Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

TK

This team is like the opposite of the Gruden era teams that started out of the gate in games hot then slowly faded and gave up everyting in the 4th quarter.

This team acts like they aren't even playing football until the 2 min warning, and then decides they want to make some moves in the 2nd half when they are already down by 2-3 possessions. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Its gotta be concerning that Detroit was able to come out and attack us with the run, they obviously noticed the weakness on film.

I don't know about our interior D lineman, it seems to simple that just adding a good linebacker would fix this.

Nah we need to jettison all of them. Some can stay as reserves I guess. But all 3 starters should not be starters in '21

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Redskins will never have the traditional GM/ coach setup under Dan Snyder.   Dan will not give that power to something he never believed in.   He got to play GM under Vinny and Bruce; when he chose to.

The best we can hope for is that that Ron hires a personnel guy and let's that person handle all drafting, free agency with input from the coaches of course.  Ron then can focus on coaching.

Kyle Smith needs to go.  Sorry, but he doesn't deserve the job.  The holdover from pre-Rivera has misjudged  the roster this year.  Ron also misjudged the roster this year; which is why he needs a personnel guy now.

QB and the entire o-line are essential in 2021 or else the Rivera era will fail. 

Maybe this is nitpicking, but how do you know they misjudged the roster? Did they call this a playoff roster and I missed it? The interviews and pressers I saw, Rivera called this an evaluation year. They didn’t spend big in FA, preferring to roll a ton of  the money over to next offseason. Cut vets to play young guys who could have a future here. Seems to me they appropriately judged the roster as not good and young, and knew this was an evaluation year, like they said.

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Can you guys stop with the pissing contest over who's a real fan?  We're all in a gameday thread for a now 2-7 dumpster fire team that was the second-worst in the league last year and still among the ****tiest for the past two decades.

ANYONE who is on this board right now is a real fan.  Stop the measuring contest.

It’s like jumping on a band wagon to brag about who has had more suffering?!?

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly. Nobody is a bigger fan than the next guy. You’re as extreme as me, I’m as extreme as Bobskinsfan23 (not an actual username I know, I’m making a point here), mossfan89 is as extreme as the next guy. It’s silly to say “you’re not as big a fan as me!! Leave now!”. 

completely silly. 

Bobskinsfan23 is an idiot, I ****ing hate that guy.

I don't get the doom and gloom here. I mean obviously I do, but to me today was the ideal scenario.

A watchable game, see some progress and a character-building comeback on the offensive side, in it right to the end, and then get the Loss for Draft Order. Everyone knows we're gonna draft one of these top QBs coming out if we can. Fortunately the Giants beat the Eagles, hopefully the Chargers win. Jags almost pulled it out too though they lost. We're on pace for a top 3 pick! Ron will get to draft HIS guy at QB, we free up a bunch of cap space to sign additions over the summer, next year is gonna be the first real year to try and make some noise. So personally, I think we're right on track.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't get the doom and gloom here. I mean obviously I do, but to me today was the ideal scenario.

A watchable game, see some progress and character-building on the offensive side, in it right to the end, and then get the Loss for Draft Oder. 

Honestly I do wonder if the NFC East's situation is driving some of the frustration with the fanbase.  Before the season started I think at least 60% of us, if not more expected to see what we are seeing now, maybe better in some areas, but as far as Wins/Losses these results were expected.  Then fast forward 2 months into the season and the 1st place team has 3 wins and suddenly there is this newfound expectations to pull out these wins because "who knows what might happen"  If any team in the NFC East had 5 wins or more and it totally erased any delusions of "hanging in there for a surprise December finish" I think the mindset for 2020 season results would change. 

4 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Not all that mad, cause of the draft positioning. Still, does the draft ever help -this- team? No so sure. I guess it provides hope. Oh well, on to next week! 

That’s the problem our draft position isn’t helping. We’ve sucked for years.  

this is unfathomable.  

Short of a legit QB it will be more of the same.  Again.  

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Honestly I do wonder if the NFC East's situation is driving some of the frustration with the fanbase.  Before the season started I think at least 60% of us, if not more expected to see what we are seeing now, maybe better in some areas, but as far as Wins/Losses these results were expected.  Then fast forward 2 months into the season and the 1st place team has 3 wins and suddenly there is this newfound expectations to pull out these wins because "who knows what might happen"  If any team in the NFC East had 5 wins or more and it totally erased any delusions of "hanging in there for a surprise December finish" I think the mindset for 2020 season results would change. 

I think you're right. Which is funny to me because whoever wins the division, you think that team is gonna make a run in the postseason??? Nah man the prize for the division winner is getting bounced wild card weekend and picking 16th. Lol

I get it though. As much as we talk about patience and long-term thinking, it's hard for people to practice in reality. I mean last year we really had some people upset that we lost to the Giants in the Chase Young Bowl!! WTF

It's like people think Ron Rivera is going to have this tolerance for ineptitude and lack of discipline next year, too. No way! He's letting it ride this year.... just watching, taking notes, getting a sense of whom he wants to keep around and who's gonna be headed right out the door come January!

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't get how anyone can be angry. We're a bad football team and we lost. Why do people want to win the division? Its meaningless. We'd get railroaded in the 1st round and be stuck picking like 19th. We need to continue bottoming out and adding blue chip talent.

I get your point but what has that “blue chip” talent done for us besides putting us in position to pick more “blue chip” talent?  At some point the objective has to be to win games right?

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This team is like the opposite of the Gruden era teams that started out of the gate in games hot then slowly faded and gave up everyting in the 4th quarter.

This team acts like they aren't even playing football until the 2 min warning, and then decides they want to make some moves in the 2nd half when they are already down by 2-3 possessions. 

I think a lot of teams also let us get back into games. We play more aggressive on O and opponents play it more safe. Don't forget we play extremely bad teams. Lions and Giants or not good. 

I just want to see us play 4 quarters. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get how anyone can be angry. We're a bad football team and we lost. Why do people want to win the division? Its meaningless. We'd get railroaded in the 1st round and be stuck picking like 19th. We need to continue bottoming out and adding blue chip talent.

Agreed.

I can ride out what Coach Rivera called an "evaluation year".

As long as we don't lose on Thanksgiving. :806:

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I get your point but what has that “blue chip” talent done for us besides putting us in position to pick more “blue chip” talent?  At some point the objective has to be to win games right?

I get that. Young has been underwhelming. But I still think he can be a good one. And we could have had Tua.

The point I guess is to be in position to take a game changer. But you still gotta make the right pick.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

We need to get the greatest on paper collection of d-like talent in the history of the NFL.  I say draft another one!

16 minutes ago, Young Sweat said:

I think that we are more talented than the Lions. I think we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL and that makes it very hard for us to compete even with the few teams that we are better than. Our first drive displays everything that I'm talking about.

We are not more talented than the Lions in the slightest. And the irony of this post is that it’s the LIONS being held back, even more than we are, by poor coaching—Matt Patricia and his staff are a joke and the players are essentially rebelling behind closed doors and celebrating when they have time away from him. I get it, man. We all hated the reverse call in that first drive and the defense is underperforming big time. But this is a BAD team whose talent you overrated, and you allowed their suckitude to sneak up on you which makes it’s extra unpleasant. Believe me I’ve done the same in the past. Rivera is a much better coach than we’ve had in recent years and the guys are playing their ass off for him even though they suck. He’s made some questionable calls. The defensive staff and Turner, that’s all up in the air. But with our lack of talent across the board it’s hard to know for sure. 

Archived