Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Detroit Football Team

TK

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I get your point but what has that “blue chip” talent done for us besides putting us in position to pick more “blue chip” talent?  At some point the objective has to be to win games right?

Tell me how many blue chip talent players a team like the Steelers have drafted in top 10 of the draft. How many top 10 picks do the Chiefs have? 

It's not your draft position. It's about having an organisation that gives players the opportunity to grow and become great players. That's the job Rivera got and I don't see it yet.

14 minutes ago, carex said:

he's been playing damn good

You really think today he was “damn good”?  Did you actually watch him or is that your wishful thinking. Show me one pressure against a single blocker besides the busted play when Stafford ran to his right toward him.  And there were PLENTY of opportunities.   I defy you.  

His run defense, which is normally pretty good, was not that good today. A couple screens in his area went for long yards.  

We need another shot at a QB... we've botched the last two drafts by coming out without a QB and we had a chance to get Tua and Herbert this past year, both of which are showing promise... 

Out suck Dallass, and then hope that Jacksonville pulls out a win somewhere

Just now, wilco_holland said:

Be honest to me. Do we see any improvement between week 1 and 9? Because we hired a guy to make us better. 

There is definitive improvement. The team doesn't quit and half time adjustments are evident. 

14 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Probably.

But there is nothing more satisfying than a rich, full Thanksgiving dinner coupled with a victory over Dallas. :815:

If we can keep stockpiline high picks and good talent especially a QB, that would be one thing much more satisfying than beating an awful Cowboys team 

Just now, DiscoBob said:

We need another shot at a QB... we've botched the last two drafts by coming out without a QB and we had a chance to get Tua and Herbert this past year, both of which are showing promise... 

Out suck Dallass, and then hope that Jacksonville pulls out a win somewhere

But what's the difference? The QB play is not the reason we lose. It's starting of slow. It's making mistakes, shooting yourself in the foot. 

Best example. We haven't scored on the opening drive. Tell me how that first drive ended today. That's who we are. We find ways to lose and put us in bad positions. It's in the culture. We bring in guys from winning programs but I don't see it on the field. 

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Be honest to me. Do we see any improvement between week 1 and 9? Because we hired a guy to make us better. 

I think the offense has shown improvement and we're seeing young guys like Gibson and Sims develop.

The defense has regressed, but in fairness they were playing all backup OL in Week 1 and there was no way they'd sustain that against even average league starters.

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeah, we did hire rivera to make us better. Unfortunately, a team this crappy isn’t going to be fixed in one offseason. Especially an off-season that was as crazy as this one was. 

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

But what's the difference? The QB play is not the reason we lose. It's starting of slow. It's making mistakes, shooting yourself in the foot. 

Best example. We haven't scored on the opening drive. Tell me how that first drive ended today. That's who we are. We find ways to lose and put us in bad positions. It's in the culture. We bring in guys from winning programs but I don't see it on the field. 

Smith had happy feet and missed an open McKissic on the first drive(I believe it was the first)that woulda been a TD. The next play he runs backwards and gets sacked to drive us out of FG range.

Maybe with Tua or Herbert we score a TD there or at least get a FG. Completely changes the game.

Sometimes its just one or two plays and the good QBs make those plays to win games.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

?  Lost to a three win team today.  Swept by the Giants.  Where is the improvement cause I missed it.  

Here, you missed my post that you quoted. Let me copy/paste it for you:

There is definitive improvement. The team doesn't quit and half time adjustments are evident. 

Just now, wilco_holland said:

I more feel like that's the only stable thing this year. We keep playing and half time changes work. But it's getting us nowhere. 

Its an improvement. This team was dire. It still is. But it's "better". We were really, really, really bad. Now we're just really bad. Lost two reallys.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

?  Lost to o a three win team today.  Swept by the Giants.  Where is the improvement cause I missed it.  

Halftime adjustments. That’s an area I’ve seen improvements. Remember the lack of adjustments the gruden-coached teams had? I sure do. The team would just quit in years past. This year? Not much quit in them. Sure, wins aren’t there yet. But that doesn’t mean there haven’t been any improvements 

38 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

That’s the problem our draft position isn’t helping. We’ve sucked for years.  

this is unfathomable.  

Short of a legit QB it will be more of the same.  Again.  

We've rarely had the benefit of being in a good position in the draft. When we did, it absolutely did help us: Trent Williams at the #4 pick, Brandon Scherff at #5. Now Chase Young at #2, who despite the criticism is a good defensive lineman on a defense with no linebackers and no safeties. We definitely didn't benefit from draft position in 2013 and 2014 considering we didn't have draft picks to use. Payne and Allen have been as average as any other 1st round pick.

Draft positioning isn't something we've squandered, aside from Doctson. We just failed to build anything around the draft picks we did get. We failed free agency. We have a new regiment, time to try again.

Archived