Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I’ve finally gotten around to playing Titanfall 2. I bought it recently for $2. What an awesome game that still holds up. This game is the most fun I’ve had playing in a while.

im also about to finish Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart with my wife. That game has been a blast as well. I’m dropping PS+ in 2 weeks, so I won’t be getting the platinum. 

Rift Apart is one of the few games I have ever platinum'd.  It was just so much fun.  I don't remember how many times I actually beat the whole game.  I was at the point where I could just blow through everything though.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 1:30 PM, dfitzo53 said:

What were the pain points before?

That the game is too complicated and, accordingly, have decided to put it back down again.  LOL.

If there is the potential to team up and learn how to play the game from people who actually understand it, I would be up for that.  I'm on a PS5.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thumb up 1

On 5/25/2024 at 1:18 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Gonna give Baldur’s gate another shot. 

Any advice?

Don't worry too much about your choice of class. You can respec from pretty early on after you complete a sidequest(won't spoil where it is, just explore the starting area thoroughly and you'll find it without too much difficulty).

Talk to your companions regularly. Their stories are excellent and you can unlock some cool stuff.

Save early and often.

I feel like whenever I post in here, its a massive, scatterbrained, info dump. Anyways, here we go:

1. Stealth is one of my favorite genres, I played the demos for Shadow Tactics, Desperados 3 and Shadow Gambit earlier in the year and hated them all. I went back, played them again and now I'm all about these games. They're all made by the same developer, its a top down view where you control up to 3 (so far) characters in real time and stealth the **** out of everything. The best way to describe it, is Hitman with a top down view (but much less of the gimmicky kills).

2. I used to only buy physical, now I've gone more digital (better sales and more convenient), I wanted Shadow Tactics so I can play while I have time off. I've seen digital sales for $8, but it was listed as $40 for a seven year old game. Physical copies were only $15, but take at least two days to get here. So I tried out a shady, third rate, Russian black market site for game keys. Bought a Euro version for $8, used a VPN and had me a cheap game. I was told not to do this too often (most console games aren't on their anyways), but my eyes are open now. Has anyone else tried this? Coming from an ex pirate, I feel bad about it, but not as bad.

Posted (edited)

It's prob hit or miss with that simmsy.  I've read about people getting banned or licenses revoked when they "travel" to buy games off of other countries websites. But I've done it several times in the past and never had a problem. So who knows what triggers Microsoft/PlayStation/Nintendo to take action. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 5/28/2024 at 10:06 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

That the game is too complicated and, accordingly, have decided to put it back down again.  LOL.

If there is the potential to team up and learn how to play the game from people who actually understand it, I would be up for that.  I'm on a PS5.  

I know @Llevronhas it on PS. He and I have been playing together on PC every weekend and it's a blast to play with friends once you get your feet under you. 

I only have it on PC.

But if you lured me to your house with booze and food in a blatant ploy to gain access to my video game knowledge, I'd probably fall for it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's prob hit or miss with that simmsy.  I've read about people getting banned or licenses revoked when they "travel" to buy games off of other countries websites. But I've done it several times in the past and never had a problem. So who knows what triggers Microsoft/PlayStation/Nintendo to take action. 

Yeah, I've looked into this several years ago and was too chicken to go thru with it then. I think the way it was being done at that time was you'd give someone your account info, they log on and add you to some sharing list or something. Even more shady than what I just did.

I don't know what triggers it either, I don't plan to do that too often if ever again, I was just impatient and didn't think it was right to charge $40 for a digital game thats been out since 2017 (looking at you, Sekiro). If I had to guess what the trigger would be, it would probably be for the more expensive, popular or newer games. As a wise man once said:

"I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old crook like me."

~ Brooks

I've bought a ton of Switch games off of foreign eshops and have never been banned or anything nor had issues.  Some of the foreign eshops won't take credit cards though so there isn't a way to use them.

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I know @Llevronhas it on PS. He and I have been playing together on PC every weekend and it's a blast to play with friends once you get your feet under you. 

I only have it on PC.

But if you lured me to your house with booze and food in a blatant ploy to gain access to my video game knowledge, I'd probably fall for it. 

@PleaseBlitz It is complicated on PC and probably close to 10 times more so on PS5 because of all the buttons to click. One of the few times PS5 controller itself feels limited. 

That said I do think I can help and if yall want to get a group of folks together either virtually or, as @dfitzo53 says in person drunk and hungry I would be down to help out. Either way works for me. Its one of the best games I have ever played ever and I know its not for everyone AND on PS5 the barrier for entry is high, so happy to help. 

I am drinking bourbon every time we play actually. The best part of the turn based action is the ability to drink during combat. It is often why I hold the team back. Healer too drunk to heal LOL. We have a lot of fun. To the point where I stopped playing it solo because its a whole other game when you have the power to get revenge on your friends. I constantly throw squirrel corpses at them. Why? Because I can.