "run your best fake" and he was on the hot seat to dial up a winner. 

Archived